Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 6,421 to 6,440 of 16,083

KirbyTheVampire

@Octane Yeah, TW3. Sorry, I should have clarified. Sounds good, though. I'll definitely pick it up sometime.

KirbyTheVampire

Ralizah

TW3 goes on sale digitally in NA all the time. It shows up in a lot of PSN and Steam sales.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

Looks like Supergiant Games are three-for-three with a triple homerun of Bastion, Transistor and their latest, Pyre.

Eurogamer gave it an ‘Essential’, which is only the second game this year to be given that rare honour. Breath of the Wild was the first, if anybody’s wondering. A 9 from GameSpot, and lots of overwhelmingly positive praise elsewhere. The preview that I read in Edge a few months back was equally as gushing as all these reviews are too.

Time to buy!

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

-Green-

I really love SuperGiant's art direction. It comes of as really colorful and in your face, but it manages to look really nice. At least for me anyways.

I hope this game does a better job with the story than in Transistor. For the sake of ambiguity and such it came off a bit pretentious.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

It definitely looks nice. Have yet to actually play any of their games, though, which is a shame.

Ryno

Horizon Zero Dawn for $23.99 at Best Buy. My backlog for my PS4 is already growing but at the price I don't think I can resist.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Peek-a-boo

@Ryno Crikey! That’s a name I haven’t seen for a while...

Is everything okay?

As for Horizon Zero Dawn, go for it! Nearly five months on, it remains my favourite game of the year.

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo Youre just a bottomless barrel of marketing gifs

Quick show me a PS4 exclusive thsts fun and colourful. But not Crash or Ratchet.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Dezzy

@Peek-a-boo

How much space on your computer is taken up by the gif folder?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Peek-a-boo

@Dezzy Ignore the first three words Lloyd says, and you’ll have your answer.

Untitled

I have been playing Pyre this morning, and unless something else comes along and surprises me in the next five months, I think it is safe to say that the soundtrack is the best I have heard this year. The hand drawn visuals are eye-bogglingly superb, and the battles is a cross between the tactical style in Transistor and, strangely enough, a 3 versus 3 football match!

So far, it’s a little bit too easy however, I don’t believe I have reached a boss yet (to be tested).

Looks like it is going to be a long-ish game too. Thoroughly pleased with what I have played of Pyre so far.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo Haven't played Persona 5, I take it?

NEStalgia

@Ryno "Horizon Zero Dawn for $23.99 at Best Buy. My backlog for my PS4 is already growing but at the price I don't think I can resist."

This is precisely what's wrong with the gaming industry right now. They complain and complain about revenues. They complain and complain that $60 just isn't enough to make a return on the budget of a modern game. They complain they need $30 season passes on top of that to make it up. And then you have a high profile, well selling new release game that's only 4 months old, and it's discounted to $23.99.

If they can't even respect the value of their own product, why should anyone else?

NEStalgia

Peek-a-boo

NEStalgia wrote:

This is precisely what's wrong with the gaming industry right now. They complain and complain about revenues. They complain and complain that $60 just isn't enough to make a return on the budget of a modern game. They complain they need $30 season passes on top of that to make it up. And then you have a high profile, well selling new release game that's only 4 months old, and it's discounted to $23.99.

If they can't even respect the value of their own product, why should anyone else?

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Ryno

@Peek-a-boo: Yeah, everything is A-OK! I just needed a little break. I’m currently playing Nioh (when I can find time to get the PS4 and Crash away from my wife) and I am debating on playing Horizon, Bloodborne, or Nier next. Only getting a PS4 last month, I have so much to get caught up on!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ralizah

@NEStalgia This is the exact problem with indies on PC. A lot of people, myself included, aren't willing to buy them at launch because we know they'll be available for peanuts in a Steam sale or humble bundle in a few months. Same reason I'll almost never buy Western AAA games at launch (the few that I'm actually interested in, anyhow). Early adopters are effectively punished for supporting these games early on.

Edited on by Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Indies are at least cheap to start with. The big guys really screwed the whole industry with this mentality, though it largely started with Gabe and his Bezos-like conquest of the digital game business a while back and the industry for some reason picked it up. It's like the Atari cycle all over again. It's a joke. No industry can sustain itself if it's universally known the sticker price is good for a few months at most before it plummets to a fraction. Imagine if movie theaters had an $11 ticket price, but everybody knew that a few weeks after movie release tickets are $4? Imagine if BMW sold $40,000 cars, but everybody knew that last years model is always $8,000 and a free gas card? How can any industry hope to survive that pricing? I expect such idiocy from the big publishers, but when the platform holders actually get in on the action, that's just sad.

NEStalgia

Ryno

@NEStalgia: But what is the % of total game purchases during the first 3 months at full price vs. sales thereafter (Non-Nintendo games)? I bet a large % is during the first 3 months no matter how cheap the becomes a few months later.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I mean, if you wait a few months, many movies go to second-run theaters with bargain bin ticket prices, and this has hardly tanked the movie industry. I'm not saying the game industry doesn't have issues, but I do think you're exaggerating, to some extent. After all, games are priced this way because of purchasing trends: most AAA games sell best at launch and then interest quickly dies out. It only makes sense to reduce prices to match. Games that sell well for years like Pokemon, Mario, and GTA tend to maintain higher average price points.

I think a bigger problem is that a lot of Western AAA games are simply getting too expensive. It's telling when a game like the Tomb Raider reboot can sell well and SE still considers the sales to be disappointing because of how much money was sunk into its development.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic