Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 4,001 to 4,020 of 16,083

LzWinky

I see no value in the Pro. It seems to be too ahead of its time to matter, but Sony is really good at blowing smoke so it'll sell regardless.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

Fan [clap] Boy [clap] Salt [clap]

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

DefHalan

@Octane I may not even get any system, I am just pointing out that Sony didn't really do a good job at showing the reason why the Pro exist.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MrGawain

To me it seems like an update for updating's sake. We know (and should be happy) that it won't have exclusive games apart from the original PS4 and the graphical improvement is only for 4KTV owners.

I've been disappointed with my PS4, but more because of a limited amount of games I want to play, not because it's limited tech. I betting these new SKU's won't make that many more new customers pick up a PS4 than the old one, and it relys on the most committed of PS4 fans to buy the high end one.

To me this suggests the PS4 will not sell 100m consoles as they're having to come up with half solutions to sell more consoles when what they really need is a more diverse game library.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

DefHalan

-SD- wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

@Octane Have their been any images released to compare PS4 vs Pro?

Polygon has a few pics.

I guess that is my fault, I didn't specify games.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CanisWolfred

DefHalan wrote:

@Octane I don't think it will be quiet noticeable.
Untitled
I am defiantly in the white area here.

Same. I got a 42" TV, but it's at least 7' away from where I sit (give or take a couple inches). I'll kep that in mind if I ever need a new one in 5 or so years, though...

I said useful, man. That's not a news site, it's an opinion blog. Always has been.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamer83

@Octane
Horizon seems awesome, for sure. Guerilla has always made great looking games and aside from Killzone 1 (which was limited by PS2) and Killzone Shadow Fall, most of the games have been fun to play. The problem is the stories suck. Story isn't the most important part but it can help a game along and it seems like there's massive potential there for Horizon. I hope Guerilla doesn't blow it.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

LzWinky

Is there a graph by eyesight too?

I'm roughly 20/200 without glasses

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IceClimbers

Spidey's suit looks so good close up.

Untitled

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

LzWinky

Ooh, with 4K, can I see dirt particles? I've always dreamed of seeing dirt!

Haru17

@Lzeon It's 3D and very complex. You probably wouldn't be able to decipher it with your eyesight.

LzWinky

Haru17 wrote:

@Lzeon It's 3D and very complex. You probably wouldn't be able to decipher it with your eyesight.

Too much resolution! My eyes are burning!

Octane

Gamer83 wrote:

Octane
Horizon seems awesome, for sure. Guerilla has always made great looking games and aside from Killzone 1 (which was limited by PS2) and Killzone Shadow Fall, most of the games have been fun to play. The problem is the stories suck. Story isn't the most important part but it can help a game along and it seems like there's massive potential there for Horizon. I hope Guerilla doesn't blow it.

Guerilla Games did hire people that used to work at Bethesda and CD Projekt Red to help with the writing. I guess that can go either way, we'll see. At least they made an effort to improve a potential mediocre story.

GameInformer released a bunch of info recently and I liked what I read. There's three skill trees that you can put point into; Stealth, power and resource gathering. There's looting enemies for items to modify weapons. Lot's of side-quests like hunting down specific large enemies, but they also said that they won't be as elaborate as quests in The Witcher. Still, it's high on my radar and I'm definitely getting it.

Octane

Haru17

Apparently the Dishonored 2 pre-order instantly unlocks the first game whenever you order it, not upon launch. That's very cool, and I'm totally not a Bethesda surrogate.

FX102A

As a non current but likely future PS4 owner, I am thinking of going Pro when the time comes. I probably will get a 4K TV in the future and may as well make the most of it.

I think I may also have read somewhere that some VR games may require the Neo's (I prefer that name and am sticking to it) extra horsepower to ensure full visuals at 60fps. As one of the few PS4 exclusives I'm actually interested in is Ace Combat 7 has VR support I wonder if I may need the Pro to get the "full VR experience".

I will say it is cheaper than I expected; I was thinking of PS3 launch price territory.

FX102A

Octane

@FX102A You don't need the Pro for VR, but just like any other game, it enhances the visuals, framerate and/or resolution. Especially the latter two are important for VR, so obviously you're getting the most out of the PSVR experience if you get the Pro.

Octane

FX102A

@Octane I basically want the best experience possible for AC7 VR and if that's an extra £100 then so be it.

Probably the biggest negative is the lack of a 4K Blu Ray player. Quite a surprise. So far the best reasons I've read for this is to keep console costs down (I believe the removal of PS2 emulation from the PS3 helped drop the price) and Sony's desire to push digital movies.

I'm sure Battle Garrega will play equally fine on both models.

Edited on by FX102A

FX102A

Octane

@FX102A The Pro also comes with a 1TB HDD, and the Slim has only 500GB. The 1TB Slim will probably be around 349. In that case, it's just a difference of 50 bucks. Don't know why anyone wouldn't go for the Pro at that price.

Lack of 4K Blu-ray player is indeed a bit of a bummer. But on the other hand, I don't know anyone who still buys their films on disc, and the only time I use my PS4 to watch films, they are always digital. Besides, if it's keeping the cost down, then I can see why they didn't include it. After all, it's a gaming console, not a Blu-ray player. Nobody cares when a Nintendo console can't even play DVDs or Blu-rays, but this is an issue suddenly. Digital 4K media is still possible, so it shouldn't be a huge issue in the end.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic