Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 5,961 to 5,980 of 16,083

Dezzy

@Octane

I was quite pleased to learn a few years ago that ancient historians and archaeologists get into massive petty academic fights over whose favourite ancient civilization was the first.

It almost made me want to go and study it. Sounds like people arguing over whether Star Wars of LOTR is the best.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy There's indeed a reason why I was careful with my wording...

Octane

Octane

@Tsurii A real game designer would want the game to be optimised for consoles, set in a medieval fantasy setting, add some RPG-y elements and giant dragons and other monsters.

I'm sorry, only two more days...

Octane

Dezzy

DQ11 footage of the first town on PS4.

There's no way I'm gonna buy the 3DS version given how sublime this world design is on the PS4:

@Octane

I just judge which is the best by which civilisation left the best stuff around. So Egypt certainly wins for pre-2000BC.

I sense this is the correct historical standard.

Edited on by Dezzy

Ralizah

@Dezzy I love how detailed that town is! This definitely looks like current-gen DQVIII.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

It frustrates me that they're still only at a point where they need to announce trailer dates instead of a release window. One day though... One day

TuVictus

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

Kingdom Hearts 3 randomly got a new trailer today.

It's not random! It was one of my predictions, I made it happen. Just like that Metroid teaser we're getting Tuesday.

Octane

Haru17

@Octane I think you mean a Horizon-style Metroid story trailer + gameplay demo. And a Monster Hunter 5 reveal for good measure.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

TuVictus

A bad idea is what it is >=(

TuVictus

Haru17

Geez you guys have bad memories. A Horizon-style Metroid story trailer + gameplay demo. As in the new Metroid will be revealed like Horizon was, which transitioned from that cool cinematic story trailer into a gameplay demo.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Haru17 I thought you meant Samus taking down giant robo dinosaurs. No, I'd be okay with that, I liked the Horizon reveal. New IP, great trailer and straight into gameplay, that was a neat surprise.

I'm still hoping for a third person Metroid, with a big budget please. Something on the scale of a Zelda game.

Octane

Dezzy

KH3 desperately needs to show more worlds. I can only think of about 3 we've seen.

Didn't they mention Frozen at some point?

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Dezzy Last time I checked the release date was ''before 2020'', so they've got plenty of time to show new worlds.

Octane

Dezzy

@Tsurii

Yeah, I wasn't just including the disney ones. I meant overall.

So we've got Mount Olympus, then......

Tangled
Untitled

Twilight Town???
Untitled

Possibly that Wizard's house?
Untitled

Dezzy

Yen Sid. That's the name. He's from that really old short "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"

TuVictus

They also confirmed big hero 6 world a whole back, but it was nothing more than concept art at the time

TuVictus

Dezzy

That Microsoft conference sure announced a lot of Playstation games lol.

Anthem looks good, although Bioware seem to have been entirely dissolved into just being a part of EA at this point. That could've just been made by any random EA studio.

What kind of business decision is it to buy on of the world's best RPG devs and just make them do action games instead? Seems pointless. Oh well, I guess Cd Projekt and Monolithsoft have taken their place.

Edited on by Dezzy

Haruki_NLI

It sure announced a lot of games Ill be getting either on my PS4 or PC. I don't care where I play em, damn some of those looked hot.

If its not on PS4, Ill get it on PC.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic