Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 16,083

SCRAPPER392

Xbox 360 and Wii didn't need internet to be worth having. I realize Xbox Live basically made the system, but you didn't need it to play Xbox games. Lets go back to Sega and SNES. Those didn't require internet for you to have fun playing a game. Wii U still holds that standard. Sega started online console gaming that connected to other players. Dreamcast had the idea PS2 and Xbox had, but lacked overall in both ways. There's a reason PS2 didn't have online, but it still beat Dreamcast when that console had online.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

The next Xbox will probably be very internet reliant looking at windows phone and windows 8.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

FOREST_RANGER

SCAR392 wrote:

Sorry. Well, it's internet reliant which is a deal breaker. You think Nintendo having no internet was bad, just watch and see an internet reliant system go horrible. There's basically nothing you can do on this system without internet. No internet, no system.
This system just looks like temporary relief to me.

Internet feature of the consoles are a response to society embracing and adopting to instant communications and immediate feedback. It's so easy to stay in touch with people and explore many things the digital realm has to offer. It also seems to make life easier to the business world, which needs to be efficient to survive.

If Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo were to stagnate in internet features, it could put the companies in danger of losing revenues that keep them going because they're not following the trends.

Is there anything else that makes you skeptical about an online-focused console?

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

SCRAPPER392

Well, I didn't like the way PS4 looked. That's fact that I think that. I think you guys are right, though. Xbox 1080 will have very relied use on internet, but once it breaks free of that the hardware will still have something to offer. Nintendo and Microsoft will both be competeing against Sony for a while, because they covered alot of ground. Lets just say that PS4 is the scout, and if anything bad happens on the trail ahead, Nintendo and Microsoft know what not to do once they see the mistake.

Qwest

VesperPrism

As a whole I was unimpressed with the PS4. I seen nothing (gamplay) that warrants more than a Playstation 3.5. I was expecting something to blow me away yet I was more impressed with the preview of Yarn Yoshi for the Wii U. All Sony seemed to show is social interaction, sorry but that appeals to a minority who like to show of their gaming highlights, let's see how long this feature lasts. Before the Presentation I was worried for Nintendo but after, well let's just say I won't be dropping anything towards the PS4. My gaming needs are innovative games and co-op games, both the Wii U and Xbox cater for me and do a better job than Sony. Good luck Sony.

VesperPrism

teus

Bankai wrote:

I really, really hope it blocks used games. Not to upset you, MrSRArter, but simply because it would be healthy for the games industry.

no it wouldn't be healthier, and it would be financial suicide if they did that,, you think a game store which makes most of their profit from used game sales will carry the console if it blocked the use of used games? Sony depends on the stores to help move their consoles and games. So they are not going to alienate stores by making such a move...

Ps. It has been confirmed that it won't block used games

NintendoID: Lazymutant

teus

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
I like Sony's TVs and A/V products. My Sony receiver has my Wii U and PS3 hooked up right now.
This confirms me keeping my Wii U and getting an Xbox later. Even Xbox 360 didn't have account sharing, and now I see why.
PS is basically like holding the server in your hands, but not having the hardware to use it.
I'm just glad I only have to get 2 consoles instead of 3, saving me a $1000 right off the bat.

What do you mean account sharing?

You can have the same account on 2 consoles at once. Xbox and Nintendo basically had the same account transfer method, and Microsoft's servers apparently are better than Sony's. Microsoft makes you void a console to use another one using the same account, except it allows you to use the internet to do so without needing hardware currently present like Nintendo. I still don't like paying for Xbox Live, but it turns out that Xbox is better. It just took the announcement of PS4 to realize that.

That's only true to an extent. You can have up to five consoles linked to. Single account, the only thing is one of those accounts is toed to the actual licences. The other accounts can use your downloaded software but as long as your connected to live.

I have two boxes, one phone, and two PCs connected to my current Xbox/Microsoft account all logged in at the same time,

The PS3 works in the same way as this so I'm not really sure what your talking about.

Games purchased on psn cannot be carried over to the ps4. So it's possible the permissions may be adjusted to allow the ps4 as a separate console.

NintendoID: Lazymutant

SCRAPPER392

Having anything Windows related is gonna give Xbox the upperhand. That OS is just too big to ignore, and is on more products than Microsoft's alone. They're pretty much combining everything that made last gen great, and calling it new. When did Sony even get a server anyway? I could have sworn they made TVs, AV components, and Walkman. I didn't think any of those used internet. Sony's better off making a Windos PC.

Qwest

FOREST_RANGER

SCAR392 wrote:

Well, I didn't like the way PS4 looked. That's fact that I think that. I think you guys are right, though. Xbox 1080 will have very relied use on internet, but once it breaks free of that the hardware will still have something to offer. Nintendo and Microsoft will both be competeing against Sony for a while, because they covered alot of ground. Lets just say that PS4 is the scout, and if anything bad happens on the trail ahead, Nintendo and Microsoft know what not to do once they see the mistake.

While I do worry about how Sony will let their internet cloud feature happen, especially when this will cost a lot of bandwidth for the internet and 3G/4G providers, it's likely that Sony conducted careful market research about the internet users. This is indeed a risky decision, and the company is well aware of that. We'll just have to see what happens, as it's generally not too good of an idea to jump to conclusions, even though it can be tempting sometimes.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

Ryno

IAmNotWill wrote:

Apparently a lot of people wanted to see what the box looked like.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21528542

Whoa, didn't know this console was not being developed in Japan. It was interesting to read the different thoughts. I thought this line was particularly funny: The ps4 is a true engineering feat. it's built on x86 architecture, with 8gb built in, sharing, a new controller, and it's INVISIBLE.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

shingi_70

Ryno_Choryzo wrote:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Apparently a lot of people wanted to see what the box looked like.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21528542

Whoa, didn't know this console was not being developed in Japan. It was interesting to read the different thoughts. I thought this line was particularly funny: The ps4 is a true engineering feat. it's built on x86 architecture, with 8gb built in, sharing, a new controller, and it's INVISIBLE.

The hardware development space is located next to naughty dog. Its pretty obvious that after the PS3 and Vita they want a western developed console hence Mark Cerney.

Cool by mean since it means Japan studio can focus more on game development.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Chrono_Cross

I'm not sure what I want to think of the PS4 thus far. I seriously wish every console had the social interactivity the console's going to have because that's just sweet. But the lack of backwards capability and the lack of transferring downloaded PSN games is a total drag.

I'll wait for MGS5. lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

turtlelink

I don't see how the PS4 is gonna "end Sony" like a certain someone keeps saying.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Knux

Bankai wrote:

The Witcher 3 has been confirmed for PS4.

Game over. Sony wins.

One amazing game isn't enough to make me buy a console right away these days, just saying.

Knux

Bankai

Knux wrote:

Bankai wrote:

The Witcher 3 has been confirmed for PS4.

Game over. Sony wins.

One amazing game isn't enough to make me buy a console right away these days, just saying.

Drive Club.

There's two.

Working on the assumption that there will be other good-to-great games released on the PlayStation 4. The Witcher 3 is the final nail the proverbial coffin.

shingi_70

But won't the switcher also be hitting Durango as well.

So Waltz when do you think we might start seeing the JRPGS for PS4 and do you think the Japan Studio who was has been in the spotlight more (Gravity Rush, Puppeteer, Knack, Rain)

WAT!

Bankai

Sony_70 wrote:

But won't the switcher also be hitting Durango as well.

So Waltz when do you think we might start seeing the JRPGS for PS4 and do you think the Japan Studio who was has been in the spotlight more (Gravity Rush, Puppeteer, Knack, Rain)

It actually hasn't been confirmed whether The Witcher 3 will hit the next Xbox. Hardly matters anyway - the point here is the PS4 has it.

With regards to JRPGs, considering Falcom, Idea Factory, Tecmo Koei (and thus, Gust), Square Enix and Namco Bandai are all confirmed to be developing for the PS4, we're going to see plenty of JRPGs.

Slapshot

Drive Club was enough to warrant a purchase from me - come on Holiday 2013.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic