Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 16,083

Peek-a-boo

There's some new footage of Gran Turismo Sport out in the wild, to coincident with the launch of the new, modern and rather sophisticated looking Polyphony Digital website.

It is already looking quite special:

Untitled

The above gif is in-game, by the way. The real time lighting engine continues to impress!

Peek-a-boo

SuperWiiU

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Awesome news!

He and Mark Cerny are good friends, and he has always has good support from Sony. It is also where his games sells best too.

Going to be a long wait, but I am sure it shall be worth it. The new logo looks great:

Untitled

p.s. Kojima's new game is also coming out on PC even though Sony is the publisher! It also begs the question; why is it that Sony supports the PC better than Microsoft currently does?

Street Fighter V is another good example of allowing the game to be on both PC and PlayStation 4 despite being published and funded by Sony themselves.

That gives me hope they'll make the PS VR compatible with the PC too.

Gamer83

Figured there was a good chance Kojima would end up working with Sony. Hopefully it pays off for all parties involved. Eventhough I would've liked more MGS, Kojima has been wanting to move on for years so it will be great to see what he can do with a new IP now that he has a little bit of freedom to let his imagination run wild.

Gamer83

GamecubeMan

I have been wanting to buy a PS4 for a longest time but with the exception of a few games, I believe that all the games I want are coming out in 2016. That being said are there any hidden gems on the PlayStation 4?

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Shinion

@GamecubeMan: that's a good question, as the PS4 is the most popular console by far, it has all the most popular games featured and advertised heavily, leaving smaller games in the dust a little, though of course it goes without saying that the opposite is true, that the smaller/indie games are there on the PS4 as it is also indie friendly. If I just list a few that I can think of that I've got already they'd be:

. Shovel Knight
. The Bit Trip
. Transformers Devestation
. Dragon Quest Heroes
. Outlast
. Transistor
. Super Meat Boy
. Grow Home

And the more niche and future hidden gems I'm looking forward to are:

. Ni No Kuni II
. Dreams
. Unravel

And that's about it from what I can think of off the top of my head, because as I say Sony don't really promote the smaller and niche games on their systems much at all.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Octane

@GamecubeMan: Well, it depends on what you're looking for. I personally liked Journey quite a lot. There's Tearaway Unfolded if you like adventure platformers. I finally got to play Fez, if you're into (cryptic) puzzle games, then Fez is certainly a game you should look into. I haven't found any other games that I think are extremely underrated or just good but unknown in general.

@TheLastLugia: Sony has definitely been promoting Unravel and Dreams, I can think of several conferences where those games were shown with the developers on stage. Ni No Kuni has just been revealed, but I'm sure they're going to promote that game as well.

Octane

Tasuki

@GamecubeMan: There is alot of hidden gems on the PS4 it just depends what you're looking for. There is

Rocket League
Journey
Knack
Resogun
Drive Club
Dust An Elysian Tale

And that's just a few off then top of my head.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Gamer83

Tearaway Unfolded is short but that's another great game. Was criminally overlooked on Vita and even moreso on PS4, unfortunately.

Gamer83

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo: Pretty. Too bad I don't like realistic racing games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Gamer83

@Tasuki:
It'll probably be down to $20 after the holidays. It's a very short game but definitely worth it if you like 3D platformers.

Gamer83

Ralizah

These game covers remind me of one of the reasons I'll never go full digital...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

How am I supposed to focus on Twilight Princess HD and Fire Emblem: Fates with all of these amazing PS4 games releasing in Q1 2016?

#firstworldproblems

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah: I'm glad I'm only getting Gravity Rush Remastered, along with Firewatch and The Witness, so I should have plenty of time to play TP again. Although if The Witness really contains more than 80 hours of content, I'm sure that's going to take a while as well.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane: Oh, wow, I'd completely forgotten about The Witness! I enjoyed Braid, but I think I'll wait on reviews for this one.

WebHead

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/12/19/psn-attack-thr... They threatened to hack PSN and XBL on Xmas and keep it down for a week. I hate hackers, but I surely hope that MS and Sony would've upgraded their network security by now.

If the hack happens, I will not be renewing my PS Plus subscription, nor ever subscribe to PS Now and PS Vue. I will not pay for a vulnerable, unstable Network.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah wrote:

These game covers remind me of one of the reasons I'll never go full digital...

I only go digital with digital only games such as Axiom Verge, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Grow Home Life is Strange, Rocket League, SOMA and so on and on whereas I always buy retail games when and where I can. I just like the convenience of lending the game to my friends or, eventually, passing and selling it on.

Perhaps you and I have different tastes though, because as much as I really like the minimalistic Gravity Rush box-art, I wouldn't personally consider the other two cover art as a reason for never going fully digital. If anything I would be a little bit embarrassed to have them sitting on my shelf!

Different strokes and all that, hey?

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo: Why embarrassed? I find the first two covers very vibrant, given the dramatic body language and bold colors. The third is, as you said, lovely and minimalistic.

But then, I also have yaoi art and a very nice canvas of Bettie Page in lingerie on display, so...

But yes, different strokes and all that. Twilight Princess HD also has lovely box art that I plan to display.

Shinion

@Ralizah: if we're talking favourite PS4 covers I'd say my favourite from what I've seen is Until Dawn, mainly because it is one of few PS4 games that doesn't have a dude holding some sort of weapon menacingly and instead is an inspired cover that fits into the game. Battlefront's is good too, though it doesn't take much effort to make an appealing Star Wars image. The Last of Us remastered is cool too, mainly because Ellie. But the rest are eh, they do their intended job at appealing to 12 year old boys but I'm not that so I find them bland and boring.

Favourite ever covers? I think Pokemon's are very effective of using the legendary of that game, Xenoblade's is excellent too but the best of the best has to be Okami's. Stylish yet simple. Shame that it bombed on PS2 originally partly because of that, why buy that game when it was the only one on the shelves without a gun?

But yeah Gravity Rush's looks cool

Shinion

Octane

@Ralizah: Never played Braid, but it is seems to be a completely different game than The Witness. I played a lot of Myst on PC back in the day, that must be almost two decades ago now that I think about it... Eh, anyway, gameplay seems to be very similar to Myst, but with the addition of puzzles. Puzzles, mystery and a lone adventure. Sign me up!

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Ralizah

My favorite box art ever is probably the art for Silent Hill 2 on the PS2. So elegantly creepy!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic