Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 16,084

WebHead

Just realized its fake XD

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Shinion

@Gamer83: wow I can't believe I forgot about THAT of all things (the external hard drive support) especially when I'm in a bother thinking about buying an internal one at this moment. That's a huge issue undoubtably, 500GB is a joke quite frankly if you want people to use your system as their main one (as Sony are still quite happy to chirp on about), Until Dawn of all things ate up 10% of that hard drive space, I'd say 2 TB is an ideal, and I've just got a great one for my Xbox that works perfectly, it's long overdue that Sony do likewise as you say. There's also other things I forgot to mention like Sony's denial to allow their customers to decide whether or not EA Access was worth it for them, and their lack of an 'elite' controller similar to the recent one for Xbox One, albeit at least the basic one is good this gen, so that would be lower down on the priority list, but still again a welcome option. I know people have gone through DS4 easily, I'm amazed mine's lasted over 2 years to be honest.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Gamer83

@TheLastLugia:
Honestly, I'm not even sure 2 TB is enough for a full gen but it should last a few years. If Sony keeps slacking on this issue, the greater the chance I'm going to be buying more multiplats on my Xbox One. The problem is, people don't voice concerns to Sony, they just apologize instead. Take a venture over to PushSquare and read the article about the recent PSN outage and you'll see plenty of halfwits calling the people who want an extension on the subscription they paid for 'entitled.' Of course these are the same imbeciles who will laugh if Xbox Live goes down. At least the Xbox users seem to be on MS' a$$ this gen, keeping that company in check. Sony doesn't have to do anything, not just because it's in the lead, but because the consumers pretend everything is perfect. It'd be funny if it didn't effect the PS4 owners who have brains.

Gamer83

Dave24

@WebHead: If you expect it to be at retail below 400, then I already can assure you are into some big disappointment. It probably will cost 499 bucks, because they obviously won't sell it at loss.

As for PS4 HDD, I got all the crap back in 2013 (when they announced the space of hdd) for saying that 500GB is like U's 32GB Now the same idiots who called me out on the interwebz are repeating what I was saying years back.
The best advice for PS4 is buy the cheaper 500gb and get external 2TB, because it's cheaper than internal. Although getting out the HDD from PS4 is a nightmare.

DS4 is far better controller than DS3 for it's shape alone. It's comfortable to hold it and I can't believe it took them this long to design controller like this.

Dave24

IceClimbers

@WebHead: That pic is relevant again. Just replace PSVR with Oculus Rift!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Peek-a-boo

Peach64 wrote:

5.7 million PS4's sold between November 22nd and January 3rd to take them to 35.9 million worldwide. Crazy numbers!

Would you like to hear something even more crazy?

The PlayStation 4 sold more in 2015 (17,800,000+) than what the Xbox One has sold to date.

With the PS VR on its way as well as a heck of a first party and console exclusive line-up, I can only see them improving (this year) in terms of sales; 20 million in 2016 is not an unrealistic target, especially if Sony price the PS VR 'right'.

The Oculus Rift is $599; knock off a third - or even 50% - of that price and the PS VR will be the runaway winner!

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: there's a lot of presuming and estimation there, particularly in regard to the PSVR, which we know very little of the key information about. I'll eat my hat if it's $300. In fact I'll eat all of them. I won't claim to be an expert (because I'm far from it) on this product, but from what I've read people were expecting the Oculus to cost less than it does, so I would be interested to see why you think this will be half the price at launch, I just can't see that happening, from my little understanding I think it's basic knowledge that Oculus wouldn't shoot itself in the foot by being twice as expensive. Business doesn't work like that.

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

Both Shu Yoshida and Kaz Hirai have openly said that the PS VR will be priced as 'a new gaming platform' similar to the PlayStation 4 was at launch, which was $399 so, it shall definitely be a third - or more - off the price of an Oculus Rift.

I reckon a PS VR with Move and a camera included for $399 would be pretty welcome news, or go one better and create a PS VR + PlayStation 4 bundle for the price of an Oculus Rift, at $599. That would be a bit of a bombshell indeed!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Tasuki

Just picked up CoD: Black Ops III and DA: Inquisition. Been playing alot of Blops and Blops II the past few days so I figured what the heck might as well get III and I had a 50 dollar Gamestop card I got for Christmas.

Dragon Age is a different story, Never played one before but I was watching my son play Origins last night on PS3 (ty PS+). It reminded me of WoW a bit with its vast world and combat so for $15 I figured I check out Inquisition hoping that maybe it will scratch that open world RPG feeling I have had for awhile now since quitting WoW.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Shinion

@Tasuki: Inquisition is a lot of busy work lemme tell ya if you haven't already been told that. It Is very, very high quality in many aspects, buy it hasn't impressed me as much as other RPGs this gen like The Witcher 3 or Xenoblade Chronicles X. Those two have very special moments and aspects that distinguish them wheras I feel Inquisition gets too boring too quickly. If you like what you saw in Origins I think you'll like Inquisition, just depends on how many fetch quests you are willing to do amongst the great combat and graphics.

Can't comment on COD. I think it's more of the same? Which you probably already knew and signed up for, and that's why I gave up.

Shinion

IceClimbers

Dragon Age Inquisition is a pretty good game. It's nothing super impressive though, especially in comparison to The Witcher 3. It also totally robbed Bayonetta 2 of several GOTY awards in 2014.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tasuki

@TheLastLugia: Fetch quests don't bother me too much as I said I played WoW for years lol and if I do get bored of it, I only spent 15 bucks on it. My biggest problem is having to deal with party members.

As for CoD Blops III yeah it pretty much is more of the same thing but Blops is the only CoD games I play. I have the first one on Wii and the second one on PS3 and that's all the CoD's I own. For the most part after I get done or bored with the campaign it becomes a multiplayer game night game with the guys from work when they come over to my place.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Peek-a-boo

IceClimbers wrote:

Dragon Age Inquisition is a pretty good game. It's nothing super impressive though, especially in comparison to The Witcher 3. It also totally robbed Bayonetta 2 of several GOTY awards in 2014.

2014 was a pretty underwhelming year for games, all told. To think that Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age: Inquisition were winning all the awards at the end of that year was pretty telling in all honesty, as they are both easily forgettable and rather unremarkable.

The best two games were remasters; The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V.

The Wii U had a really good line-up with the likes of Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze as well as the ever popular Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8.

Personally speaking, Shovel Knight was my favourite game in 2014 as well as Alien: Isolation and The Evil Within respectively, even though they both had pacing issues and nigglesome flaws in general.

Last year was so much better, and this year is shaping up to be one of the most memorable years yet. Let's hope the NX delivers!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

WebHead

Yeah PS VR is probably gonna cost $350-500 I think.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Shinion

There's a half-decent January sale on the PS Store in the UK right now, and I have decided to get Okami (despite the fact I still have it on Wii) on PS3 for £5 and Tales From the Borderlands on PS4 for £7. There were a few other decent savings to be had on games old and new but those two stood out for me.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

I have done very, very well with these sales as I have repeatedly told myself NOT to buy anything in the January sale on the PlayStation store, seeing as I have the following to make a start on, let alone complete:

01) Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (although this is a REALLY tough game...)
02) Life is Strange (still haven't captured all the photos on the fifth and last episode)
03) Never Alone (as well as the story add-on, 'Fox Tales')
04) OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood
05) PieceFall (only costs 99p, and is a very British British-developed game too)
06) Pix the Cat
07) Submerged
08) Tales From the Borderlands
09) Tearaway Unfolded
10) The Fall
11) Until Dawn
12) The Wolf Among Us

I am only going to buy two games for the first half of this year; both Street Fighter V and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

So I'm about halfway through episode 2 of Tales From the Borderlands now. After playing through both series of The Walking Dead (twice) as well as The Wolf Among Us I think I'm in a pretty good position to judge Telltale's episodes in terms of their quality and I have to say that the first episode of Tales From the Borderlands is my favourite episode of them all, and I thought their pinnacle was episode 2 of the first series of The Walking Dead and that it wouldn't be beaten. Glad to say I was wrong, I'm gonna keep my expectations in check as I figured Telltale out (well the episodic formula as a whole really) a long time ago, the first is usually the best just to hook people into buying the season pass early and the quality does suffer from here on in. I'll be glad to be wrong again and there's a chance I might be as I've enjoyed the first half of episode 2 as well but I'll wait and see.

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

@TheLastLugia: If you like the Telltale games, do check out Life is Strange one day.

As a fan of The Walking Dead (both seasons), I personally think Life is Strange has raised the bar of what is now expected of episodic games. It has been nominated - or winning - in plenty of games of the year (2015) lists and articles, and deservedly so too!

I still have to go back and finish both Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us; time just isn't on my side at the moment.

Peek-a-boo

rallydefault

TheLastLugia wrote:

@Tasuki: Inquisition is a lot of busy work lemme tell ya if you haven't already been told that. It Is very, very high quality in many aspects, buy it hasn't impressed me as much as other RPGs this gen like The Witcher 3 or Xenoblade Chronicles X. Those two have very special moments and aspects that distinguish them wheras I feel Inquisition gets too boring too quickly. If you like what you saw in Origins I think you'll like Inquisition, just depends on how many fetch quests you are willing to do amongst the great combat and graphics.

Can't comment on COD. I think it's more of the same? Which you probably already knew and signed up for, and that's why I gave up.

YES on the DA:Inquisition comment. I LOVED the first game, I put up with the second one, but this third one... just too much to do! They really overdid it in a bad way, in my opinion. Maybe this summer I'll really sit down with it and try to "get lost" in it, though. We'll see. But I've tried probably about 4 or 5 times to get into, but I never last more than a couple hours before just losing interest for some reason.

rallydefault

Shinion

So I've just gone through the rather unenviable task of replacing my 500 GB hard drive with a 2TB one. Disregarding all my complaints about that annoying process, because that was to be expected and I'm OK with that, with everything done and the hard drive in and ready to go, I come to the sudden realisation that I have to install each of my 30+ PS4 games one at a time, then transfer the memory for that game one at a time, THEN DOWNLOAD THE UPWARDS OF 10GB UPDATES FOR EACH GAME. ONE. AT. A. TIME. Safe to say that I've never been as disappointed in the PS4 as a system or Sony in general as I am now. Making my 2TB external hard drive work with my Xbox One took 10 minutes, tops. I assume it would be as simple for a Wii U. Yet this is the ONLY option for the PS4? Are you kidding me? Thank God that the installation and memory transfer take seconds each to do, but Sony could've made this so, so much easier if they remembered their tag line that's helped them sell nearly 40 million units. If you really were 'for the players' you would support external hard drives. It's absolutely inexcusable.

So yeah I'll be slowly but surely downloading 30+ update files that might finish sometime this month. Because contrary to popular belief, the PS4 is a severely flawed gaming system.

Heed my warning if you are thinking of upgrading, Sony have lazily made it as painful and annoying as it could be.

I need a drink...

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic