Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 16,083

Peek-a-boo

TheLastLugia wrote:

Well then here's where we agree to disagree, as I think that that particular speedboat section was one of the most annoying I can think of from a game that I've played recently.

It wouldn't be the same if you DID agree with something I say!

I was talking about the U-boat scene, not the admittedly clunky jet ski section.

Glad to hear that ukemi enjoyed all three games; the atmosphere and setting of Drake's Fortune is why I am especially fond of the original game.

There's going to be a new Uncharted 4 story trailer tomorrow!

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Looks like Naughty Dog have done it again. Best visuals in any game, bar none. This waterfall.gif below is all real time!

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo: Looks amazing, that's for sure. I still need to finish the trilogy, already beat the first one and hopefully the second one soon. Kinda glad it was delayed, at least now I have plenty of time left to finish everything before launch.

Octane

WebHead

Hope Sony gets it over with and announces PSVR price on their March 15th gdc PSVR showcase. We know it's not gonna be cheap Sony.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

@WebHead: They're probably waiting to see what the competition is doing. Sony is probably willing to take a loss if they need to. Now we know that Oculus is $600 and Vive is $800, we'll probably be hearing more soon. I'm guessing somewhere between $300 and $500.

Octane

Ryno

The Naughty God's at it again. It looks like Naughty Dog used Assassin's Creed artwork for t...

Edit: Naughty's response: "In our eagerness to get the story trailer out we made a regrettable mistake and didn’t thoroughly vet the art work used for an in game painting. We’ve already updated the trailer. We hold all artistry in high regard and take full responsibility for having allowed this to happen.

We want to sincerely apologize to everyone at Ubisoft, the Assassin’s Creed team, the original artist, and our fans."

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/an_update_on_the_uncharte...

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

WebHead

@Octane: my guess is $399.99 in the US.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Shinion

@Ryno: a bizarre thing to do. They're not exactly a small studio trying to sell a 'niche' product. Why do this shady advertising? It's impossible to prove it's more than just a mistake of course, but this was obvious and spotted in seconds. One of a few rare situations I don't really know what to think of it.

Shinion

Gamer83

@TheLastLugia:
Well, I know what to think. Eventhough Naughty Dog is my favorite developer at the moment, this is a d*ck move, period. As a writer I wouldn't want somebody plagiarizing my work so I can imagine the people at Ubisoft were not pleased and I don't blame them. It's that hard to make a phone call and ask for permission? Or better yet, it's that hard to wait maybe an extra day or two and use something instead by one of talented artists at Naughty Dog? Very stupid move that causes an unnecessary controversy.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Chaoslink1

Should I get Ultra Street Fighter 4 with Outlast, Mortal Kombat XL with Outlast, USF4 with MKXL or USF4 with Street Fighter 5? I cant choose

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5737-7446-0788 | 3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter:

Tasuki

Chaoslink1 wrote:

Should I get Ultra Street Fighter 4 with Outlast, Mortal Kombat XL with Outlast, USF4 with MKXL or USF4 with Street Fighter 5? I cant choose

If you are looking for more then a online multiplayer game hold off on Street Fighter V for now. Street Fighter IV is good but once V gets its **** together, SF V will be alot better. Right, now I would go with Mortal Kombat X, the online community is big, there is alot of stuff to do offline and alone, plus there's also stuff to do offline with other players in the same room. MKX right now is my favorite fighting game on the PS4.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Shinion

@Chaoslink1: can't say I like 2D fighting games so I'm not going to say which of those is better, but make sure you get Outlast. Outlast is gud.

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

@Chaoslink1: Street Fighter V, but then I am biased as I love the series and it is the best beat 'em up you can currently buy/play.

Mortal Kombat is yuck; horrible visuals that doesn't know whether it wants to be realistic or stuck in a fantasy world, and the gameplay is nowhere as deep or as satisfying as Street Fighter IV or V is.

Even Birdie agrees!

Untitled

Outlast is merely okay - Alien: Isolation and P.T. eventually came along and made it seem pretty tame in comparison. Something like SOMA would be a far better choice, and is a very memorable experience too.

Peek-a-boo

Gamer83

@Chaoslink1:
I'd say get MK X now, and then in June when SF V has more features pick that game up then. It might also be down to $40 of $50 by then.

Gamer83

Octane

I just finished Firewatch. I liked the game, but it was a glitchfest. Framerate still isn't stable after the update, I got myself stuck twice due to sloppy collision detection and I encountered other minor issues, like invisible walls on paths and graphical hiccups. It's a shame, because the game itself isn't bad at all, and the writing is amazing.

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Octane: Firewatch is such a great little game, or an 'interactive narrative' as I like to call them.

Helps that it is set in such a wonderful looking place too.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I keep reading complaints about the ending though however, the way I see it, you cannot run away from your problems, everybody sucks at their job, conspiracies aren't real and no-one really knows what they are doing in life.

Finally a game that gets it!

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo: Indeed, it is stunning to look at. I didn't mind the ending, it was unexpected and different from other games. Like you said; it's like real life.

Octane

Ralizah

Picked up Until Dawn in the recent sale. It's very atmospheric and involving, but I wish they had opted to stabilize the framerate a bit more, as it stutters a bit too much for my taste and takes me out of the experience slightly. Also, the controls aren't great. Good thing this hardly matters, considering this is essentially a 9 hour interactive movie.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

Until Dawn was one of my favourite games last year, and unexpectedly so too.

I played it once on my own then the next two times with my friends who were more involved and panicked with the choices you have to make than me!

Performance wise, the game is hit and miss sometimes however, the visuals are excellent - every nook and cranny is marvellously detailed. The general tone of darkness and shadows is done very well too.

I might go back to it again later in the year, at Halloween.

🎃

Currently playing The Witness in between bouts on Street Fighter V; asides from my head feeling sore upon solving a pretty tough puzzle, it is an interesting game so far. Helps that it is a pleasing and visually arresting experience as well.

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic