Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,961 to 3,980 of 16,083

Haru17

@IceClimbers I'm much more worried about Miyamoto appearing on Apple's stage than I am boring console iterations, though.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

It was a PlayStation meeting, what did you guys expect? Especially with TGS next week. This was mainly a hardware event; just to get the right message out to the press.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

That was dull. I actually almost fell asleep due to Cerny's softly spoken voice.

The lack of Bloodborne or some of the older first party games not receiving any kind of 'Pro' boost is rather disappointing.

The price is the only good thing, as I genuinely thought it would go above $399/€399.

Demonstrating HDR and 4K on a mixed quality YouTube stream was never going to make anybody sit up and go 'wow!'

Also, I cannot believe the PlayStation 4 Pro is using the same cheap-looking materials that the slim model has; I thought this was supposed to be a premium console with a premium design?

The iPhone 7 Jet Black is what I call a premium product with a premium design!

I thoroughly hope there's a pack-in game with the PlayStation 4 slim, as the Xbox One S, which is also a 4K + HDR Blu-ray player, has a digital copy of FIFA 2016 included for $299/€299.

This little event wasn't Sony's finest hour.

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

Octane wrote:

It was a PlayStation meeting, what did you guys expect? Especially with TGS next week. This was mainly a hardware event; just to get the right message out to the press.

They livestreamed it to the public.

Moreover, I expected them to try to win—as companies are want to do. Nintendo has zero reason to be worried about NX. It's almost as if Sony intentionally hit a softball so Nintendo wouldn't go completely broke.

DefHalan

Octane wrote:

and that message was, "No need to get the PS4 Pro as your PS4 can do everything the Pro can."

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

DefHalan wrote:

Octane wrote:

and that message was, "No need to get the PS4 Pro as your PS4 can do everything the Pro can."

What else did you want them to say? That's what the PS4 Pro is supposed to do. I've said it before, but they're not splitting their userbase, so keeping everyone happy is in their best interest. The idea is simple, if you want better visuals, get the Pro. If you're a newcomer, might as well get the Pro since that the same price as the PS4 launch price. Don't mind the better visuals? Get the Slim. These aren't new consoles, just hardware revisions.

Octane

DefHalan

Octane wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Octane wrote:

What else did you want them to say? That's what the PS4 Pro is supposed to do. I've said it before, but they're not splitting their userbase, so keeping everyone happy is in their best interest. The idea is simple, if you want better visuals, get the Pro. If you're a newcomer, might as well get the Pro since that the same price as the PS4 launch price. Don't mind the better visuals? Get the Slim. These aren't new consoles, just hardware revisions.

"Better visuals" I didn't really see anything that made me go, "wow, those are some better visuals." I am not really seeing a place for Pro. It may run things a bit better but how important is that when most of the time it isn't the system's fault for the poor performance.

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano The top point, '4K streaming and Blu-ray' is spot on.

The rest not so much; all PlayStation 4 consoles, even the original, will have HDR gaming; Xbox One has good games, not the 'greatest' and the Xbox One S is now 30% bigger in volume than the new slim PlayStation 4.

I like some of Microsofts PC and Surface adverts however, that one misses the point and seems a bit desperate too. You don't see Sony doing this kind of stuff on Twitter, do you?

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

@DefHalan You didn't say 'wow!' because we were all watching the games on an internet stream like YouTube!

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@DefHalan You were watching a stream on a (if I had to guess) 1080p screen (assuming the stream itself was set to HD and not SD). Of course it's not going to look much better. However if you could compare them side by side on a 4K TV? The difference would be quite noticeable.

Octane

Haru17

@Octane Thing is, Sony purposefully didn't compare them side-by-side. They wanted to avoid leaving all of us PS4 owners out in the cold and creating controversy. I guess being hella boring accomplished that.

Octane

@Haru17 I believe they did. I recall seeing some transitions between the PS4 version and the Pro version.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Oh, so PS4 Pro is just what they're calling the Neo now? That's...infinitely more dull. [sub]also, you guys could've at least mentioned that or posted a link. Not all of us have a useful source for Playstation news, and the official PS Blog is slow to update during these conference things...luckily I always got Gematsu...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

@Octane I don't think it will be quiet noticeable.
Untitled
I am defiantly in the white area here.

[Edit]
according to this picture
Untitled
I probably am not getting full visuals out of my current TV set up lol

Edited on by DefHalan

DefHalan

@Tsurii I am actually more interested in getting a PS4 (Not Slim or Pro) now since I can probably get one for about $200, maybe? and it will play all the same games and support HDR (or whatever that is called lol)

Edited on by DefHalan

Peek-a-boo

@BiasedSonyFan Yeah, seeing Mario at the Apple conference was great. It got the biggest cheer too!

Here's some high-res photos of the PlayStation 4 Pro:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@BiasedSonyFan If you're going to buy a new TV this year, it's likely going to be a 4K TV anyway. So if you're buying a new PS4, and you know you're going to get a new TV in the next 12 months, might as well get the NEO if you don't mind spending $100 more. Also, you're assuming that the resolution is the only thing that is improved. Some games sport a better framerate or improved details too.

Anyway, I'm not going to defend the existence of this system all night. If you don't like it, don't buy it. You don't have to.

Octane

Haru17

Octane wrote:

I believe they did. I recall seeing some transitions between the PS4 version and the Pro version.

That's still not side-by-side

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic