Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 16,083

SCRAPPER392

TysonOfTime wrote:

Dear Gog this thread is painful to read through.

Anyways, Is this a bad thing? I assume it's a bad thing.

@Bankai
You know, I'm very interested in the PS4, but every time you say "Social Innovations!" I feel... unsure.

I... tolerate Miiverse because it's a contained thing, and it's more of a feature, but in the PS4... it's a focus? Maybe I'm not grasping this entirely, I wasn't able to watch the stream, I had to read up on the stuff during it.

I think it is. I'm definitely not getting one now. I understand why you guys hate digital now. PS messed up digital to the core. Looks like account sharing was a bad idea. You guys are pissed about Wii U emulating Wii, PS3 basically emulated everything not on disc. The only component in PS3 that did anything was the memory and laser. I wasted my money on PS3 stuff. Crap.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jaz007

Ok, so just rewatched the trailer for inFamous second sons and saw it without the incredible choppiness of the web steam and now I'm hyped. It was so awesome.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

TysonOfTime

Jaz007 wrote:

Ok, so just rewatched the trailer for inFamous second sons and saw it without the incredible choppiness of the web steam and now I'm hyped. It so awesome.

I didn't own a PS3, but I loved what I played of inFamous. If Sony manages to convince me to go with the PS4 for my second console, this is a definite buy.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Dear Gog this thread is painful to read through.

Anyways, Is this a bad thing? I assume it's a bad thing.

@Bankai
You know, I'm very interested in the PS4, but every time you say "Social Innovations!" I feel... unsure.

I... tolerate Miiverse because it's a contained thing, and it's more of a feature, but in the PS4... it's a focus? Maybe I'm not grasping this entirely, I wasn't able to watch the stream, I had to read up on the stuff during it.

I think it is. I'm definitely not getting one now. I understand why you guys hate digital now. PS messed up digital to the core. Looks like account sharing was a bad idea. You guys are pissed about Wii U emulating Wii, PS3 basically emulated everything not on disc. The only component in PS3 that did anything was the memory and laser. I wasted my money on PS3 stuff. Crap.

We get it man you don't like Sony and are a big minute do fanboy.

Also can you calm down about trying to defend Wii U's crappy account system. You do realize that Sony is working on Backwards compatibility through Gaikai and you would be able to stream past PSN purchases right.

Also there is a huge difference in not being able to transfer content between WiiU's and going from too completely different hardware set ups.(cell to X86)

I'm personally disappointed that there won't be any native BC for PSN content but I expected with all of the rumors about the move from cell.

Love the the new marketing campaign that Sony showed yesterday.

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

New_3DaSh_XL

I'm interested in seeing what the PS4 can do... not gonna get one because 0 of the games interested me, but it looks like this has already started being OMG PS4 IS SO AWESOME WII U SUCKS!!1!11!

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
I like Sony's TVs and A/V products. My Sony receiver has my Wii U and PS3 hooked up right now.
This confirms me keeping my Wii U and getting an Xbox later. Even Xbox 360 didn't have account sharing, and now I see why.
PS is basically like holding the server in your hands, but not having the hardware to use it.
I'm just glad I only have to get 2 consoles instead of 3, saving me a $1000 right off the bat.

Qwest

Amigaengine

nice but to be honest the youtube, facebook stuff didnt do anything for me. I dont get the whole social aspect of this and the last generation

The things I do like are the same things I like about PS3, PS+ and some of the Sony exclusives but would be hard pressed to spend another 700+ dollars (system/controllers/games) based on what they showed last nite.

Amigaengine

New_3DaSh_XL

Yeah... I really don't get the whole FaceBook thing. Forums, MiiVerse, Email, and occasionally chatboxes is the farthest I'll go with Social Networking. And the thing about MiiVerse is, it doesn't overlap on gameplay, so when I'm playing a game I'm play a game, not "playing" on a social network.

8 Bit Forward

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
I like Sony's TVs and A/V products. My Sony receiver has my Wii U and PS3 hooked up right now.
This confirms me keeping my Wii U and getting an Xbox later. Even Xbox 360 didn't have account sharing, and now I see why.
PS is basically like holding the server in your hands, but not having the hardware to use it.
I'm just glad I only have to get 2 consoles instead of 3, saving me a $1000 right off the bat.

What do you mean account sharing?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Amigaengine

3Dash wrote:

Yeah... I really don't get the whole FaceBook thing. Forums, MiiVerse, Email, and occasionally chatboxes is the farthest I'll go with Social Networking. And the thing about MiiVerse is, it doesn't overlap on gameplay, so when I'm playing a game I'm play a game, not "playing" on a social network.

This whole social aspect actually just gives me the creeps That goes for any console or medium, do not want anyone or any company following me around in my real life or while gaming.

Amigaengine

SCRAPPER392

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70

You can have the same account on 2 consoles at once. Xbox and Nintendo basically had the same account transfer method, and Microsoft's servers apparently are better than Sony's. Microsoft makes you void a console to use another one using the same account, except it allows you to use the internet to do so without needing hardware currently present like Nintendo. I still don't like paying for Xbox Live, but it turns out that Xbox is better. It just took the announcement of PS4 to realize that.

Qwest

irken004

Who cares what the PS4 looks like when we got to see the new controller. That's all I was really concerned with. That and a new Killzone release.

Reala

Still sad we didn't get a presentation from konami oh well deep down from capcom looked amazing.

Reala

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70

You can have the same account on 2 consoles at once. Xbox and Nintendo basically had the same account transfer method, and Microsoft's servers apparently are better than Sony's. Microsoft makes you void a console to use another one using the same account, except it allows you to use the internet to do so without needing hardware currently present like Nintendo. I still don't like paying for Xbox Live, but it turns out that Xbox is better. It just took the announcement of PS4 to realize that.

That's only true to an extent. You can have up to five consoles linked to. Single account, the only thing is one of those accounts is toed to the actual licences. The other accounts can use your downloaded software but as long as your connected to live.

I have two boxes, one phone, and two PCs connected to my current Xbox/Microsoft account all logged in at the same time,

The PS3 works in the same way as this so I'm not really sure what your talking about.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

If you dont have internet, this will basically put you back in time to PS1. I'm assuming Xbox 1080 will set the new standard that Nintendo will be able to adapt to, and PS4 will get left behind when all is said and done.

Qwest

6ch6ris6

Amigaengine wrote:

3Dash wrote:

This whole social aspect actually just gives me the creeps That goes for any console or medium, do not want anyone or any company following me around in my real life or while gaming.

yeah me too. i hate all this "social"-media crap. it's like "1984" for gaming. people don't even realize that they loose privacy more and more

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

SCRAPPER392

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70

That's only true to an extent. You can have up to five consoles linked to. Single account, the only thing is one of those accounts is toed to the actual licences. The other accounts can use your downloaded software but as long as your connected to live.

I have two boxes, one phone, and two PCs connected to my current Xbox/Microsoft account all logged in at the same time,

The PS3 works in the same way as this so I'm not really sure what your talking about.

They changed it from 5 to 2. I know, because I have a PS3.
The games are the only things they won't let you transfer around when it comes to Xbox. You can share media like you said, but those aren't hardware reliant. You can run music and movies without a powerful computer. There's a such thing as DVD, Bluray, and CD players that don't need a processor to run.
PS4 is basically using it's processor and computer power to run a bluray.

Qwest

New_3DaSh_XL

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Amigaengine wrote:

3Dash wrote:

yeah me too. i hate all this "social"-media crap. it's like "1984" for gaming. people don't even realize that they loose privacy more and more

It's not that I'm 100% against social networking I'm on a forum at this moment, case in point. And every once in a while I'll look around MiiVerse, but being connected 24/7 is not something I look for in games.

Edited on by New_3DaSh_XL

8 Bit Forward

FOREST_RANGER

@SCAR392 May I ask what exactly you are disappointed with, for both the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4?

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

SCRAPPER392

FOREST_RANGER wrote:

@SCAR392 May I ask what exactly you are disappointed with, for both the Playstation 3 and Playstation 4?

Sorry. Well, it's internet reliant which is a deal breaker. You think Nintendo having no internet was bad, just watch and see an internet reliant system go horrible. There's basically nothing you can do on this system without internet. No internet, no system.
This system just looks like temporary relief to me.

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic