Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 16,083

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: *less and less interesting. COD, GTAV, Minecraft, Far Cry re-skin were among the best selling games, mores the pity. At least Street Fighter V has been a confirmed flop in all territories. Every cloud and all.

And I really couldn't give a rat's arse about the console wars. The sales figures for those were a given.

So which part was interesting again?

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

More and more interesting because we know so little about the near-term future of what Microsoft (Windows 10) and Nintendo (the NX) are preparing for, as well as the PS VR coming out within the next six months.

All three companies have something new to offer this year and that, to me, is rather interesting!

I did open my post with 'NPD results in February for the few that may well be interested. Obviously you must have been somewhat interested considering you replied!

Usually when I am not interested in something, I don't feel compelled to say anything, which appears to be the polar opposite of what you do.

p.s. I have to say, I enjoyed the last couple of pages as everybody was talking positively about new and unique games like Firewatch, Until Dawn and The Witness, and then you come along with your gloomy 'don't give a rats arse' posts.

Sometimes I think you just enjoy trying to make a happy discussion an unhappy one.

Like my Grandfather used to say, 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: your post to me was mostly relishing Microsoft's struggling. Sorry we're not all into that console wars sort of thing chap, I find it to be incredibly boring and lame.

And this 'if you don't like it, leave' argument is so trite and stupid. Half of these threads here are kept going by people who have nothing 'good' to say, we've got one dude referring to Miyamoto in the 3rd person in the Color Splash thread like he's Voldermort, someone else posts that 'if it's Nintendo it isn't good', yet still posts here every day and don't get me started on the hundreds of pointless NX threads that go nowhere fast. Should all them be locked immediately as well? Or just me? Probably just me, for some reason.

If I find the current gaming trends to be bland and mediocre I will point it out thank you very much. You don't set the rules or enforce them, and until this 'if you don't like it then leave' attitude is enforced everywhere on this site I will continue to be apathetic towards the trends of this generation.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

It's like you round and round and round in circles, and I cannot be bothered to converse with a gloomy 'chap' with his gloomy outlook on this little hobby of mine anymore.

If you're not into the NPD results, which I post nearly every single month in this thread, then why do I always see you reply to them?

I like this thread because folks are actually talking about the games they are playing (and are thoroughly enjoying), which I very rarely see you contribute to. It's tiresome, and I am going to mentally ignore you from today henceforth.

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

I didn't 'contribute' for the last few pages because I haven't bought Street Fighter V, The Witness or Firewatch, so despite still looking at what was posted I didn't have much of anything to say.

As much as you may not like it, I do have an opinion on the NPD figures/totals as much as I have an opinion on the sales figures here in the UK and Japan. I think it's been really disappointing that the same tried games and genres are having just as much success as ever. I think it's boring that we know 100% that yet another 'AAA' (cover third person) open world shooter will be the highest selling game for March, (The Division) whilst we all eagerly anticipate the next brilliant must have exclusives on both systems, which are cover based third person shooters (Uncharted and Quantum Break). Along with the fourth Souls release in as many years, yet another Ratchet & Clank game, another MLB game yadayada is this really supposed to be 'interesting'?

Again, I apologise profusely and in advance that this generation isn't interesting to me, and that I don't want to take part in the console wars. I will however continue to post this every month until something changes, whilst you continue to be interested, somehow. I'm so, so sorry.

If it makes you feel any better I did play through a game fully recently that was released on PS4 (albeit I played it on my Xbox One because it is 50% off currently on this week's Deals With Gold) and that game was Life is Strange. A very good alternative to Telltale's games, very engaging with a well implemented rewinding time 'gimmick' and a good plot with a few likeable characters. Fantastic art direction with a fittingly and equally great score, and this is from someone who usually dislikes this kind of music. Though the terrible writing/script and cliched stereotypes for the majority of the cast pulls it down a lot, along with the multitude of performance issues I encountered (character's lips not moving, falling through the map and frequent stuttering and pop-in).

8/10 great. Recommend.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Octane

@Peek-a-boo: Thanks, I figured it out! Love the look of the desert, but the entire island looks pretty. I'm almost done with the game, definitely wouldn't mind if there was more to discover; Untitled
Untitled

Here's a neat perspective easter egg too:
Untitled

And here's another shot from Gravity Rush, just because. I guess the game took it for me, cause I can't remember taking all these screenshots; pretty cool action pose I think;
Untitled

Octane

WebHead

@Peek-a-boo: yeah tbh I think Microsoft is slowly exiting from proper consoles. Seems they want to make Windows store a steam competitor.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Peek-a-boo

@Octane: Ah, I am glad you manage to figure the photo bobbins out, especially considering you get to show us some decent pictures! The perspective one is great to see.

I thought the maze, the symmetry and some of the monastery puzzles were the highlights of the game (so far). I wasn't too keen on the jungle though, because I find 'noise' puzzles a bit troublesome and somewhat joyless.

Although I had a rainy day off the other day, I didn't play The Witness at all so, I am still waiting to see what the bunker and the treehouse has in store for me!

I played Gravity Rush on my PS Vita (that I gave to my travelling-around-the-world friend a fair while back) and I don't feel compelled to go through it again, even with all the welcome frame rate, resolution and visual improvements.

It does look nice though, and am eager to hear more about the sequel!

WebHead wrote:

Yeah, I think Microsoft is slowly exiting from (making) consoles. Seems they want to make the Windows 10 store a Steam competitor.

I like to think Microsoft will 'have another go', as it breeds good competition however, like I said so above, they continue to get outsold by its nearest competitor - and in its own home country too - despite being $50 dearer.

You also have the recent news of the swift closure of two well regarded studios that had two near-complete games, as well as all those upcoming Xbox One exclusives being available on the Windows 10 store in the foreseeable future.

Nobody can say that that isn't somewhat concerning news with a straight face.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

WebHead

@TheLastLugia: Then why do you even own a PS4 and Xbox One?

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

Peek-a-boo

Seeing as there was a fairly recent update, including a new map, I played a little bit of Star Wars Battlefront this morning and whilst it isn't a particular deep game to play, the whole experience continues to impress me.

It's certainly a looker too!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo: Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the jungle either, I'm not too good with recognising sounds, but from what I've read, more people had difficulty with that section. I think the maze, symmetry and monastery puzzles were satisfying, because the difficulty wasn't the puzzle itself, but your ability to observe the surroundings. The orchard was satisfying for the same reason. Those puzzles are just a nice change of pace. The bunker is pretty unique as well, you're going to need a pen and paper for that one

Never had a Vita, so Gravitry Rush was a first time experience for me, definitely worth the 30 bucks and I'm looking forward to its sequel. Trailers look amazing so far.

I'm going to buy Battlefront eventually, as I'm a big SW fan and the game looks amazing. But at this point, I'd rather wait for a all-in-one edition, with all the DLC included. I don't think I'm going to play a lot of multiplayer, single player is the only reason to get this game for me.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Shinion

@WebHead: PS4 because Ni No Kuni II.
Xbox One because Rare Replay.
And I DO like the occasional game these 'AAA' companies churn out, there have been dozens of fantastic games already this gen (definitely if you include indies) that have been great to play on these two systems. Doesn't mean I have to agree with or even like whatever is popular, particularly when it is often the most popular things that are the most detestable because they can get away with it due to their popularity.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

WebHead

@TheLastLugia: fair enough. But it's just if stuff like NPD news bothers you why interact? I don't understand people sometimes. Why do they interact with something bad to them? And while I sorta agree, sadly it's going to continue lugia.

WebHead

Shinion

@WebHead: Do I have to explain it for what seems like the millionth time? Someone posted the NPD results and said they were 'interesting' and this gen is getting 'more and more interesting by the day!', and I so happen to have the exact opposite point of view, that this gen is predictable in almost every way, and saying that in a post caused said person to come down on my like a ton of bricks for daring to have that view, like I must be stopped or something. It just seems pathetic to me that if my comment was something on the lines of:

"Wow incredible! Truly astonishing, I can't believe it! The PS4 selling the most systems by far!?!?!? And COD, Minecraft and GTA, why gosh I'm glad people have such great taste and are being varied with their purchases, and keeping us all on our toes too, who'd have thunk it!? Cor blimey!"

Then that would've been deemed 'acceptable'. And if you have a PS4 or Xbox One you abdicate your right to criticise whatever is popular on those systems.

But I'm apparently just going to be ignored from now on because they can't handle my opinion so lol IDK life goes on, now to 'eagerly' anticipate the 'interesting' March NPD.

(Hint PS4 and The Division will 'win')

How fun.

Shinion

NinjaWaddleDee

I wonder when Persona 5 is going to come out. They keep saying Summer over and over again. I doubt we'll be getting it in the US or EU this Summer, but I think Atlus is aiming for a worldwide release. Either way if that's the case, I'll have to choose between playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions or Persona 5.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Peek-a-boo

I plonked £100 into my 'wallet' onto the PlayStation store a week or so ago, as you get a not-too-shabby £15 back for doing so (as part of a promotion), and with that £15, I decided to buy Unravel.

Whilst it's a little bit finicky to play, I really, really like the look of it!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I found out that this game is using the spellbinding Sony in-house PhyreEngine that was used for both Flower and Journey, and it definitely shows.

p.s. I genuinely cannot remember a better start to a year than we have had this year.

We have had Firewatch, Street Fighter V, The Witness and Unravel in January and February alone, which are all equally brilliant. I also wish I could play the likes of Oxenfree, Pony Island, SUPERHOT and Stardew Valley on PC too.

It's such a great time to play video games!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

Still need to get Unravel as well. I'm finished the Uncharted trilogy first and I need to devote some time to Pokkén Tournament before Star Fox and Uncharted 4 are released. Unravel will have to wait until summer; but I'm looking forward to it.

Octane

Shinion

I was tempted by that £100 offer thingy they're doing on PSN right now but I looked in my account and saw I only have £50 spending money so I chose to pre-order Pokken for £38 instead lol. I have Unravel for my Xbox One. It's alight from what I've played of the first third or so of it. Very pretty undeniably but I can't say that I fondly remember the levels I've played. Hope it improves in the latter levels.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

IceClimbers

PS VR price, release announced:

It has a Cinematic Mode that lets your PSVR headset act as a mini movie theater on your head, allowing you to play all of your PS4 content on it (as a display).

Star Wars Battlefront is also coming to PS VR.

Also, The Last Guardian has been reconfirmed for 2016.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Shinion

@IceClimbers: Star Wars Battlefront eh? Didn't expect that, I'd like to try that out. But that price range is way, way, way too much for my expenses, even if Nintendo's NX isn't coming out this year or even if it wasn't a thing that was happening at all. Not really interested, though I suppose I better get my flame shield out for not only deciding not to buy something from Sony, but actually having the nerve to comment as such, well if past interactions on this thread have been anything to go by. Glad to see also that they haven't forgotten about The Last Guardian or expected us to, though I'm still thinking it will get delayed again. My second most anticipated PS4 exclusive still.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic