Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 281 to 300 of 1,447

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

281. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
I like Sony's TVs and A/V products. My Sony receiver has my Wii U and PS3 hooked up right now.
This confirms me keeping my Wii U and getting an Xbox later. Even Xbox 360 didn't have account sharing, and now I see why.
PS is basically like holding the server in your hands, but not having the hardware to use it.
I'm just glad I only have to get 2 consoles instead of 3, saving me a $1000 right off the bat.

What do you mean account sharing?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Amigaengine

282. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

Yeah... I really don't get the whole FaceBook thing. Forums, MiiVerse, Email, and occasionally chatboxes is the farthest I'll go with Social Networking. And the thing about MiiVerse is, it doesn't overlap on gameplay, so when I'm playing a game I'm play a game, not "playing" on a social network.

This whole social aspect actually just gives me the creeps :) That goes for any console or medium, do not want anyone or any company following me around in my real life or while gaming.

Twitter: AmigaEngine

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

283. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
I like Sony's TVs and A/V products. My Sony receiver has my Wii U and PS3 hooked up right now.
This confirms me keeping my Wii U and getting an Xbox later. Even Xbox 360 didn't have account sharing, and now I see why.
PS is basically like holding the server in your hands, but not having the hardware to use it.
I'm just glad I only have to get 2 consoles instead of 3, saving me a $1000 right off the bat.

You can have the same account on 2 consoles at once. Xbox and Nintendo basically had the same account transfer method, and Microsoft's servers apparently are better than Sony's. Microsoft makes you void a console to use another one using the same account, except it allows you to use the internet to do so without needing hardware currently present like Nintendo. I still don't like paying for Xbox Live, but it turns out that Xbox is better. It just took the announcement of PS4 to realize that.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

irken004

284. Posted:

Who cares what the PS4 looks like when we got to see the new controller. That's all I was really concerned with. That and a new Killzone release.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Reala

285. Posted:

Still sad we didn't get a presentation from konami :( oh well deep down from capcom looked amazing.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

286. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70

You can have the same account on 2 consoles at once. Xbox and Nintendo basically had the same account transfer method, and Microsoft's servers apparently are better than Sony's. Microsoft makes you void a console to use another one using the same account, except it allows you to use the internet to do so without needing hardware currently present like Nintendo. I still don't like paying for Xbox Live, but it turns out that Xbox is better. It just took the announcement of PS4 to realize that.

That's only true to an extent. You can have up to five consoles linked to. Single account, the only thing is one of those accounts is toed to the actual licences. The other accounts can use your downloaded software but as long as your connected to live.

I have two boxes, one phone, and two PCs connected to my current Xbox/Microsoft account all logged in at the same time,

The PS3 works in the same way as this so I'm not really sure what your talking about.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

287. Posted:

If you dont have internet, this will basically put you back in time to PS1. I'm assuming Xbox 1080 will set the new standard that Nintendo will be able to adapt to, and PS4 will get left behind when all is said and done.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

288. Posted:

Amigaengine wrote:

3Dash wrote:

Yeah... I really don't get the whole FaceBook thing. Forums, MiiVerse, Email, and occasionally chatboxes is the farthest I'll go with Social Networking. And the thing about MiiVerse is, it doesn't overlap on gameplay, so when I'm playing a game I'm play a game, not "playing" on a social network.

This whole social aspect actually just gives me the creeps :) That goes for any console or medium, do not want anyone or any company following me around in my real life or while gaming.

yeah me too. i hate all this "social"-media crap. it's like "1984" for gaming. people don't even realize that they loose privacy more and more

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

289. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70

That's only true to an extent. You can have up to five consoles linked to. Single account, the only thing is one of those accounts is toed to the actual licences. The other accounts can use your downloaded software but as long as your connected to live.

I have two boxes, one phone, and two PCs connected to my current Xbox/Microsoft account all logged in at the same time,

The PS3 works in the same way as this so I'm not really sure what your talking about.

They changed it from 5 to 2. I know, because I have a PS3.
The games are the only things they won't let you transfer around when it comes to Xbox. You can share media like you said, but those aren't hardware reliant. You can run music and movies without a powerful computer. There's a such thing as DVD, Bluray, and CD players that don't need a processor to run.
PS4 is basically using it's processor and computer power to run a bluray.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

290. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Amigaengine wrote:

3Dash wrote:

yeah me too. i hate all this "social"-media crap. it's like "1984" for gaming. people don't even realize that they loose privacy more and more

It's not that I'm 100% against social networking I'm on a forum at this moment, case in point. And every once in a while I'll look around MiiVerse, but being connected 24/7 is not something I look for in games.

Edited on by Dashtag

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

291. Posted:

@SCAR392 May I ask what exactly you are disappointed with, for both the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4?

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

292. Posted:

FOREST_RANGER wrote:

@SCAR392 May I ask what exactly you are disappointed with, for both the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4?

Sorry. Well, it's internet reliant which is a deal breaker. You think Nintendo having no internet was bad, just watch and see an internet reliant system go horrible. There's basically nothing you can do on this system without internet. No internet, no system.
This system just looks like temporary relief to me.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

293. Posted:

Xbox 360 and Wii didn't need internet to be worth having. I realize Xbox Live basically made the system, but you didn't need it to play Xbox games. Lets go back to Sega and SNES. Those didn't require internet for you to have fun playing a game. Wii U still holds that standard. Sega started online console gaming that connected to other players. Dreamcast had the idea PS2 and Xbox had, but lacked overall in both ways. There's a reason PS2 didn't have online, but it still beat Dreamcast when that console had online.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

294. Posted:

The next Xbox will probably be very internet reliant looking at windows phone and windows 8.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

295. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sorry. Well, it's internet reliant which is a deal breaker. You think Nintendo having no internet was bad, just watch and see an internet reliant system go horrible. There's basically nothing you can do on this system without internet. No internet, no system.
This system just looks like temporary relief to me.

Internet feature of the consoles are a response to society embracing and adopting to instant communications and immediate feedback. It's so easy to stay in touch with people and explore many things the digital realm has to offer. It also seems to make life easier to the business world, which needs to be efficient to survive.

If Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo were to stagnate in internet features, it could put the companies in danger of losing revenues that keep them going because they're not following the trends.

Is there anything else that makes you skeptical about an online-focused console?

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

296. Posted:

Well, I didn't like the way PS4 looked. That's fact that I think that. I think you guys are right, though. Xbox 1080 will have very relied use on internet, but once it breaks free of that the hardware will still have something to offer. Nintendo and Microsoft will both be competeing against Sony for a while, because they covered alot of ground. Lets just say that PS4 is the scout, and if anything bad happens on the trail ahead, Nintendo and Microsoft know what not to do once they see the mistake.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

VesperPrism

297. Posted:

As a whole I was unimpressed with the PS4. I seen nothing (gamplay) that warrants more than a Playstation 3.5. I was expecting something to blow me away yet I was more impressed with the preview of Yarn Yoshi for the Wii U. All Sony seemed to show is social interaction, sorry but that appeals to a minority who like to show of their gaming highlights, let's see how long this feature lasts. Before the Presentation I was worried for Nintendo but after, well let's just say I won't be dropping anything towards the PS4. My gaming needs are innovative games and co-op games, both the Wii U and Xbox cater for me and do a better job than Sony. Good luck Sony.

VesperPrism

AuthorMessage

teus

298. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

I really, really hope it blocks used games. Not to upset you, MrSRArter, but simply because it would be healthy for the games industry.

no it wouldn't be healthier, and it would be financial suicide if they did that,, you think a game store which makes most of their profit from used game sales will carry the console if it blocked the use of used games? Sony depends on the stores to help move their consoles and games. So they are not going to alienate stores by making such a move...

Ps. It has been confirmed that it won't block used games

NintendoID: Lazymutant

AuthorMessage

teus

299. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70

Games purchased on psn cannot be carried over to the ps4. So it's possible the permissions may be adjusted to allow the ps4 as a separate console.

NintendoID: Lazymutant

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

300. Posted:

Having anything Windows related is gonna give Xbox the upperhand. That OS is just too big to ignore, and is on more products than Microsoft's alone. They're pretty much combining everything that made last gen great, and calling it new. When did Sony even get a server anyway? I could have sworn they made TVs, AV components, and Walkman. I didn't think any of those used internet. Sony's better off making a Windos PC.

$¢@®³’²