Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,841 to 2,860 of 16,084

Gamer83

@Ralizah:
I still can't believe that game is going to get a Western release with the way developers are cowering to the sensitive pansies out there these days. Won't be buying the game but I hope it sells reasonably well and ruffles a few of these idiots' feathers.

Gamer83

Ralizah

@Gamer83: Completely uncensored as well, to my knowledge. Twitch banned the game, of course, but Marvelous isn't making concessions to the cultural police out there. Marvelous, including the U.S. branch previously known as XSEED, has enormous balls of steel. Tom from XSEED, in particular, has consistently stood as a high-profile opponent of censorship in almost all its forms, to the point where he was even banned from NeoGAF.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

banacheck

Started playing Gravity Rush: Remastered yesterday & making good progress with Awakening Der Eisendrach Zombies new map.

banacheck

Gamer83

@Ralizah:
If there weren't a good number of other games I'm looking to buy I would be tempted to pick up Estival Versus, and I wouldn't even play it because it doesn't seem like my kind of game, but I like to support a product from somebody who has the nuts to stand up to all the politically correct quacks out there these days who lose their sh*t over things so easily avoided.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Gamer83: Completely uncensored as well, to my knowledge. Twitch banned the game, of course, but Marvelous isn't making concessions to the cultural police out there. Marvelous, including the U.S. branch previously known as XSEED, has enormous balls of steel. Tom from XSEED, in particular, has consistently stood as a high-profile opponent of censorship in almost all its forms, to the point where he was even banned from NeoGAF.

That's interesting, I didn't know that. I'll be sure to try and support them.
NeoGAF has turned into a kind of totalitarian regime on political and cultural issues in the last 5 years. Look on any old thread and see how many of the once-members have now been banned. It's absolutely absurd.
This is my favourite example:
Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

@Dezzy: Is that ban message real? That's absolutely beautiful! Apparently that mod had no understanding of the concept of irony.

NeoGAF is a perfect model of what happens when cultural marxist types outnumber the normal people in a community. It turns into a joyless, totalitarian (perfect word choice, btw) cesspool where people become increasingly triggered by more and more basic things.

Nintendo Life has stayed pretty healthy. I don't recall any of the professional writers for this site going full censorship apologist, and whenever one of them decides to climb on a pedestal about something like the presence of mild fanservice in a game, a large chunk of the community usually speaks out.

Gamer83

@EdJericho:
That's actually pretty hilarious. Guy is making the game he wants. Good for him.

Gamer83

Octane

@Gamer83: I just started Gravity Rush as well, have you already played it before? It's pretty good, I'm enjoying it so far.

Octane

Gamer83

@Octane:
Played it on Vita back when it first came out. It's an awesome game and Bluepoint did a great job converting it over to PS4.

Gamer83

Ralizah

How does Gravity Sliding work on the PS4? While the game controlled brilliantly on the Vita, for the most part, you had to initiate Gravity Slide by using two fingers on the touch screen and shaking the unit to jump. It was... awkward, to say the least.

Gamer83

@Ralizah:
I haven't tried sliding yet. But I checked with one of my friends who is a bit further than I am and he said you just hold down L2 and R2 and use the control stick. Sounds much more simple, I'll let you know what I think when I get to that spot myself. I remember sliding on Vita being one of my least favorite parts, at least initially, once I got pretty decent at it, it was fun.

Gamer83

Ralizah

Gamer83 wrote:

@Ralizah:
I haven't tried sliding yet. But I checked with one of my friends who is a bit further than I am and he said you just hold down L2 and R2 and use the control stick. Sounds much more simple, I'll let you know what I think when I get to that spot myself. I remember sliding on Vita being one of my least favorite parts, at least initially, once I got pretty decent at it, it was fun.

Oh, thank God!

Can you move your controller to gyro aim your kicks like you could by moving the Vita around in the handheld version?

Octane

@Gamer83: @Ralizah: That's correct; pressing L2 and R2 together allows you to slide. It was a bit awkward for the first 5 minutes (but that's the case with every in general in the game in my opinion), but once you get used to it, it works great.

And yes, you can aim with the gyro controls. I prefer the combination of right analog stick for large movements and the gyro control for small adjustments. Basically like Splatoon with gyro aiming. It works really well.

Octane

Gamer83

@Octane @Razliah

Just tried sliding for myselfr and everybody I've talked to is right, it's actually much better now. I see it being my means of getting around the open world, unlike on the Vita. As for gyro aiming, it's there, don't care much for it myself but I know many will appreciate it.

Gamer83

Ralizah

@Octane: Yeah, that's how I controlled fights on the Vita, as well. Allowed for way quicker and more accurate responses. Great to see the game has translated so well to the PS4.

banacheck

@Ralizah: The Gravity Sliding is very easy to control by L2 & R2 & X to jump.

banacheck

banacheck

Gamer83 wrote:

@banacheck:
Cool. How far are you and what do you think of it?

The game is really good especially once you start getting your special moves & your sliding ability etc & levelled up a bit, I am just starting episode 10.

Update:

Just finished episode 18 & done some challenges, got a few golds & silvers. I've also maxed out my rep "Top Dog", I'm going to get a gold on all the challenges when I've finished the story. I've also killed all the rare Nevi in the rifts, you get silver trophies for that & also done all the side missions.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic