Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 5,241 to 5,260 of 16,073

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Thanks for the reminder, I'll download it later tonight, probably during dinner or when I'm doing something else.

Octane

CliveWinston

@Gamer83 thanks for the reply it sounds like there's more than enough quality games on PS4 to keep someone satisfied... seeing that Horizon footage made me think I should look into it...that and I got this idea in my head about a year ago that I wanted to assemble the entire WiiU retail library.. so I'm about 110 games in with around 50 to go... been buying garbage games just to fill in the blanks.. rethinking my decision when I could buy something great on PS4 instead of 3 or 4 titles like Just Dance or Disney Planes for WiiU that I'll never play... although I may have gone too far to turn back now...I'm thinking in 25 years a WiiU with every retail game would be worth quite a bit..

CliveWinston

CliveWinston

@Octane appreciate you guys taking the time to fill me in, it sounds like a PS4 is more than a worthwhile investment... only other thing I need to figure out is where to get all the extra money

CliveWinston

Peek-a-boo

@CliveWinston I know that you have been given more than enough recommendations however, I always post this Kotaku article for new owners:

The 12 Best Games for the PlayStation 4

I love my indie games and cannot recommend the likes of ABZÛ, Firewatch, Headlander, Hyper Light Drifter, Inside, Oxenfree, Unravel and The Witness highly enough.

My personal favourite is Bloodborne, but it is quite a challenging game though.

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Ryu_Niiyama

Late to the party but I just picked up Last guardian. It will go in the backlog pile but I kept forgetting to pick it up. Will likely get to it this summer...I hope.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Peek-a-boo

@Octane I think Kotaku was one of the small handful of places that didn't warm to the game.

Their review was quite amusing though, as the person who was asked to review The Last Guardian didn't learn (or paid attention to) the gestures that the boy says to Trico, which helps to solve a particular puzzle early on in the game. I believe the reviewer seemingly got caught out on this and didn't make any kind of reference that it was he who was in the wrong.

"It's the game fault, not mine!" and all that palaver.

p.s. Octane, when art thou will you ponder to begin Bloodborne?

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo When I'm done with Horizon and Zelda! I've played about 60 hours of Zelda and 30 hours of Horizon. Give me another week or two!

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane I need help. But honestly it is so I don't get stuck paying scalpers prices when it goes out of print. I've done that way too much so I try to buy what I plan on playing early. However if it isn't a game that I love or that I think I will love, I'll get it after launch. Believe it or not it is cheaper for me this way. I am trying to not want to play everything but my tastes are very varied so I like a lot of different games. The positive is I usually don't experience game droughts...except with the xbone. The bad thing is I feel like I'm wasting money sometimes. If gaming was my only hobby I wouldn't mind but I'm saving up for two new taiko, and I need a new iaito and a new telescope... Sigh.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Octane

@Ryu_Niiyama I'm sure you can still find a copy of TLG later this year, or even next year! Games don't go that quickly out of print. I'm just saying, since you might save even more money that way, as the price may drop even further. I've decided to not buy any games for my PS4 until I'm done with my current game, and it worked so far (apart from Bloodborne that I got for €20 during a Black Friday deal). No backlog!

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane Oh I know...it varies per game. Usually the niche games I jump on because I have paid through the nose before. But I like your idea. I have a limited amount of system hooked up 4 as opposed to my normal 17 so I have been chipping away at games more. Games like Nioh require me to play in short bursts anyway. My retro backlog is going to require cloning though.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Dezzy

Peek-a-boo wrote:

My personal favourite is Bloodborne, but it is quite a challenging game though.

Untitled

I swear this scene isn't in the actual game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Peek-a-boo

@Dezzy It was shown at Tokyo Games Show in 2014.

The actual scene is in the game, but not the amount of baddies and their crowded placement.

Makes you wish for an even harder mode just to see how far you (cannot) go!

Two years on, and it's still my personal favourite game of this generation so far.

Peek-a-boo

Dezzy

@Peek-a-boo

I'd say it's my 2nd favourite so far this gen.
1.Witcher 3
2.Bloodborne
3.Xenoblade X
4.Uncharted 4
(haven't done enough Zelda yet for that to be considered)
Better than Dark Souls 3 though. And WAYYYY better than Dark Souls 2. About equivalent to Dark Souls 1.

Edited on by Dezzy

Peek-a-boo

Dezzy wrote:

I'd say it's my 2nd favourite so far this gen.

1. The Witcher 3
2. Bloodborne
3. Xenoblade X
4. Uncharted 4

Better than Dark Souls 3 though. And WAAYYY better than Dark Souls 2. About equivalent to Dark Souls 1.

Bloodborne was so good that I didn't play any other games for a shy over five months, from March until August (in 2015), the latter month of which is when I finally got around to buying Splatoon, then Super Mario Maker a few weeks later.

Unfortunately, I don't have much time to play games these days, and it took me exactly three months to go from bumping into Father Gascoigne for the first time to the First Hunter in the light of the blood moon.

Not since Shadow of the Colossus was I so utterly engrossed in a world, and there were times at work where I simply could not wait to leave the classroom and return to Yharnam.

Dark Souls III is a great game, and I much prefer it to Dark Souls II as well as the second half of the original game. I was (very) late to the party with Demon's Souls though, but I still thoroughly enjoyed my time with it.

My preference goes Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls III > Dark Souls II

Oh, and I hope that the second part of the Dark Souls III DLC (The Ringed City) is a vast improvement over the underwhelming first part. To go from The Old Hunters to Ashes of Ariandel was a big disappointment.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Dezzy

@Peek-a-boo

What first hunter is that? Ludwig?

And yes the world in Bloodborne is something very remarkable. Same as the world in Dark Souls 1. Kinda hard to believe they were just designed by some guys in Japan. They feel so real to me.

Peek-a-boo

@Dezzy It would be a spoiler if I openly said the name of the First Hunter!

Gehrman, the old man who spends the vast majority of his time sitting rigidity in his wheelchair.

I would love them to do a sequel, and yet I would also have no qualms if they left Bloodborne as it is.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Dezzy

@Peek-a-boo

Oh right. Silly me. I think Ludwig was the first hunter of one of the other groups then. He was definitely the first something or other. (wiki says he was the first hunter of the healing church, I don't pay enough attention to the lore to know what that means)

I'd love a sequel too but I doubt it because of the licensing issues. It was a Sony property so they'd have to keep it Sony-exclusive. Which I doubt Sony would bother paying for at this point, as they don't need to.

I actually did that workaround so that the normal final boss isn't the real final boss though. You know the one that allows you to use his scythe weapon without waiting for New Game+.

In other news, the PS4 version of DQ11 is looking incredible:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic