Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 16,083

Tasuki

Blast wrote:

mookysam wrote:

@Blast: Enjoy those games FFX HD looks so lovely. They made further improvements for the PS4 version that really make it sparkle. You seem to like Japanese RPGs and there will be lots of them coming out.

Yes, sir. I love Japanese RPGS aka JRPGS. I plan on buying even more in the near future. This site isn't really fulfilling the need to talk to other Playstation 4 owners... I might leave or something. My focus on Nintendo has really got shot down since I got a PS4. I'm still hyped about a few Wii U games but that's it.

You can always do what I do come here for Nintendo discussions and go over to www.pushsquare.com for Playstation. It's has the same lay out as NL and your login info will work there as well, but it is NL sister site as well.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ralizah

@Tasuki: Unfortunately, the forum at pushsquare.com is almost dead.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Blast

Tasuki wrote:

Blast wrote:

mookysam wrote:

@Blast: Enjoy those games FFX HD looks so lovely. They made further improvements for the PS4 version that really make it sparkle. You seem to like Japanese RPGs and there will be lots of them coming out.

Yes, sir. I love Japanese RPGS aka JRPGS. I plan on buying even more in the near future. This site isn't really fulfilling the need to talk to other Playstation 4 owners... I might leave or something. My focus on Nintendo has really got shot down since I got a PS4. I'm still hyped about a few Wii U games but that's it.

You can always do what I do come here for Nintendo discussions and go over to www.pushsquare.com for Playstation. It's has the same lay out as NL and your login info will work there as well, but it is NL sister site as well.

Hmmmm OK!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Oh and please forgive all the stupid comments I made about the PS4 before actually owning one. This console is top notch. Just wow!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Haru17 wrote:

boughten

Oh, Jesus.

Oh, god.

Just kill me already 0_0

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

Ralizah wrote:

@Tasuki: Unfortunately, the forum at pushsquare.com is almost dead.

I'm gonna start posting on PushSquare more often.

Master of the Hype Train

Haruki_NLI

Well, it's been a good few weeks, but I can now post my thoughts, for the most part, about this large rhombus shaped box. Note this is a critique of the PS4, not it's library

Pros

• Live Streams: I like it. Helps me manage YouTube content while my capture card derps about.
  • Speed: It's certainly a fast console. I can slide along and get to a game, or have it loaded up once I've logged into my account. And the PSStore doesn't crash.
  • Share Button: My Facebook is now an image sharing ground, because of all the stupid glitch related crap that pops up frequently in games. I love it.
  • Local Multiplayer: I haven't played online once yet, but local has been a blast with some games, or even backseat gaming.

Cons

• Folders?: Anyone want to explain how Sony could omit something the PS3 did? Or the competition does? Yes it's a fast system but due to mandatory installs and how the system auto-organises, this is becoming a real pain to locate things.
  • Subscriptions: I don't like paying for online I don't use. But it's there. Otherwise other issues pop up. And with the PSN issues like downtime and general meh of the overall network and its features, like Communities, that money isn't being well spent.
  • Charging: I can't fathom why the Dualshock 4 needs a unique charger. It's an additional cost when two controllers are being used at once.
  • Controllers: Price. Price. Price. Good lord.
  • External HDD support: Again, why omit this feature? What is the point? With the way games are going you'll need a 100GB to even install it with the patches.
  • Remote Play: Neat idea. Poor execution. It streams really well, from what I've seen, but playing Arkham Knight, which requires 4 shoulder buttons, and having to use a touch pad you cant see because it's on the back to compensate for something like acceleration, just makes the feature ultimately worthless.

Yes, the PS4, thus far, has been "Meh" overall. It's a good secondary console and the library is good. Just wish Sony would stop half-assing it.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

WebHead

@Blast: yeah the system is really hitting its stride now. I think I've been too critical in the past. I've never bought a system so early before.

Enjoying tales of zestiria currently.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Peek-a-boo

Volcanox wrote:

Cons

• Folders?: Anyone want to explain how Sony could omit something the PS3 did?.

No complaints there; folders and a simple manner of organisation are long overdue.

Volcanox wrote:

• Subscriptions: I don't like paying for online I don't use. But it's there. Otherwise other issues pop up. And with the PSN issues like downtime and general meh of the overall network and its features, like Communities, that money isn't being well spent.

You don't like paying for something you don't use?

That begs the question: why did you buy it in the first place? You do not need PS+ to play your games. The three or four 'free' games a month is good enough for me!

Volcanox wrote:

• Charging: I can't fathom why the DualShock 4 needs a unique charger. It's an additional cost when two controllers are being used at once.

Maybe you could buy a cheap micro-USB cable? There's no pressure in having to purchase the charging cradle. It is just there for those who find it to be a convenience to charge a couple of pads on the go.

Volcanox wrote:

• Controllers: Price. Price. Price. Good lord.

The Wii U Pro controller is $50, the Xbox One controller is $60 and the PlayStation 4 controller is also $60.

They are all the same price except the $10 difference for the less technical Wii U Pro controller.

Volcanox wrote:

• External HDD support: Again, why omit this feature? What is the point? With the way games are going you'll need a 100GB to even install it with the patches.

Because it is surprisingly easy - and tidier - to plonk a hard drive size (1TB, 2TB or more) of your choice inside the PlayStation 4 itself.

I think they'll implement the feature somewhere down the line, but it doesn't take long to replace the standard hard drive with a bigger one inside the console itself, much to my surprise.

Volcanox wrote:

• Remote Play: Neat idea. Poor execution. It streams really well, from what I've seen, but playing Arkham Knight, which requires 4 shoulder buttons, and having to use a touch pad you cannot see because it's on the back to compensate for something like acceleration, just makes the feature ultimately worthless.

Some games work well, others don't. It is a nice idea, I agree, but the dependency of the number of buttons make or break this particular feature.

My complaints with the PS4 are less nitpicky, and more so on the 'long overdue' side of things such as:

To choose to appear 'offline', custom backgrounds, deleting betas/demos and even PS+ games from your library, a notification for when your friend(s) pop online, to be able to change avatars and your PSN ID, to buy PSone and PS2 classics as well as FOLDERS!

The most recent 3.0 update with communities and stickers was rather disappointing...

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

Apparently Sony is sending out email surveys to certain users inquiring about what they'd like to see in future system updates. PS1/PS2 Classics compatibility options are on the list.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo: I didn't list them as long overdue because well....I buy it almost two years in, so not knowing it's considered overdue makes it more wtf sony

mookysam

@Volcanox: Why do you have PS+? You don't need it to use the console's online features, only online multiplayer. :-s I don't have it and don't feel I'm missing something.

I charge my controllers in rest mode - you can set how long power is supplied to the USB ports when the system is resting. I don't typically like to do that but is is convenient if the controllers are out of battery. All you need is a micro-usb cable.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Haruki_NLI

@mookysam: I have PS+ for one reason. PS fans kept saying it was a good deal. And I suppose, after enough time, it is. That and the PS4 for some reason refused to skip past that step on start-up so I went for 3 months to try it.

Blast

WebHead wrote:

@Blast: yeah the system is really hitting its stride now. I think I've been too critical in the past. I've never bought a system so early before.

Enjoying tales of zestiria currently.

PS4 is great, man!!! I keep hearing that Tales of Z is good. I'm gonna check it out.

Master of the Hype Train

Tasuki

@mookysam: I have a PS+ subscription and I don't play games online (well with the exception of Rocket League). The savings you get from the PSN store on select games and the free games every month makes it worth having IMO.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Peek-a-boo

I pay £39 a year for PS+ and that's what? £3.25 a month - less than the price of a pint, where I live.

I have already played - and enjoyed - the likes of:

The Binding of Issac: Rebirth
Broken Age
CounterSpy
flOw and Flower
Grow Home
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Hohokum
inFAMOUS: First Light (a surprisingly hefty and separate expansion to Second Son)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (a full retail game)
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
LIMBO
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Never Alone
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood
Rocket League (best multiplayer game in ages!)
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
SteamWorld Dig
Super Meat Boy
Super Time Force Ultra
The Swapper
Transistor (arguably the best indie game on the PlayStation 4)
The Unfinshed Swan
Valiant Hearts: The Great War

And my years subscription is still going, right up until December.

Whether you like half of those games or not, £3.25 (or $4) a month is ridiculously good value, and that list above doesn't even include the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita games!

Peek-a-boo

mookysam

@Tasuki: The savings are not as good in Europe and I am not really fussed about the free games because I'd honestly never get round to playing them. My backlog is huge from things I've bought over the years. I know lots of people do get value from it and that's great

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Haru17

WiLD = Sony won.

Octane

@Haru17: Nah, definitely not. Horizon Zero Dawn is the clear winner.

Octane

Haru17

Octane wrote:

Nah, definitely not. Horizon Zero Dawn is the clear winner.

That's not what I was saying...

Anyway, that same E3 demo of Horizon looks good and WiLD looks really cool!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic