Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,861 to 3,880 of 16,083

Peek-a-boo

Um, did you say chicken and waffles? Together?

Must be an American thing ... 🇺🇸

Peek-a-boo

IceClimbers

That's definitely not a west coast thing either (though not unheard of).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CanisWolfred

@Octane @Peek-a-boo @IceClimbers

I'd say I'm surprised you guys haven't heard of it, but the fad only cropped up around the northeast (US) a few years ago. I don't know if it's completely new, or a southern thing that took off, but it's pretty good. It's kind of like having a chicken sandwhich, only with waffles instead of bread. I didn't have a syrup with it, though. Mostly because I don't have any syrup. If I did, I totally would've slathered that on. Chicken tastes pretty good with something sweet (heck, honey-barbaque sauce is proof enough of that).

At the very least, I could probably say the same about malt vinegar & chips, despite experiencing it myself. And much like Malt Vinegar, it's kind of pointless (just makes the bread part more filling, and you have to cook the waffles, esp. if they frozen), covers up the taste of the chicken, and if you want the chicken to taste sweeter, you have an abundance of choices that are readily available in most grocers and eateries.

So yeah, I fully expect it to be a fad. But I'm going to enjoy it as long as it lasts!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

It's a common restaurant item here in Tennessee, although it appears to have gotten its start in Pennsylvania.

http://www.pbs.org/food/the-history-kitchen/history-chicken-a...

"The earliest American chicken and waffle combination appears in Pennsylvania Dutch country during the 1600’s, when home cooks made waffles and topped them with pulled chicken and gravy."

I wouldn't put gravy on it, though. It needs syrup. Maple, preferably. Fried chicken tastes wonderful with waffles and maple syrup.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haru17

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Um, did you say chicken and waffles? Together?

Must be an American thing ... 🇺🇸

Try a southern thing. Different country. (I kind of like it tho. The restaurant near my Washington state home fries the chicken without drowning it in grease, and their waffles are sweet.)

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

DefHalan

In the Los Angeles area has that too http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Haru17

Well, everywhere has everything thanks to globalization. The true measure is where a dish pops up in local, non-franchised restaurants.

IceClimbers

They even have a flavor of Lay's:

Untitled

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Peek-a-boo

Only just woken up here in Great Britain this morning to find out that chicken and waffles is actually a thing!

One part of me is curious, the other is still slightly mortified...

Another thing; why is Walker's crisps called Lay's in America, and vice versa? I do not get that.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

Well, you learn something new everyday I guess.. Not sure what to think of that combo.. haha

@Peek-a-boo I think that's more of a UK problem; it's called Lay's in mainland Europe too

Octane

Haru17

Aww, look at us! All international and such. It almost makes me want to post one of those Earth Day pictures with everyone holding hands standing on a globe. Then make jokes about it with my cold, dead, cynic's heart.

Grumblevolcano

Gran Turismo Sport is delayed to 2017.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Another game delayed. Won't really affect me, but it's one game less this year. Hopefully that means some more sales for TLG and GR2

Octane

WebHead

@Octane plus right decision not gonna lie game sounded like it was being rushed.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

@WebHead Probably to launch alongside PSVR; Good thing they decided to delay the game if it was indeed rushed.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Yeah, you can't really afford to rush games which have VR options.

I kind of expect we'll see lots of articles about PSVR motion sickness after PSVR launch. It'll probably end up like the 3DS 3D effect situation again.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

safe to say GT Sport likeky wont be out before march. probably april.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

I feel that delays become so common that it's better to expect the game coming at least a year later than the release date that was initially promised.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic