Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 4,841 to 4,860 of 16,083

Ralizah

Peek-a-boo wrote:

At least we'll get an option to choose between a portable and a home console this time, so... everybody wins!

This really points to the conceptual brilliance of the Switch.

Incidentally, I'm the opposite: I find playing RPGs on home consoles, where I'm chained to one spot the entire time, to be inconvenient. I'll still do it if I'm excited for the game in question (nothing could keep me away from playing Persona 5), but, more often than not, such RPGs just don't get played as often, because if I have the option of playing a handheld wherever I am or making a special pilgrimage to the game room to play something, 9 times out of 10 I'm going to opt for the handheld.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

LzWinky

I wonder how the Sony faithful would respond to Switch getting Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Persona, etc.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

TheLZdragon wrote:

I wonder how the Sony faithful would respond to Switch getting Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Persona, etc.

Probably the same way they responded to the XBOne getting KH, FF, and the like: the hardest of the hardcore would have an aneurism because a big company wants more money and actively seeks to put their product in the hands of more customers, while the rest just shrug and move on, provided they're still able to play them on their console of choice.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

TheLZdragon wrote:

How would Nintendo fans react if Bayonetta 3 was a multiplat game? A handful of them will complain, but most people won't really care.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

TheLZdragon wrote:

Shrug their shoulders and get on with their lives?

I am not sure what point you're trying to make, if any.

I would personally buy the one with the best visuals and performance; the portability factor of the Nintendo Switch is of little to no consequence to me. Playing lengthy RPGs on a handheld device simply isn't for me.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

TheLZdragon wrote:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an ***hole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Final Fantasy XIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Lest we forget. This will never be something that rational people should even want to comprehend. But yeah there's just something about Square Enix's games and their so-called 'home' on PlayStation. Same thing happened with Rise of the Tomb Raider too, albeit that was a shady scummy move to artificially delay the other releases just for money. But just releasing games on multiple systems like what should be industry standard?

Quite an insane amount of emotional attachment for people to be up-in-arms about that.

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

The final box art for Nioh looks GREAT!

Untitled

I'm pretty sure I will end up buying this on day one.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

Looks great indeed, and so does the gameplay, but unfortunately it will arrive at a time when there's too many games to play. I really need to prioritise the Q1 games I'm going to buy. My wishlist is too long at this point.

Octane

Ralizah

Yeah, Q1 2017 is too busy for me to pay any attention to Nioh, unfortunately.

Dezzy

TheLZdragon wrote:

I really don't think many people fall into those camps of console faithful. I've certainly never met many.
I've gone from NES->SNES->PS1->PS2->Wii/Xbox360->Wii U->PS4. No consistency at all. Just seemed to be the best consoles at the time.
The only legitimate cause for annoyance is when a game was advertised or seemed to be an exclusive but then later switched. Then you have a legitimate reason to be annoyed, cos it might have contributed to your reason to get that console in the first place.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ryu_Niiyama

@Peek-a-boo You and me both. I'm a die hard Onimusha fan so I screamed like I was 5 when they announced Nioh. All the game play and trailers I've seen look great!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

Then you have a legitimate reason to be annoyed, cos it might have contributed to your reason to get that console in the first place.

Bingo. That's when I've seen the most complaining, and I've fallen victim to that plenty o' times. Heck, the worst is when you bought a game for a system, that game gets delayed, and then it switches completely to a different system.

Or cancels completely. Or happens twice in a row, and just wasn't good in the first place.

@Ryu_Niiyama Does Nioh have some Onimusha devs working on it?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryu_Niiyama

@CanisWolfred No, but the game director, Fumihiko Yasuda stated that Onimusha was one of the influnences/inspirations and I think it shows. Enough at least that I very much plan on getting Nioh day 1.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

CanisWolfred

@Ryu_Niiyama Got my hopes up, dangit. Anyways, gameplay-wise, it looks too much like Dark Souls mixed with Japanese horror movies for my tastes, so as much as I want to support the dev (Ninja Gaiden is fantastic, but more do to its focus on acrobatics, so even when you're dying it looks impressive), I'm probably gonna pass on it. It's just too ugly and creepy for my tastes. I've said the same thing about Bloodborne, and I think that, ultimately, good gamepaly just doesn't make up for bad aesthetics and uncomfortable themes when there are tons of better options in those categories that are still fun to play.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryu_Niiyama

@CanisWolfred Hmm. Sorry about that. However, I'm a tad confused by your objection if you were hoping for former onimusha dev input. Onimusha pulls from Japanese horror and mythology as well and the first three are pretty much resident evil: nobunaga yoakai edition. Not knocking why you are passing it...but just curious given that Nioh and Onimusha still look to have very similar visual cues.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Octane

@Peek-a-boo You're going to download it? Let me know what it's like. I'm trying to avoid any spoilers until release.

Octane

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo Cool. Definitely downloading it ASAP. I like the unique approach in this demo: "There are two paths through this demo – one for those who are new to Gravity Rush, and another for those that are more familiar with Kat’s powers – so no matter your level of gravity-defying experience please be sure to give it a shot!"

More exciting news from that post:

"First and foremost, we have an original anime production ‘Gravity Rush Overture’ created by the famed anime studio Studio Khara that bridges the gap in story that takes place between Gravity Rush and Gravity Rush 2. I’m happy to announce today that the anime will be available for all to see on YouTube starting on December 26 at 8:00 AM Pacific."

YES

Edited on by Ralizah

TuVictus

With work ending after today until January 9th I'm hoping to get through the last guardian and fully engross myself in it. I think that's a game that needs to be soaked in, in a relatively short time span instead of a few hours a week after work and before bed to get the emotional impact. I'm hoping I love it

TuVictus

Octane

@Ralizah Sooner than I expected! That's definitely something I need to watch next week.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic