Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,341 to 3,360 of 16,082

Ralizah

More info on FFXII Remastered:

"Dubbed Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, this new version will be based on the International Zodiac Job System Japanese Ps2 re-release. [...]

Among the several improvements, the International version has a fast forward button, class based License boards instead of a single generic one, manaless Quickenings; and controllable Espers and guest characters.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age is expected to be released coming 2017."

Source: http://nichegamer.com/2016/06/06/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age...

I'll probably pick this up. FFXII has a ton of addictive side content in it, particularly the Monster Hunter-esque marks you can track down.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Shinion

There's been a 'cinematic' trailer released for Horizon Zero Dawn in the past moments, confirming the inevitable delay.

Game still looks fantastic though. I can wait, though a March date puts it close to Zelda/NX territory if there's no more 'announcements'.

That would be a shame either way. Hopefully both games are great and there a considerable gap between them.

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

A shame that Horizon has been delayed. The new trailer is absolutely brilliant though!

I quite like the way Sony spreads their games out throughout the whole year, rather than throwing the kitchen sink in October and November the way Microsoft traditionally likes to do.

2015 - The Order: 1886 in February, Bloodborne in March, Helldivers in April, Ultra Street Fighter IV in June, Journey Collectors Edition in July, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Until Dawn in August, Tearaway Unfolded in September, the Uncharted Collection in October.

2016 (so far) - Gravity Rush Remastered and Street Fighter V in February, MLB 16: The Show in March, Alienation and Ratchet & Clank in April, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End in May.

I am more than happy for them to continue this 'spread (the games) over a whole year' tradition!

Peek-a-boo

Octane

Indeed, it's a shame it got delayed, but fortunately there's still plenty to look forward to.

On the trailer itself, it looks good, but I just hope that it won't be too ''futuristic'', if you get what I mean. Just hunting some robo dinosaurs is all I'm asking for!

Octane

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo tbf to Microsoft (and to some extent Nintendo) I think it's fair to say that that 'strategy' has its advantages too. You've got to of course not just act like 2014 didn't happen and that the year doesn't end in October first though. Once you've done that, you'll see that both of the other so-called 'big three' easily rival (if not better) Sony's 'spreading of games throughout the whole year' this gen. You could even include most big 3rd party publishers too who favour Microsoft's Holiday Bombardment Method. It's kinda sad in my eyes that Sony's holiday output is yet again tumbleweed territory (only cheap GT cash in IIRC for this year), for the 3rd time in 3 years, knowing fully well that CoD bundles will pick up the slack. It has been great to play quite a few Sony games early on, but there's something I like more about having games release in the winter, what with the terrible UK whether, the holiday sales and for use as Christmas presents.

If Sony 1st party studios were releasing 4ish games each 3-4 months it'd be fantastic and worthy of this 'spreading out through the whole year' thing you've dubbed it but they aren't. Clearly they aren't. It's great to have big games to look forward to when it gets cold outside, like a Halo or Smash Bros or Pokemon or Mario blockbuster. It's just a shame that Sony have settled with CoD bundles.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

IceClimbers

Saw that delay coming, and same with Yooka-Laylee. Game looks fantastic though. Still plenty of PS4 exclusives/console exclusives for the rest of 2016 though. There's Gran Turismo Sport, Gravity Rush 2, and The Last Guardian from Sony. Then there's Nioh, World of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest Builders, etc. Plenty to play.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Peek-a-boo

@TheLastLugia All I said is that I like the way they spread their games over the course of a year, even if they do not have much to show in the months whereby some of the games would be drowned by the usual and popular yearly franchises.

Imagine the loss of sales that the likes of Bloodborne, Until Dawn and Ratchet & Clank would have missed out on if they were released in the frenzy of October and November?

By October and November, I usually feel overwhelmed with the variety, quality and quantity of third party games to care about the rest. Like I showed above, they have released a game almost every single month of the year bar November and December.

Maybe not throughout the whole year if you're being picky however, Sony and their line-up is far more evenly spread out than what their competitors choose to do.

:EDIT: For arguments sake, this is the past two years from Microsoft:

2015 - nothing in January, nothing in February, Ori and the Blind Forest in March, nothing in May, nothing in June, nothing in July, Rare Replay and Gears of War Ultimate Edition in August, Forza Motorsport 6 in September, Halo 5: Guardians in October, Rise of the Tomb Raider (a paid exclusive) in November.

2016 - nothing in January, nothing in February, nothing in March, Quantum Break in April, nothing in May, nothing in June.

Just ONE game (and a disappointing one at that too...) in the whole first half of the year! Oh, and they decided to cancel Fable Legends and shut down Lionhead Studios on a whim a few months ago too.

So, yeah. I do like my games to be evenly spread over a year.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

Persona 5 isn't coming out until February 2017.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

Valentine's Day, to be exact. On the positive side, all preorders and first-run copies of the game will come in steelbook cases, and there's a pretty nice looking special edition of the game as well.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/07/persona-5-will-take...

Oh well. I like steelbook cases, the box art is really hot, and at least it won't conflict with SMT IV Apocalypse now!

EDIT: Oh, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I just watched that World of Final Fantasy trailer, and it actually looks fun. Those chibi versions of classic FF characters are adorbs.

Edited on by Ralizah

Peek-a-boo

Next February is going to be GREAT!

Persona 5 on Valentine's Day and Horizon: Zero Dawn nearly two weeks later on the 27th.

XCOM 2 is also coming to both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on the 6th of September too! I thoroughly hope the game will be optimised well, as the PC version is extremely demanding.

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo I was going to snag H:ZD on release day, but I might delay that now considering modern Persona games are usually 70+ hour epics.

Edited on by Ralizah

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah I'm just going to flip a coin and play one before the other! Horizon: Zero Dawn does look very special though.

Untitled

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo I just hope they don't focus so hard on making it stunning that they turn it into some linear, set-piece driven roller coaster. I want to do stuff like this in the actual game (weave in and out of attacks, slide under monsters, etc.) and feel like I'm actually exploring this clearly awesome world they've conjured up.

Octane

@Ralizah Who cares about Persona when there's H:ZD? I do agree though, whilst the latest trailer did look promising, I couldn't really care about all the ''modern sci-fi'' stuff. I just hope they don't focus too much on the story. Make sure the gameplay is awesome, that's all I care for at this point.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane I've been waiting for Persona 5 for ages. H:ZD looks cool, but if I could only choose one or the other, I'd pick Persona 5 in a heartbeat.

When developers focus on making a really graphically advanced game, they often do so to the detriment of the gameplay. I'm expecting a graphics downgrade anyway (let's be real, there's no way they're going to have open environments AND graphics of this quality on the aging PS4 tech; maybe Neo, but not vanilla PS4), but I really hope they don't squander all this potential by making some 8 hour game that's over before you really feel like you've broken it in.

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah I thought the very same thing about Uncharted 4, in that the PlayStation 4 could never possibly reach those kind of visuals shown in their trailers over the few years.

Guess what? They did!

I'm not concerned in the slightest. Guerrilla Games are up there with the likes of Naughty Dog and Santa Monica Studio in producing visual wizardry on their respective platform(s).

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Instead of playing the rest of Dark Souls III, or finishing off both Alienation and Ratchet & Clank... or even beginning Mirror's Edge Catalyst that dropped through my letterbox this morning, I keep returning to play Dangerous Golf.

It is shallow, has little depth and leans more on the luck (rather than skill) side of things as well as some surprisingly long loading times. Yet I am finding a lot of joy in watching all those objects go flying around!

As a physics showcase, I doubt there is anything better.

The asking price - £13.49 - is quite a steep however, I am having a thoroughly enjoyable time so far.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

I'm probably picking up Mirror's Edge once the price drops a bit, not worth the €60 for me. I'm still waiting for Hyper Light Drifter though..

Octane

Shinion

I bought Doom today based off of the brilliant reception it's received from people despite never playing an ID game before. It's just the generation you grew up with I suppose, I don't think I'd ever be able to truly appreciate the impact and importance of their earliest games if I played them nowadays, so I think this is the only one that I'll be able to get into. Not as drawn in by the Wolfenstein games, I'll get them if I like this.

So yeah looking forward to playing, the opening level I know quite well from watching Polygon's infamous video, hope I'll do better than that!

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic