Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 16,083

-Green-

Oh yeah. I think IGN said Hob reminded them a bit about Zelda when playing it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@Peek-a-boo: Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, Gravity Rush Remastered, Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian, The Witness, No Man's Sky, Firewatch, Rime, NieR: Automata, hopefully some DQ games and that's not even considering the games I'm not sure about; Just the games I'll definitely get. Add Zelda U, Star Fox, Twilight Princess HD, Pokkén Tournament and 2016 is going to be very expensive...

@Aromaiden: It definitely looks to be some sort of Zelda-esque adventure game.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Shinion

Yeah so after having looked a bit more at people's reactions to the FFVII episodic announcement I have lost whatever minuscule amount of respect I had for Sqaure-Enix. Jim Sterling has took no time at all in saying he called it, because he did many months ago, he pointed out that Sqaure Enix are a company that dream of having full control of the releases of their videogames, and would have in a perfect world every game to be episodic, cut up and sold out in parts.

If Life is Strange and the Deus Ex pre-order controversy along with the multiple part new Hitman game wasn't enough, they've gone and done it to the most anticipated game they've ever announced, and as I pointed out earlier, they've done it in the worst way possible, trying to announce the episodic part away from the limelight after already getting people's hopes up at E3 that this would be the game they wanted and asked for.

I've also read from 95% of comments that the game WILL be affected negatively by this design choice, people who've played and loved the original say that they're totally disappointed and put-out by this and I can only feel sorry for them. Screw Square-Enix, and let's hope their dream of videogames becoming like films such as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows & The Huger Games Mockingjay never comes to pass.

Shinion

shingi_70

@Peek-a-boo:

I wasnt expecting JRPGs to make such a big comeback and last gen with the expection a few games I mostly played WRPGs with JRPGS on my DS. Also I like Microsoft's first party stuff like Halo and Fable.

It isn't that big of a deal, my 3DS keeps me full on RPGs and between three systems I don't have much other time for games. Just glad these games have a home and seem.to be doing well.

I'm not sure about FFVII being a episodic game will.pan out.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Ryno

Although Square wouldn’t go into too many details—and they wouldn’t say how many episodes FFVII REMAKE will be—they did send over this statement:

It means instead of concluding in one entry, multiple entries are being considered in development. Each entry will have its own unique story. As a gaming experience, each entry will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game.

http://kotaku.com/sounds-like-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-wi...

I don't have a problem with their "episodic" approach. One of the "greatest games of all time" (in some people's opinions) is being remade. Good for Square Enix to "milk it" (not necessarily using this negatively) for all it's worth as long as they are all truly "full-sized."

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

MrGawain

I'm not really sure about the FF7 remake now. I ask myself: 'why did I love the last game?' Answer: 'I liked the story, the combat, and the feeling of being kept on track AND being able to deviate slightly to find all those little extra bits'.

Of the remake, I already know how the story plays out. The combat is going to be replaced with an action more similar to recent FF games, which I'm not so enthused by, and it's going to have an added sandbox type feel put onto it, which is all very well but could very likely cause a lot of time wasting as you wander everywhere with no real direction. I wonder if it's a bit like remade films where you replace the concise well choreographed, well shot action scenes and replace them with CGI explosion filled 360 camera jumbles? This remake is basically a reclassification of genre, and I wonder if that's why people don't feel as fondly to certain games made now as opposed to the past.

Well have to wait and see.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Ralizah

Good news! XSEED finally revealed the special edition for the NA release of Senran Kagura: Estival Versus!

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/07/senran-kagura-estival-ve...

"The Senran Kagura: Estival Versus Endless Summer box focuses on the series art. In addition to a copy of the PlayStation 4 or PlayStation Vita game, it also includes an art book and random set of 2.5” by 3.5” pin-up art cards featuring characters from Hanzo National Academy, Homura’s Crimson Squad, Hebijo Clandestine Girls’ Academy, or Gessen Girls’ Academy. It will also include a two-disc soundtrack with music from the game."

From what I remember reading, the cover art was designed especially for the game's NA release

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

The November NPD is quite interesting:

a) Over 1,540,000 PlayStation 4 sold, which is up 85% this time last year (mostly the $299 Uncharted Collection over the Black Friday period)
b) Somewhere between 1,230,000 and 1,280,000 Xbox One sold (mostly the $299 Gears of War Ultimate bundle along with a $60 gift card thrown in for nothing at places like Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Walmart and in Microsoft stores)
c) Rise of the Tomb Raider bombed, hard. The game did not feature anywhere near the top 10 software chart, and Just Dance 2016 ON THE WII (yes, that's the Wii, not Wii U) outsold it.
d) Sony continues to make a profit on every single PlayStation 4 they sell, even at $299. Microsoft on the other hand continues to sell at a loss, especially at $299.
e) The gap between the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in the US is over 1,100,000 and continues to widen. The gap between the two, worldwide, is between 16,000,000 - 17,000,000 and continues to widen.

Here's the top ten in full:

1.) Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
2.) Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
3.) Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
4.) Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
5.) NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
6.) FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
7.) Need For Speed (PS4, Xbox One)
8.) Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)
9.) Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
10.) Just Dance 2016 (Wii, Wii U, 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)

Peek-a-boo

SuperWiiU

Peek-a-boo wrote:

c) Rise of the Tomb Raider bombed, hard. The game did not feature anywhere near the top 10 software chart, and Just Dance 2016 ON THE WII (yes, that's the Wii, not Wii U) outsold it.

It's not surprising, Tomb Raider (2013, Definite Edition) sold by far the worst on Xbox One(PS4 sold 2.5 times better and the 360 original more than 4.5 times) and the Rise Of The TR sales are very close to it.

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: I don't take these things seriously personally, it doesn't include bundle sales & digital ones for the games, and with Microsoft refusing to disclose the exact number of Xboxs sold, any and all numbers are just guesswork and estimation. I also don't think it's a competition that I have a vested interest in despite (or perhaps because of) owning both, so those figures aren't 'interesting' to me in the slightest. It's exactly as I would've predicted in both hardware and software, and considering that I don't give the state of the game industry at this moment any credit at all, that is probably the exact opposite of interesting. Those games... Yucky, yuck-yuck :/

But yeah congrats where it's due to Sony, Activision, Bethesda, EA, Microsoft, Nintendo, Ubiosft and hell anyone who made a profit in the game industry in November. You're doing great guys, keep up the good work! I guess.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

You genuinely believe that those numbers are all 'guesswork'?

There is an NPD member out in the wild openly giving units sold in the US, and with Sony giving out their numbers as well as working out the MoM/YoY trends that Microsoft happily provides, the numbers I posted above are 95% accurate, give or take a few thousands here and there.

The lack digital sales is a shame though, but they are still low-ish compared to physical sales.

The games industry is also the healthiest it has been in a very long time so, I am not sure why you think the state of this industry isn't particularly good (on your behalf). If it is because Nintendo are not doing so great, then that's their problem unfortunately.

You may not find these sale figures interesting, but some folks do, and is an important (and interesting!) reflection on the state of the games industry as a whole.

Peek-a-boo

Gamer83

I actually find the whole digital vs. physical argument to be fascinating. Especially since it never gets brought up if it could possibly benefit Sony. When Yoshi's Woolly World, a new game, outsold the Uncharted Collection, three old games that each previously sold over 3 million copies so have already been played by a lot of people, I just saw a lot of cheering but not the 'well digital sales are higher than ever and we don't know what they are for Uncharted' argument. However when Halo sales prove to be at an all-time low for a mainline entry in the franchise (and yes they are at all-time low, anybody with a brain knows why MS has been mostly quiet on this front and very careful with wording to make sales seem better), or Forza Motorsport 6 fails to chart all I see is 'we don't know digital sales.' I've even seen that argument used for Nintendo games. So I have to ask, why do digital sales factor in for MS and Nintendo but Sony? Kind of hypocritical.

Gamer83

WebHead

Great sales month for Sony. I have a feeling 2016 is going to be the highest hardware sales year in PlayStation history.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Gamer83

@WebHead:
I could see it going either way. Next year should be the PS4's best in terms of exclusives, and because of that, best lineup it's had yet but at the same time the sales have been so fast you have to imagine, just like for the Wii last gen, sales momentum will slow down a bit at some point. I'm just glad it appears that the console is finally going to get some real top notch exclusives.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

WebHead

@Gamer83: truly but there's really nothing that suggests that will happen next year. I wouldn't expect a big drop in momentum until 2018.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Peek-a-boo

Gamer83 wrote:

Next year is arguably the PS4's best in terms of exclusives, and because of that, at the same time the sales have been so fast you have to imagine, just like for the Wii last gen, sales momentum will slow down a bit at some point.

I think we need to talk about Gran Turismo Sport.

That series is absolutely enormous in Europe, especially in Germany, to the point that those who have yet to purchase a PlayStation 4 may highly likely buy one when the game is available later next year some time, or perhaps earlier if a (persuasive) beta is available.

Whenever a Gran Turismo game comes out, the hardware sales always go spiralling upwards for that duration of time, and if all the countries in Europe can buy a Gran Turismo Sport bundle for €299, it shall do very, very well indeed.

I also think Uncharted 4: A Thief's End will do very, very well too. Each mainline Uncharted game sells better than the one before.

Peek-a-boo

SuperWiiU

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I think we need to talk about Gran Turismo Sport.

That series is absolutely enormous in Europe, especially in Germany, to the point that those who have yet to purchase a PlayStation 4 may highly likely buy one when the game is available later next year some time, or perhaps earlier if a (persuasive) beta is available.

Whenever a Gran Turismo game comes out, the hardware sales always go spiralling upwards for that duration of time, and if all the countries in Europe can buy a Gran Turismo Sport bundle for €299, it shall do very, very well indeed.

But you have to take into account GT Sport is more like a prologue game than a full Gran Turismo (GT7 is coming later) and the previous GT's on PS3 were disappointing so it might attract less hardware sales than on the previous generations.

Peach64

So the rumours of Kojima working exclusively for Sony were true:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kojima-productions-sony-hideo-kojima...

What I find interesting is they're saying PS4 specifically. I think Konami probably owns the Fox Engine, which means he's starting over from scratch. That would mean the game could easily be 4 years away, maybe even more. I'd have thought people would be looking forward to the PS5 by that point.

Peach64

Peek-a-boo

Awesome news!

He and Mark Cerny are good friends, and he has always has good support from Sony. It is also where his games sells best too.

Going to be a long wait, but I am sure it shall be worth it. The new logo looks great:

Untitled

p.s. Kojima's new game is also coming out on PC even though Sony is the publisher! It also begs the question; why is it that Sony supports the PC better than Microsoft currently does?

Street Fighter V is another good example of allowing the game to be on both PC and PlayStation 4 despite being published and funded by Sony themselves.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

Still waiting for Konami's official statement on the matter and their explanation of why they lied and them thanking Kojima for all he has done for them and then giving him their best wishes for the future. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting...

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic