Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 5,441 to 5,460 of 16,083

diwdiws

The only question that matters: Harem or just one waifu?? Hahahaha

diwdiws

Ralizah

@diwdiws If this game is anything like Persona 4, it will make you feel like a horrible human being for getting serious with more than one girl. Fair warning.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Ralizah If I play it now I'll start it and then abandon it for months on end through late sprint through mid-fall when I go 100% handheld (which is why I absolutely love the Switch and have dreamed of it for ages), and then it won't make sense when I pick it up again in the winter and risks being abandoned entirely, and this is not a game I'll risk that on

Maybe if Sony hadn't screwed up the Vita that would have been an option. P4 was perfect there.

NEStalgia

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Fix that list

Spider-Man is coming this year, and I hope that either Detroit or Days Gone will be a 2017 title too. I don't think Horizon DLC is announced yet, but I do know that Sucker Punch is rumoured to make an appearance at E3, so there's that at least.

Octane

TuVictus

I started playing Nioh. I have gotten really really rusty at the souls formula. Does it have Co op? Cuz if it did I'll probably just have someone accompany me across the game

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

E3 has huge potential for all 3, Switch of which needs lots of new game announcements the most.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@diwdiws If this game is anything like Persona 4, it will make you feel like a horrible human being for getting serious with more than one girl. Fair warning.

Was it worse than The Witcher 3? I genuinely restarted the game when I found out you can't romance both of em. Which I did purely by accident.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Peek-a-boo

@Octane Is Spider-Man really coming out this year? I don't even think it has been given a release date stating which year it is due out!

It would be absolutely brilliant if the game is available when 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' is showing at cinemas around the world, but that seems more like a wishful dream of sorts.

And I remember both Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls being delayed more than once, which leads me to believe that Detroit: Being Human is far likely to be released next year. Saying that, it would be a very welcome - and unexpected - surprise if it does indeed come out later in the year though.

I'm happy with what we have got to look forward to!

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Seems like Insomniac backtracked a little. Marvel said 2017, Insomniac said ''No release timeframe has been announced.'' 2017 still seems reasonable IMO. Anyway, I really hope some of your 2018 games release this year. We've known about most of them since last year!

Octane

Ralizah

@Dezzy No idea, but dating more than one girl in P4 will lead to some broken hearts during certain holidays.

@Peek-a-boo Sony is having a brilliant 2017, but I can't honestly say I'm looking forward to much of anything else at this point beyond Final Fantasy VII Remake and Dragon Quest XI. Hopefully Sony changes that at E3.

diwdiws

@Dezzy haha did that on my first playthrough hahaha second time i chose Triss. But the part where you breakup with yennefer was so difficult. Hahah it was heartbreaking

diwdiws

IceClimbers

So it looks like Persona 5 isn't the only game getting blocked from streaming.

Sega is now doing the same thing - including restricting the PS4's share and record features -..... for Puyo Puyo Tetris.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Peek-a-boo

@IceClimbers I can understand the murmuring against Persona 5, but I am absolutely for Puyo Puyo Tetris streaming to be banned though, as I do not want to be spoiled in regards to the what the next block(s) look like!

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

I'm really surprised how dark the subject matter in Persona 5 is already getting. I know ATLUS isn't a company to shy away from controversial topics and themes in their games, but the first major storyline in this game is less about typical video-gamey tragedy and more about the sort of infuriating human evil you might hear about on the news. The game is doing a pretty good job not feeling exploitative in spite of this, though.

The bug has already gotten me. I started playing in the late-ish evening and just not looked up at the clock and realized I've been playing until two in the morning.

diwdiws

Wow that first palace was long!!!

diwdiws

Dezzy

@diwdiws

Yeah that was a rough scene. Although she more or less seems to get over it in about a day. I've only done a Triss playthrough though. If you choose Yennefer, doesn't Triss just bugger off permanently?
That's annoying too.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

diwdiws

@Dezzy yeah, breaking up with triss was much easier, i think part of that was because yennfer is the canon one so they probably made it more emotional.

diwdiws

diwdiws

Ralizah wrote:

Yah hahaha a friend warned me about. He said you'll feel like the biggest douche for two timing hahahaha.

diwdiws

Ralizah

@NEStalgia True, although I think it mostly comes down to game design. Zelda is easy to start and stop anywhere (seriously, it's pretty much the perfect portable game, isn't it?), whereas Persona expertly funnels players between activities and days so smoothly that you end up playing for way longer than you ever expected to. Same thing happens with Uncharted 2 - 4, actually, although Persona is at least more segmented than those games. It's sort of annoying: any time you stop playing an Uncharted game, you feel like you're interrupting a movie halfway through.

Persona 5 is an unquestionably wonderful experience, though. It's so easy to lose yourself in.

Unless Super Mario Odyssey or Danganronpa V3 are way better than I expect them to be (and I already expect to fully love those games), 2017 isn't going to get better than Breath of the Wild and Persona 5. Actually, I have my doubts that anything this gen will exceed these two masterpieces. It's all downhill from here!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic