Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 4,521 to 4,540 of 16,083

Octane

Four weeks left. Words cannot describe how much I'm looking forward to TLG.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Just so we're clear: Dark Rose Valkyrie has nothing to do with Valkyrie Profile, nor is it the latest entry in the Valkyria series. Just in case the big "Compile Hearts" logo slapped on the front didn't already dash any hopes that there might be a good game in there somewhere.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

@Shinion It's odd to think that I died lots and lots of times against the likes of Vordt of the Boreal Valley, Abyss Watchers, the Old Demon King (although he is an optional boss) and Pontiff Sulyvahn.

Aldrich and Dancer saw me (patiently) duelling against them a couple of times before they were eventually defeated however, the trio of the Prince, Nameless King and the last boss, Soul of Cinder?

They all died on my first attempt!

Funny, isn't it? Everybody have wildly different experiences with the bosses across the Dark Souls series.

A shame that the new DLC, Ashes of Ariandel, was rather forgettable though...

Peek-a-boo

Gamer83

@Tasuki
Pretty much the same boat I'm in. Want a PS4 Pro but with the Project Scorpio still yet to be fully detailed, I'm going to wait and see what that's all about.

Gamer83

shingi_70

I'm curious about the PS4 Pro not having a PS4, but with switch and Scorpio on the horizon I can't see myself buying one.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Tasuki

@Gamer83 Right and the fact that I don't have an Xbox One getting the Scorpio is much more higher on my list then a upgrade of a system I own.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Peek-a-boo

Got the platinum trophy in Ratchet & Clank today. It wasn't too difficult outside of the two hoverboard races whereby you need to beat the 'world record', which admittedly took numerous attempts!

Onwards to Uncharted 4 on crushing mode to get the remaining two trophies (hard and crushing are thankfully stacked), although I can already foresee some areas to be a source of considerable frustration...

I really wish that Bloodborne would be given the Pro treatment after playing Ratchet & Clank and The Last of Us, both of which have been given a pretty drastic overhaul, and far more so than I anticipated too.

My OG PlayStation 4 was quite noisy sometimes, mostly when you're playing graphically intensive games however, the Pro has been surprisingly quiet so far. The only noise I hear is the spinning of a disc whirring away for the first 4 or 5 seconds, and the system itself doesn't produce anywhere near as much heat either.

I got the NES Classic two days ago, and it hasn't even had a look in yet!

I had a wander around in Uncharted 4 earlier, and I still think it is the visual benchmark to beat:

Untitled

Looks like a (real) photo to me!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

Show me a PC game that looks better than Uncharted 4 and I'll show you some empty, empty rooms.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

Uncharted 4 and Ratchet & Clank are the best looking games on the console I've played.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
I have one. The first time I tried my PSVR, I couldn't stop screaming out how amazing it was... and that was while I was still in the main menu. It's truly something to behold. Now, I have adjusted, and it no longer provides that initial wow factor that it did those first few days but it's still an incredible experience. It's not something I want to play every day or all the time but it is nice to play once in a while. Sometimes you're in the mood to play some VR you just put on the visor, stick your Bose earbuds in and have at it. I keep it next to my recliner hooked up so I can just reach down and grab it whenever I want to play. It's 1080p but it split between both eyes so it makes the resolution look... sub-HD. But nowhere else can you jump into the VR for $400 (well, $500 cause you're gonna need the camera for everything, doesn't work without it, and the Move controllers are needed for roughly half the games).

If you already own a PS4 and can afford it I can personally attest to how amazing it is. But know what you're getting into. There isn't a whole lot of support right now, the resolution appears a tad blurry (it's just the fact that the image must be split for each eye, and the fact it's so close to your face... we won't have VR that appears 1080p until next generation when we have enough power for 1080p x2 for each eye,, and perhaps the generation after that we'll see an 8K screen split between 2 eyes for a 4K+ resolution).

@Gamer83 @Tasuki
I agree. Buying a system that offers new games you can't currently play far exceeds priority of a graphical upgrade. If I had to choose, I'd go with a console I don't own every time. Even if that system ends up with only a dozen extra games you'd play, that's still a dozen top-choice games more than an upgrade would bring you.

That said, I did upgrade... because I can and because I just wanted to tbh. As a PSVR owner, anything that can help the graphical display was on my radar (even if the resolution is set in stone by the limitations of the visor) and once I got the Pro, I figured why not take advantage and get a 4KTV as well. Found a deal for a 55" 4KTV with HDR10 support and excellent blacks from a VA panel, all for $499. It's not a high end TV, but it looks great and it gets the job done. I can't believe how much more clarity it brings to the table. My brother had always told me it will make 1080p look blurry once you experience 4K, and I always doubted that until I actually tried it for myself. He was right.

In the end, was it worth $400 to upgrade? Eh, Idk. But I do love it and I feel like my eyes are finally open to the benefits of 2160p. It almost feels like the jump from SD to high definition all over again.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Peek-a-boo

@JaxonH Seems like you and me are the only two who have a PlayStation 4 Pro on here as well as having tried a PlayStation VR, the latter of which is genuinely brilliant if you play the right games (Rez Infinite and RIGS springs to mind).

I don't seem to be quite as fussed as some folks are in regards to the lower resolution; the experience is so immersive that you forget about the lack of technical bobbins whilst playing the games in virtual reality.

I'm happy to wait it out until the next generation in 2019/2020 before I buy a new television, and at a time when OLED sets will be more affordable and once they have ironed out some the banding issues too.

Playing games that are down-sampled from 4K to 1080p on my television is really impressive. The clarity and clearness of the image is superb. I would be more than happy going the way of having a pinsharp image from my PlayStation 4 Pro for the next three or four years.

It's been a good year for PlayStation.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Thanks for letting me know! I am glad to hear that it is an enjoyable experience. I sometimes like to live vicariously through others for tech that requires stereoscopic vision (lol cyclops over here). I have a buddy that I get to describe the 3ds 3d to me from time to time as well. I do wonder with all the upfront cost if this will end up being a fad or if VR has finally become the future of gaming after so many starts and stops. I still feel like it will remain niche for some time as so many people have SOME sort of vision issue that can diminish the experience but still I love to hear about tech moving forward. Still waiting on the holodeck over here.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CanisWolfred

Titanfall 2 sale at Walmart, 50% off. I'm gonna post it over in the Xbox One thread, too. Funny, I was planning on using some store credit I got over at a retro store for it, but the guy told me about the sale. Except it didn't seem to start until today, unless it was a glich before. I also bought R&C for the PS4 to get the extra shipping, and I got refunded $6 because of a pricing mistake by the time I went and picked it up...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grumblevolcano

Persona 5 delayed again, this time to April 4th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Persona 5 delayed again, this time to April 4th.

What? Nooooo!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

I didn't imagine the mention of an Uncharted 4 single player DLC did I?

We haven't heard much about it.

Never got round to playing the Last of Us DLC actually. Might go and do that.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Peek-a-boo

@Dezzy Wait until the PlayStation Experience in December, as Naughty Dog will be there to show 'the future of Uncharted'; in other words, the co-op mode and the single player story add-on for Uncharted 4.

As for the DLC for The Last of Us, it is amazing! It's short, but very, very sweet.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

#DelayStation

No, but seriously, what game hasn't been delayed this generation? It's up to the point where I don't expect a game to hit its original release anymore. When I see ''2017'' at the end of a trailer, I know it's just a typo and they actually meant ''2018'', or ''2057'' in most cases..

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic