Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 16,084

CanisWolfred

-Red- wrote:

@CanisWolfred No, but I played 1 on the PSP a long time ago.

Oh, hey, Size Matters. I remember that one. I always wished they'd make another portable entry like that one, especially for the Vita. Instead it just got some tower-defense spin-off...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

I went to a Walmart once. The vitas were shoved in a corner and all the games were on close out. Very sad state of affairs

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ralizah

@Lzeon Vita has basically no retail presence at all anymore. Which is fine. Vita is niche enough that it has become something of an enthusiast console: a product owned primarily by people who understand and appreciate gamer culture and probably don't buy games from Wal-Mart anyway.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

LzWinky

Fine? It looks really bad when the Wii U has a much bigger presence. But on that note, I doubt that matters to most Vita owners

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ralizah

Lzeon wrote:

Fine? It looks really bad when the Wii U has a much bigger presence. But on that note, I doubt that matters to most Vita owners

The ship has already sailed with regard to Vita being able to recover. Sony abandoned it a while back, but the machine is a kept alive by a steady influx of third-party Japanese localizations and indie games. Almost anybody who still owns and plays a Vita at this point isn't likely going to Walmart to buy games anyway.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

LzWinky

Unless they're in the middle of nowhere

Peek-a-boo

Just finished DOOM, which is one of my five favourite games released this year along with Firewatch, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4 and The Witness (I still haven't finished Dark Souls III, but I am sure that that shall eventually join the group too!).

Now, I am moving onto Gravity Rush Remastered. I already completed it on the PS Vita however, it feels like replaying a whole new game with the cleaner visuals, greater distance clarity and a rock solid 60fps that has you flying Kat around with ease.

:EDIT: I don't normally play games at this time of the year, as it is summer time, but my love for games has been rekindled since the beginning of this year.

ABZU is out very soon, along with Bound a week later and No Man's Sky the following week.

This really is the year of the PlayStation!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

LzWinky

I also bought a PS TV bundle for $30. The Walmart here was apparently desperate to get rid of it

Octane

@Peek-a-boo Don't forget about Hyper Light Drifter

I'm still not sold on Bound, the trailer had my interest, but I still have no clue what the game is about.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane Funny how we corrected each other at different times... Yes, and Hyper Light Drifter, which I believe is finally available to download on Wednesday the 27th of July, hooray!

I like those abstract artistic games like Unfinished Swan, Tokyo Jungle, Papa and Yo and Flower, which is why I am looking forward to seeing how Bound turns out. I am not sure what it is all about, but I do know that I like the look of it.

Peek-a-boo

Tasuki

Lzeon wrote:

I also bought a PS TV bundle for $30. The Walmart here was apparently desperate to get rid of it

I actually get alot of use out of my PS TV. I like being able to play Vita games on the big screen. I am thinking od picking up Adventures of Mana.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Octane

Perfect timing. December was starting to look like an emtpy month, but not anymore.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This looks absolutely AMAZING!

It will be my 'Christmas Day' game though.

I love waking up to play games that suits Christmas, like Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker two Christmases before and Yoshi's Woolly World last Christmas.

Also, South Park: The Fractured but Whole shall be available to play in December too so, what is usually an empty month is now looking more and more appealing by the day.

Here's the line-up for the next five months:

August - ABZÛ, Bound, The King of Fighters XIV and No Man's Sky
September - Final Fantasy XV and Dragon Quest Builders
October - The Last Guardian, Nioh and World of Final Fantasy
November - Gran Turismo Sport
December - Gravity Rush 2

Along with the PSVR and potentially the PS4K or 'Neo' somewhere in between.

There's no denying that the last three or four months of the year for the PlayStation 4, exclusives wise, has been quite unremarkable in recent years however, that line-up above is mindbogglingly good (and scary for my wallet!).

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

Final Fantasy 15 is also on Xbox and Playstation VR was dated for October 13th. I don't think they would launch Neo against that. Anyway, Gravity Rush 2 is the best completely-positive story in gaming right now. Along with being the biggest, "Hey, Nintendo, you left some Mario Galaxy on the table. Let me get that for you." on Playstation's behalf.

The anime is a great idea. That's really the only way they could resolve / establish the first game while still allowing the second game to be its own unique, complete story. I am a little disappointed that they put the game in December, though. That shows they have no confidence / hope in it sales-wise, and will probably end the series.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Peek-a-boo No doubt PSVR will bring some games to PS4 as well. I know that GNOG is held back to launch along with PSVR, but it will also come to PS4 on the same day.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Haru17 I added Final Fanatsy XV at the last minute as it is a very long time coming, and given that Final Fantasy Type-0 sold over 80% of copies on the PlayStation 4, it is safe to say that the Final Fantasy series is primarily 'home' to PlayStation (and Nintendo to a lesser extent).

And Gravity Rush 2 has all of December to itself. I doubt it will trouble the likes of Call of Duty, FIFA and Battlefield 1 however, I am thankful that it hasn't been delayed to 2017.

@Octane GNOG looks great. In fact, all Double Fine games look great!

I think I will skip the PSVR and 'Neo' until next year. As appealing as they both seem, I would rather take a 'wait and see' approach to both new systems.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

All of December and none of Black Friday leaves Gravity Rush a poor, poor boy.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

LzWinky

Tasuki wrote:

Lzeon wrote:

I actually get alot of use out of my PS TV. I like being able to play Vita games on the big screen. I am thinking od picking up Adventures of Mana.

There are actually some Vita games I wanna play like Danganronpa and certain PSP titles

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I'm going to wait too. I want to see what Nintendo is going to do with the NX as well. I don't have a 4K TV yet, so I wonder how much use a PS4 NEO will be, and I still think €400 is a bit too much for PSVR. I know VR is expensive, but that's €100 more than I paid for the PS4 itself.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic