Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 5,421 to 5,440 of 16,084

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo Looks like a cutscene.

And yeah, Sony's PS4 Q1 lineup, to beat a dead horse, is fantastic. Probably the best group of games I've ever seen launch close together on one platform.

It's a pity the Switch launched so close to this madness, as I've had very little time to try most of Sony's excellent games this year. Just Gravity Rush 2 and, soon, Persona 5.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Octane

@NEStalgia I haven't played any of the Killzone games, but I'm glad that they found a great balance in HZD, awesome gameplay and great visuals!

Battlefront II will be 'revealed' on April 15. And I believe EA promised a single player campaign in this one. Guess that's something to look forward too then.

Octane

Octane

More good news! CD Projekt Red's upcoming project, the standalone Gwent game, will be playable over the weekend on PS4. I've had a go at it on PC, it's alright, but I'd love to give it another go. I hope they ironed out some kinks, because the original beta on PC felt a bit like a pay-to-win game.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane Nah, not really.

Once you buy/collect those (purple) Shadow weapons - the ones with three modification slots - things become surprisingly easy. There are a couple that tests your memory in terms of enemy placement, but other than that, the Hunter Grounds Trials are pretty straightforward in all honesty.

The overriding trial is by far and away my favourite one though!

In other news, WipEout Omega Collection is due out on the 7th of June for £30/€40/$40:

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Dezzy

Which looks better? Horizon or Uncharted 4? It's a pretty close one.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

diwdiws

@Peek-a-boo have you finished the last mission? That one made me a little emotional. Hahahah

diwdiws

diwdiws

@Dezzy i think detail wise, uncharted looks better such as trees and vegetation. But the fact that a open world game almost looks as good as Uncharted 4 amazes me!

diwdiws

Octane

@Dezzy Horizon is impressive considering it's a open world game, but it doesn't match the level of detail found in Uncharted 4. Just one example; You know how Drake's clothes get dirty when you slide through mud? Well, your gun gets dirty as well, but only the tip and the handle, because the holster protect the middle part. That level of detail is insane.

Octane

Ralizah

Horizon is impressive but, from what I've seen and heard, skips out on the tiny details in games like BotW and Uncharted 4 that make them so charming.

Still, for an open world game, those environments are insanely good looking.

Peek-a-boo

Dezzy wrote:

Which looks better? Horizon or Uncharted 4? It's a pretty close one.

It is hard to define 'better', seeing as one is set in an open world environment whereas the other is (mostly) linear outside of one majestic set-piece in Madagascar and the 'island hopping boat trip' later in the game.

Uncharted 4 is very direct and controlled in its approach, whereas Horizon is free flowing, less restrained and arguably more accessible and approachable to play in comparison to Nathan Drake's curtain call.

Me?

I prefer Horizon Zero Dawn.

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Do you record those GIFs yourself? If so, you're a magician! I was playing a bit of Horizon today, thinking about that GIF you posted yesterday, and although the game looks incredible, those GIFs look even better.

Octane

diwdiws

@Octane try removing the hud! It makes a ton of difference!!

diwdiws

IceClimbers

So with Q1 now over, I gotta say that was an amazing period for gaming. Q2 is starting with a major bang with Persona 5 too.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Dezzy

I don't think it's an exaggeration to suggest it was one of the best quarters in the history of the industry.
Made up for that really boring Christmas.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

AlexSays

Persona 5 is the most stylish game I've ever played.

I have zero idea what the **** is going on, but neither do the main characters so we're all in the same boat.

AlexSays

Ralizah

I love how EVERYTHING is made cool in some way in Persona 5. Every mundane JRPG thing, from menus to dialogue boxes to loading screens, is transformed into an extension of the game's own sense of style. The entire game, on every single level, is so heavily, wonderfully stylized. Imagine Jet Set Radio as a JRPG, and you have basically have this.

I'm roughly three hours in so far. While you still have the loooooong introductory sequence, it's much easier to get through than the one in Persona 4, because it's exciting, integrates a good deal of actual gameplay, and does a great job of introducing the game's themes and mechanics.

Oh, and this game is already surprisingly dark, even this early in. Not the sort of supernatural darkness you got with Persona 3, but a more realistic sense that the world is full of evil people who want to push down and oppress the weak. Themes of self-determination, control, exploitation, abuse, etc. are already very apparent in this title. I know this game is about Japanese people and Japanese society more broadly, but what a weirdly relevant mirror this game is holding up to the West in this time of confusion and division!

It's too bad I can't date guys in this. I've already found a few real cuties. I'd be all over Ryuji if the game let me.

diwdiws

@Ralizah i was 1 hr in then found out that the japanese audio track was available for download and boy does it make the game all the more genuine and enjoyable!

diwdiws

NEStalgia

*looks at wrapped edition, weeps, knowing I won't touch it probably until January at the earliest....

NEStalgia

Peek-a-boo

I'm really pleased to hear that Persona 5 is both a critical darling and a big hit with the fans.

I read that it takes 100+ hours to complete though, and with Breath of the Wild still to play on my Wii U, which is nearly as long as the aforementioned game, I just simply do not have enough time (to play it).

Only played - and completed - Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn and Resident Evil VII so far this year and the combined time for all three is a shy over one hundred hours, and that's an awful lot for me!

It has been a crazy, crazy period of nonstop (good) games.

:EDIT: I was looking at all the known upcoming exclusives for the PlayStation 4, and I made myself feel both excited and gloomy (for my wallet...) at what is still to come out of Sony's stable.

2017:

• Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Knack 2
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Dreams

2018:

• Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human (from the creators of Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain)
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • FromSoftware exclusive (new IP, or a sequel to Bloodborne)
  • God of War
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (expansion/story add-on)
  • Spider-Man
  • WiLD (Michel Ancel's new game)

2019:

• Death Stranding
  • The Last of Us 2
  • Sucker Punch (and their new IP)

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@NEStalgia whispers ...play it...

Although this game will take me months. I just don't play as long on my consoles.

@Peek-a-boo ATLUS JRPGs are often insanely long. Looking at my 3DS activity log (seriously, why isn't this feature on the Switch, Nintendo?!), I see that I clocked 100+ hours in both SMT IV: Apocalypse and Persona Q. That's not including a ton of optional content in those games, either.

@diwdiws I'm pretty happy with the English voice track, but the option for dual audio is nice, and will add some variety to my inevitable New Game Plus playthrough.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic