Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 301 to 320 of 1,479

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

301. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Well, I didn't like the way PS4 looked. That's fact that I think that. I think you guys are right, though. Xbox 1080 will have very relied use on internet, but once it breaks free of that the hardware will still have something to offer. Nintendo and Microsoft will both be competeing against Sony for a while, because they covered alot of ground. Lets just say that PS4 is the scout, and if anything bad happens on the trail ahead, Nintendo and Microsoft know what not to do once they see the mistake.

While I do worry about how Sony will let their internet cloud feature happen, especially when this will cost a lot of bandwidth for the internet and 3G/4G providers, it's likely that Sony conducted careful market research about the internet users. This is indeed a risky decision, and the company is well aware of that. We'll just have to see what happens, as it's generally not too good of an idea to jump to conclusions, even though it can be tempting sometimes.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

302. Posted:

Apparently a lot of people wanted to see what the box looked like.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21528542

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

Ryno

303. Posted:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Whoa, didn't know this console was not being developed in Japan. It was interesting to read the different thoughts. I thought this line was particularly funny: The ps4 is a true engineering feat. it's built on x86 architecture, with 8gb built in, sharing, a new controller, and it's INVISIBLE.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

304. Posted:

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Whoa, didn't know this console was not being developed in Japan. It was interesting to read the different thoughts. I thought this line was particularly funny: The ps4 is a true engineering feat. it's built on x86 architecture, with 8gb built in, sharing, a new controller, and it's INVISIBLE.

The hardware development space is located next to naughty dog. Its pretty obvious that after the PS3 and Vita they want a western developed console hence Mark Cerney.

Cool by mean since it means Japan studio can focus more on game development.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

305. Posted:

I'm not sure what I want to think of the PS4 thus far. I seriously wish every console had the social interactivity the console's going to have because that's just sweet. But the lack of backwards capability and the lack of transferring downloaded PSN games is a total drag.

I'll wait for MGS5. lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

306. Posted:

I don't see how the PS4 is gonna "end Sony" like a certain someone keeps saying.
:P

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

307. Posted:

The Witcher 3 has been confirmed for PS4.

Game over. Sony wins.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Knux

308. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Game over. Sony wins.

One amazing game isn't enough to make me buy a console right away these days, just saying.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Bankai

309. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Game over. Sony wins.

One amazing game isn't enough to make me buy a console right away these days, just saying.

Drive Club.

There's two. :P

Working on the assumption that there will be other good-to-great games released on the PlayStation 4. The Witcher 3 is the final nail the proverbial coffin.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

310. Posted:

But won't the switcher also be hitting Durango as well.

So Waltz when do you think we might start seeing the JRPGS for PS4 and do you think the Japan Studio who was has been in the spotlight more (Gravity Rush, Puppeteer, Knack, Rain)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

311. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

So Waltz when do you think we might start seeing the JRPGS for PS4 and do you think the Japan Studio who was has been in the spotlight more (Gravity Rush, Puppeteer, Knack, Rain)

It actually hasn't been confirmed whether The Witcher 3 will hit the next Xbox. Hardly matters anyway - the point here is the PS4 has it.

With regards to JRPGs, considering Falcom, Idea Factory, Tecmo Koei (and thus, Gust), Square Enix and Namco Bandai are all confirmed to be developing for the PS4, we're going to see plenty of JRPGs.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

312. Posted:

Drive Club was enough to warrant a purchase from me - come on Holiday 2013. :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

313. Posted:

Presented without comment:
http://gameological.com/2013/02/more-more-morehow-do-you-like...

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Bankai

314. Posted:

That is one of the poorest examples of "smart writing" I've ever seen.

Somehow whoever wrote that managed to miss the context - ie that a marketing event is meant to include marketing.

So, yeah, they used marketing words. Duh.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

315. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

It actually hasn't been confirmed whether The Witcher 3 will hit the next Xbox. Hardly matters anyway - the point here is the PS4 has it.

With regards to JRPGs, considering Falcom, Idea Factory, Tecmo Koei (and thus, Gust), Square Enix and Namco Bandai are all confirmed to be developing for the PS4, we're going to see plenty of JRPGs.

And Index Corp (Atlus) is developing something for the console, which most likely means Persona 5. If that's true, then Sony really has won.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

316. Posted:

I always assumed that Persona 5 would be on multiple systems anyway and Catherine was a testbed for that.

Any word on where Yasumi Matsuno has landed since leaving level-5?

WAT!

AuthorMessage

OverturePT

317. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

And Index Corp (Atlus) is developing something for the console, which most likely means Persona 5. If that's true, then Sony really has won.

The Persona games are really cool, don't get me wrong, but they hardly win a console war. Not even close...

OverturePT

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

318. Posted:

OverturePT wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

The Persona games are really cool, don't get me wrong, but they hardly win a console war. Not even close...

I was joking anyways, but they're a huge series in Japan, so don't underestimate their influence.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

319. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

I always assumed that Persona 5 would be on multiple systems anyway and Catherine was a testbed for that.

I don't think it worked out for them, though, so I'm not sure if Persona 5 would be worth releasing as multi-console release without Microsoft's backing.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

OverturePT

320. Posted:

I don't, but none of the Persona games sold that well tbh. Still, Persona 5 exclusive to PS4 might mean one more console sold (to me), so, yea. I hope that it's multiplatform though, I would like to see better sales for those games, Atlus deserves.

OverturePT