Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 16,083

Shinion

@SuperWiiU: don't forget indiestation

But seriously for a second, delays are good as long as they justify it in the end with a high quality product. A month, two months or several months, I'd rather wait and I have plenty to do in the meantime. As of now Uncharted isn't a series I care about, sucks for those that do though. At least we won't have to go through another Sony conference with their headliner being this game, that's been my main gripe with this, get it released and over with before E3 Sony and move onto something else. Please. Particularly for Naughty Dog's sake, just get them making The Last of Us 2 ASAP.

Shinion

WebHead

Idk what it is but Sony first party sure are having a difficult time with PS4.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Shinion

@WebHead: absolutely 100% undeniable. I've only had one first party game on PS4 in over two years(!), and even that was just the PS3's best (debatable) game remastered a year after its original release. The Last Guardian, Ratchet & Clank, Dreams, Gravity Rush and Horizon Zero Dawn look like they'll put things right but is anyone honestly confident the former and the latter will release in 2016? 'Cause I sure ain't. Infamous Second Son, Kilzone Shadowfall, The Order 1886, Little Big Planet And Knack were also incredibly disappointing from what I heard the majority of people say, so even the quality of Sony's first party titles are well up for debate. I'd forgive them if I had at least half a dozen after two years like I had with the Wii U but I only have a very questionable one. Sometimes I do wonder if Sony really did kick back once the 'war' was over between the PS4 and Xbox One in sales, because at times it's like they're not even trying, at least not as hard as I expect. :/

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

WebHead

@TheLastLugia: yeah starting to think PS4 isn't as easy to develop for as its made out to be.

WebHead

IceClimbers

@WebHead: I don't think it's that so much as Sony not needing to rush their games out since they have a comfortable lead. There's other factors too, including the fact that Sony's studios were making major games for PS3 right until the PS4's release. Another factor is that some games simply are taking a long time because they're bigger or have some sort of open world component. In Rachet & Clank's case, they had to time things to have it launch around the same time as the movie.

It's definitely been a combination of factors.

But yeah, Sony sure has taken their sweet, sweet time. Don't think I've bought a single 1st party game for the PS4 yet.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

WebHead

@IceClimbers: just hope they don't get too overconfident again. We all remember the last time it happened....

WebHead

Gamer83

@WebHead:
Well, it's funny how the narrative changes. Last gen PS3 was supposedly a b*tch to developer for and exclusives were important. At the start of this gen all I heard was how PS4 was so easily to develop for and with Sony's first party studios it should be a winning combo. As we've seen there's been delay after delay, not just with first party games either, and I also don't think it should be passed over that Sony has struggled financially, Can't tell me that doesn't play some kind of role in what has gone at. There was a lot of restructuring at start of this gen. But of course none of that matter because exclusives aren't important. At least if you listen to Sony fanboys. It's ok that only inFamous Second Son and Bloodborne have been worth a damn. When you're best studio though, the one that 'cracked the code' so to speak for even the hard to develop for PS3, is struggling. Something is up.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

WebHead

@Gamer83: Well one thing I'll give ND is that the Amy Henning departure messed things up too.

WebHead

Gamer83

@WebHead:
It sure did, at least in the sense that Uncharted 4 is obviously a completely different game (maybe for the better) than it was. Just simply stop giving release dates that have no shot of being met, that's all I ask.

Gamer83

Blast

WebHead wrote:

@TheLastLugia: yeah starting to think PS4 isn't as easy to develop for as its made out to be.

Most of their money is going to developing VR. Horizon and Last Guardian are 2017 games. They aren't releasing in 2016. No way.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Gamer83

@Blast:
I would hope that's not true because if it is, it's ridiculous if you think about it. 30 million userbase on PS4, so lets throw all that money behind something that isn't proven like VR. Makes no sense if that's what is going on.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Peach64

I don't think it's technical issues. If the PS4 was tough to develop for, we'd be seeing inferior multi platform releases on it like the awful PS3 versions of great games like Bayonetta and Fallout 3. Pretty much every mutliplatform game that comes out is best on PS4.

Peach64

SuperWiiU

Peach64 wrote:

I don't think it's technical issues. If the PS4 was tough to develop for, we'd be seeing inferior multi platform releases on it like the awful PS3 versions of great games like Bayonetta and Fallout 3. Pretty much every mutliplatform game that comes out is best on PS4.

Bayonetta wasn't all down to the developing environment, but also due to it being handed down to a third party studio.

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah: Are you talking about the genuinely limited two-disc special editon Silent Hill 2 slipcase that was only available in Great Britain?

Here it is:

Untitled

I had this very one, once upon a time. The little art book inside the slipcase was a real treat too, although quite gruesome!

As for Uncharted 4 being delayed; it is just by one month, and if there's anybody who can polish a game to perfection, Naughty Dog are one of the very happy few to do so. I am becoming more and more convinced that it may well end up being one of the best games of the generation, let alone next year.

I shall gladly be playing the likes of Alienation, Amplitude, Dark Souls III, Firewatch, Gravity Rush Remastered, Ratchet & Clank, Unravel, The Witness and Street Fighter V in the first four months of the year anyway. That's a ridiculously brilliant line-up, and overwhelmingly so.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Ralizah: Are you talking about the genuinely limited two-disc special editon Silent Hill 2 slipcase that was only available in Great Britain?

Nah. Vanilla NA box art.

Untitled

It's a lovely design all around. Elegant creepiness at its best. I especially like the cobweb-like substance connecting the letters of the title together.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

The 'Restless Dreams' version on the Xbox has a similar box-art to the one above:

Untitled

Funnily enough, despite the original Xbox having a fair bit bit more power compared to the PlayStation 2, Silent Hill 2 ran better on the latter console, especially noticeable at the beginning when you were running along the foggy path towards the car park and the toilet.

That part stuttered like MAD on the Xbox, for whatever illogical reason.

I also hope we'll see the game as part of the PS2 Classics range on the PlayStation 4 somewhere down the line. It is one of the most memorable games I have played, and I have a tough time choosing between the first two as my favourite. They are both incredible in their own right.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I am becoming more and more convinced that it may well end up being one of the best games of the generation, let alone next year.

Steady on son, I think the least you have to do is play the game before saying things like that. Unless delays always = quality? If so how does Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens Colonial Marines figure into that equation? For me, the only game coming out that I'm certain to buy in Q1 2016 for my PS4 is The Resident Evil Origins Collection. Got it preordered for around £20, seems like a steal. Then apart from another yet another remaster in Gravity Rush, because I don't own a Vita, I couldn't care less about those other games. Hurry up with Ni No Kuni 2 Level-5!

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

I did say that it 'may well' for a reason,

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and The Last of Us are arguably two of the very best and influential games of the last generation, and I cannot see why Uncharted 4: A Thief's End could well be the very best game of this generation.

It is a bit daft to use Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Cononial Marines as an example of a delayed game being bad. Do you really think Uncharted 4 has the potential to be settled amongst some of the worse games in the past decade?

As for the other games I listed, they are all shaping up to be something special in their own right. You might not care about them, but plenty of others do! It's a good and diverse line up of games for the first three or four months of 2016.

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic