Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 6,001 to 6,020 of 16,083

IceClimbers

Sony's clearing the decks a bit with this pre-show.

They just announced Tropico 6 and that Undertale is coming to PS4.

EDIT: AND VITA

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

Ni No Kuni II arrives on November 10.

Octane

JaxonH

Octane wrote:

Ni No Kuni II arrives on November 10.

Ahh... finally.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

Uncharted, Horizon DLC and Days Gone with zombie bears!

Octane

Octane

Monster Hunter coming to PS4!

Edit: Early 2018

AND SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS!

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Dezzy

Audio arrives at E3 2018

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

-Green-

MHW looks insane. I really want it. So far that's about it. Maybe Days Gone.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JaxonH

That Monster Hunter looks super lame. Even worse than I imagined.

But holy cow, Skyrim VR is hype!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

Well that was the most "adequate repetition of stuff we know that works" Sony show ever.

Can't think of anything original there at all. I'll buy quite a lot of it but I'm excited for almost none of it.

Nintendo really have the opportunity to "win E3" tomorrow if they do well. Show Mario, show some Xenoblade and announce Metroid, and Nintendo will have won imo.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAS!

Monster Hunter World... I can't believe it actually happened!

Spiderman looks awesome. Undertale is awesome. Ni no Kuni II is gorgeous.

Best conference so far.

It's pretty funny how much Days Gone looks like The Last of Us, though. Like, seriously.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

My big problem here was what was new is a remake, DLC and a clunkier looking Monster Hunter.

But the big problem is this: We knew about the rest from 2015 or 2016. But its still mostly stuff coming in 2018.

And this thought just hit me. What does Sony have for the holiday season?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@BLP_Software Sony hasn't bothered with big holiday releases for a while now, has it?

Shadow of the Colossus was the highlight for me. I revere it like some people revere Ocarina of Time.

KirbyTheVampire

God of War, Spiderman, and Days Gone look cool, and are games I'll consider. Monster Hunter World just looks like a dumbed down, Westernized open world game with a Monster Hunter skin on it, but we'll see.

KirbyTheVampire

NEStalgia

Sony sure knows how to put on a show. EA looked like a high school play gone wrong. Microsoft was slick and professional and the best conference they had in years. Almost sold me on XBox again. Ubi....they opened with 15 minutes of Nintendo with Miyamoto on stage.....hard not to win E3 with that right there, who cares if the rest of their "online persistent world blah blah" games aren't coming to Switch. But Sony just put on a slick show, no frills, lots of gameplay with less of the cinematic trailers taking over (Ubi), and while MS and Ubi are pushing their always online best graphics nonsense Sony seems focused on content, games that play like games, etc. Good presentation....it brought me back from being ambivalent about my PS4 to wanting a Pro again.....a euphoria that will last until precisely 9a/12p tomorrow when I'm reminded why I'll probably never boot my PS4 again (except P5...still gotta get to that...) MS was slick...but when I think of their conference there aren't many games that wowed me (that aren't also coming to PS4). I can't remember most of them now, in terms of exclusives.

I don't get the luke warm reception to Detroit. That game blew me away last year and cranked it up to 11 this year. That looks like one of the few things that will get me glued to my PS4 for a time. Spiderman looked way better than I imagined...though I admit the hype died a bit when I saw how heavy the QTE was. GOW has just never been my thing. This one looks a little more interesting but I've always given the series a wide berth so I probably wont stop now. SOTC, what can one say? The VR was a bit overplayed....that's soooo 2016. I know I'm forgetting a few games that I'm going to want. And Assassin's Creed. The FINALLY remembered what the game is supposed to be about. I've waited a decade to just play the darn game correctly again. Multiplat, but whatever.

It's so funy reading the comments on PushSquare about how it was boring, everybody already knew all these games and they're all 2018....which is what I've been saying here for months that they borrowed the next three years to make the last 2 years great. But reading the comments you'd think they were talking about Nintendo. Internet complaining about things you're a "fan" of is apparently faction-irrelevent.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Oh, and that MHW......WTH is that?? I saw the intro and thought it was the Buster Sword and thought FF7! Then I realized half-way into the trailer it wasn't FF, it must be MH. My heart sank to the floor: O M G: Nintendo lost MH!! How could they screw that up, they need it! And then I watched more and realized "lol, nope, they didn't" Announcing XX Switch before the Sony show really undercut the impact of that reveal I think. There was more confusion than glee on that.

I'm not sure what this thing is (spin off, main series?) but it's only vaguely MH, and NOT being on a portable device pretty much rules it out of being relevant in Japan....which is basically 80% of the MH market. A fun way to try to grow the series....but it looks like "real" MH is still Nintendo locked unless Japan suddenly stops buying Switches and starts buying XBones for this.

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

Well, that was pretty great. Short list of stuff that impressed me:

Ni No Kuni II: Revenent Kingdom
Knack 2
Matterfall
Monster Hunter: Worlds
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
the Horizons DLC
Spider-Man
Shadows of the Collosus remake

I still gotta check out the VR stuff once I get the time, but I was floored by most of that stuff as it is. I had been avoiding trailers of Ni no Kuni II, since I was afraid it might kill my interests in the first game, which I haven't finished. But no, while it looks great, it also looks different enough that I think it'd be worth it even if I'm still working the No. 1, which I might be. It's a long game, with a lot to do.

But good God! Monster Hunter: Worlds is everything I wanted & so much more! Same with Sider-Man! I can't wait for those.

The Shadows of Collosus game looks gorgeoys enough that I might upgrade for that reason alone - Star Fox 64 3D is the only other game I've said that about, and I was NOT disappointed there at all.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy looks fun, and makes me want to play through Uncharted 2-4...which I might do this weekend, actually. I need a high-octane action game right now, and DOOM is only doing so much. Though, I guess I'm still playing through Bayonetta...

The Horizons DLC reminds me that Horizons still exists, and I really want to play it. But I think I'll wait for a complete edition, like I should've done with Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Witcher 3 before it.

Knack 2 and Matterfall also look reasonably interesting, and I hope they turn out well when they come out.

@NEStalgia Relax. Competiton is good for the industry. And the Switch still has XX, so it'll still do well in Japan. If MH: Worlds does well enough, we may see ports or similar games on the Switch, too. May as well think about the possibilities of what's to come. I mean, that's what these kind of events are all about, right?

...Well, that, and playing video games, of course.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TuVictus

I personally found it to be pretty good but not great or particularly memorable, but that's ok! They showed nothing but games and kept the fluff to a minimum. Surprisingly good show from MS and Sony this year, I hope Nintendo follows suit.

TuVictus

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Spiderman went from looking like a polished Arkham clone to a QTE-filled "cinematic" action game. More Naughty Dog influence. Their influence really is ruining Sony's first party output.

Also, I'm less pessimistic about MH. It's definitely not a main series game, but it looks like an engaging evolution of the series. We'll see. I was almost offended by how bored that crowd was with it.

Edited on by Ralizah

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

@NEStalgia Spiderman went from looking like a polished Arkham clone to a QTE-filled "cinematic" action game. More Naughty Dog influence. Their influence really is ruining Sony's first party output.

Also, I'm less pessimistic about MH. It's definitely not a main series game, but it looks like an engaging evolution of the series. We'll see. I was almost offended by how bored that crowd was with it.

Hey now, if Spider-Man turned out to be interactive movie, would that even be a bad thing, considering the Spider-Man movies that we have gitten already? I would be ecstatic if the Amazing Spider-Man was even half that great!

Not that I agree. I think it's Watch_Dogs syndrome, where they show off the section that looks the best during a scripted even like E3. I saw plenty of other ways you could've approached that, at least before the Helicopter section. I think that was also supposed to be introducing a major antagoist, too, so it might've been extra flashy.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic