Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 16,084

Haru17

Octane wrote:

Anyone seen this? It's made by PlatinumGames and that's all I need to know.

What you should also notice is—like most recent Platinum games—it has the breadth of all of two square rooms. Frankly, I think it's time for Platinum to stop announcing games. Their fragmented focus is producing a lot of meh games instead of some great Okami / Bayonetta tour-de-forces.

But ignoring that;
-I love the music.
-The animation looks great.
-The game looks like it has a great sense of momentum with the huge, Shadow of the Colossus-like enemies.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

It feels so dang good to own a console with JRPGS and western 3rd party support. Just AMAZING!!! The next 5 PS4 games I'm buying are a mix of JRPGS and Western games!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Octane

@Haru17: I've yet to play a bad game by PlatinumGames. I know that their licensed games for Activision have been more of a miss than a hit, especially for The Legend of Korra, but on average I think they're producing pretty solid games every time. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for this game.

@DiscoGentleman: It is. It didn't really catch my attention back at E3, but this trailer looks more promising.

Octane

Haru17

Octane wrote:

I've yet to play a bad game by PlatinumGames. I know that their licensed games for Activision have been more of a miss than a hit, especially for The Legend of Korra, but on average I think they're producing pretty solid games every time. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for this game.

I guess..., but there's too many middling games out there to waste your time on. If it's not a good or great game then what's even the point?

Peek-a-boo

Platinum Games have made the following:

Viewtiful Joe
Okami
God Hand (incredibly underrated!)
Bayonetta
MadWorld
Vanquish
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2

And most recently, Transformers: Devastation, which fans of the franchise deem to be the best one for years.

Where are these 'middling' games you speak of?!

They are arguably one of the best developers on Earth, with a very diverse cluster of genres too. The only game I didn't particularly enjoy quite as much as the others was MadWorld due to the repetitive commentary and the equally repetitive gameplay, although it was still very good fun to play in short bursts.

Peek-a-boo

SuperWiiU

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Viewtiful Joe
Okami
Bayonetta
MadWorld
Vanquish
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2

Why do you include games not by Platinum(it's made by some of the same people, but not Platinum), but leave out Anarchy Reigns?

Peek-a-boo

Clover Studio (Viewtiful Joe, Okami and God Hand) was abolished by Capcom so, former Clover Studio staff created their very own development studio that is known today as Platinum Games. They are the same developers under a new name. That's it.

I seem to have forgotten just one game, do pardon me. I believe it was some kind of riotous multiplayer game, was it not?

The long short of it is this - Clover Studio and Platinum Games have not made 'too many middling games' in any shape or form. There's a reason why their new games generate a lot of excitement in this industry. They have also got the upcoming sequel to NieR, a new IP in Scalebound as well as helping (or saving) Nintendo out with Star Fox Zero in development.

Talk about being in high demand!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Blast

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Viewtiful Joe
Okami
Bayonetta
MadWorld
Vanquish
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2

And most recently, Transformers: Devastation, which fans of the franchise deem to be the best one for years.

They are arguably one of the best developers on Earth, with a very diverse cluster of genres too. The only game I didn't particularly enjoy quite as much as the others was MadWorld due to the repetitive commentary and the equally repetitive gameplay, although it was still very good fun to play in short bursts.

Tsk, tsk. Atlus is one of the best developers, man. Until Platinum Games makes a great turn based JRPG... Atlus continues to wear the crown.

Master of the Hype Train

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

Octane wrote:

I've yet to play a bad game by PlatinumGames. I know that their licensed games for Activision have been more of a miss than a hit, especially for The Legend of Korra, but on average I think they're producing pretty solid games every time. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for this game.

I guess..., but there's too many middling games out there to waste your time on. If it's not a good or great game then what's even the point?

I think that's just a matter of opinion then. I wouldn't call most of their games ''middling'', and they have a pretty amazing track record in my opinion, so anything they announce is worth paying attention to.

Octane

Gamer83

@Peek-a-boo:
You're doing it wrong, man. This is Nintendo Life, the only good game Platinum has ever made according to this website is Bayonetta 2.

Gamer83

Ralizah

Just Persona, SMT, and EO alone are enough to put Atlus near the top of my favorite developers list.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

SuperWiiU

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Clover Studio (Viewtiful Joe, Okami and God Hand) was abolished by Capcom so, former Clover Studio staff created their very own development studio that is known today as Platinum Games. They are the same developers under a new name. That's it.

I seem to have forgotten just one game, do pardon me. I believe it was some kind of riotous multiplayer game, was it not?

Some of the same developers, not the exact same team and so shouldn't be mentioned as developed by Platinum.
Anarchy Reigns is a sequel to MadWorld and though multiplayer is one of its major features, the single player is great too.

Blast

Does anybody have Onechanbara or Akiba on PS4??? They're both JRPGS.

Master of the Hype Train

Tasuki

Gamer83 wrote:

@Peek-a-boo:
You're doing it wrong, man. This is Nintendo Life, the only good game Platinum has ever made according to this website is Bayonetta 2.

Sad but true.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Haru17

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Everything they do with Activision. Don't deny or try to rationalize it; those games aren't worth anyone's time.

Oh, and also Scalebound looked spectacularly 'meh' to me. The demo they showed was just a big, dull, loose hotbox-having sandbox.

Peek-a-boo

Haru17 wrote:

Everything they do with Activision. Don't deny or try to rationalize it; those games aren't worth anyone's time.

That would have saved a lot of time if you had just said these words in the first place!

Those might be the slightly 'middling' games you speak of, although Transformers: Devastation would disagree with you, but not their other (brilliant) games, no way.

As for Scalebound, it didn't look particularly compelling at Gamescom back in August however, the game is coming out next summer so, time - a whole year - is on their side.

Peek-a-boo

SuperWiiU

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Those might be the slightly 'middling' games you speak of, although Transformers: Devastation would disagree with you, but not their other (brilliant) games, no way.

Doesn't that just leave one game, which is just a small licensed digital-only title(licensed games by Activision are usually guaranteed to be absolutely awful, so considering Platinum did a great job to make it 'middling'). It's hardly worth mentioning if you're not a fan of the series.

veeflames

Tasuki wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

@Peek-a-boo:

Sad but true.

Care to elaborate why you think so?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Tasuki

@VeeFlamesNL: Yeah and derail the thread just cause some people can't handle the truth, yeah not going there. I will let you figure it out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SuperWiiU

Tasuki wrote:

@VeeFlamesNL: Yeah and derail the thread just cause some people can't handle the truth, yeah not going there. I will let you figure it out.

But when did "this website" decide the only good Platinum game is Bayonetta 2?

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic