Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,541 to 3,560 of 16,083

Grumblevolcano

Great news for PS4 Tomb Raider fans. Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4 comes will all the XB1 content (base game and all DLC) and more on disc so no season pass. In addition, PSVR support if you're into the VR hype.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

Great news! It was a controversial move, but I think moving the series to the PS4 was the right idea. The sequel looks absolutely spectacular.

I'm worried about its sales, too, considering Sony doesn't seem to want to give the franchise the exposure it would need to really shine, but I'm glad I don't have to wait until 2017 to play this. I usually wait until Christmas to play December games, but I think I'll be jumping on this one at launch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah Is this supposed to make sense?

It was a controversial move, but I think moving the series to the PS4 was the right idea.

You mean moving the series to the Xbox One? A series that was primarily 'home' on PlayStation throughout the PSone and PS2 years?

I thought it was a terrible move; all that money Microsoft paid to keep the game off the PlayStation 4 for a year could have kept Lionhead Studios open, or allow smaller studios to go through their IP's and 'have a go'.

It looks like they are putting the effort into this 20th Anniversary edition, which is great to see however, their blog post on the PlayStation website that used the two words 'our fans' over and over again made me think, 'yeah right...'.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I think he was talking about Gravity Rush. There's more potential for that franchise on the PS4 than the Vita. Vita owners kinda got screwed over, but it was that or a certain death for the franchise. At least there's ''some'' hope left now..

Octane

Haru17

@Peek-a-boo She's clearly talking about Gravity Rush 2. Turn down the console wars just a bit.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

@Octane You can tell by the mentioning of December, Rise of the Tomb Raider releases on PS4 October 11th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

Oh, many apologies!

The post was sitting right below the Tomb Raider news.

@Haru17 'Turn down the console wars a bit'? I suppose you think paying lots of money for a game to stay off a console for a year was good news then?

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

Sony also pays for games to be exclusive to their box. Nothing as high profile as Tomb Raider recently, but they play by the same rules.

Peek-a-boo

I was only talking about Tomb Raider. There's no need for you to bring other distractions into play, let alone say 'turn down the console wars' nonsense.

I had no qualms when Microsoft helped out with developing/funding Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall, or Sony for helping out and funding Street Fighter V, but to pay out a lot of money for exclusivities sake, and halt a game coming out on another system - for a whole year - is just about as low as you can go.

In any case, here's the trailer for Tomb Raider:

The ending is pretty amusing!

The box art looks too familiar though...

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

Oops! I was so involved in the Gravity Rush discussion that I didn't even specify what I was talking about. Sorry, my bad.

Regarding Tomb Raider, I'm glad SE is making an effort to address the fact that PS4 owners are getting the game a year late. I like this, as it effectively makes the PS4 release a GOTY edition by default.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Peek-a-boo The resemblance is uncanny... At least SE tells you that their game is part of over 75 ''Best of'' lists

Octane

CanisWolfred

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Haru17 'Turn down the console wars a bit'? I suppose you think paying lots of money for a game to stay off a console for a year was good news then?

Yes. Because now we PS4 owners get the full game, while Xboners got price-gouged for DLC. Plus, it was only a year, instead of fully exclusive. Good things come to those who wait, and in the case of timed exclusives, they're already guaranteeing that the wait won't be long.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

So Neverwinter came out yesterday on the PS4 and it's free. I have to admit as a long time DnD player I have been wanting to play it for awhile now. So far I am enjoying it. It feels alot like World of Warcraft but with DnD backdrop which I am loving.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Haru17

@Peek-a-boo Good point. Street Fighter 5 was worse than this.

Tasuki

Anyone around here playing Neverwinter? For a F2P game it is quite good and the D&D licensing is used really good as well. So far I have put in about 10 hours already and can see me putting alot more in.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

-Green-

I can't wait for No Man's Sky to come out!
I've been avoiding any Spoilers on it, and it's only two weeks away now. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

LzWinky

I just finished Limbo. It was fantastic. I plan to play Gravity Rush next.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Octane

@Lzeon Gravity Rush is a good one. The story has a very Okami-esque feel to it; there's a lot going not, not a lot of things get explained, but it's still good. I do hope the sequel reveals a bit more of the lore though.

On a completely different note; Hyper Light Drifter is coming out tomorrow!

Octane

6ch6ris6

@-Red- i'll will get it for pc if it gets good reviews. seems like a cool game for some relaxed exploration

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic