Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 16,084

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah wrote:

People complain about the tank battles, but I actually really liked them.

The first couple of tank battles were perfectly fine, and I somewhat enjoyed them however, putting actual DC villains inside those Cobra tanks and labelling them as 'boss fights' is both underwhelming and repetitive.

Thinking about it, you do not 'fight' any of the baddies except for Professor Pyg and Two Face, although the latter was more of an arena fight (in the bank) than anything. The most disappointing boss was Deathstroke; he is a hand-to-hand combatant character, and you don't even go anywhere near him!

I like everything about Arkham Knight gameplay wise, but not the desire to plonk the baddies inside a tank and call it a day.

p.s. Ta very much for the avatar explanation Ryu. I thought the moving image had a music video vibe about it. Enjoy your new toy!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

Octane wrote:

I've always heard a lot of good things about Uncharted and The Last of Us. Think I have to see what they're all about some day.

Play Last of Us Remastered first. It has the best story of the bunch.

I don't really care about the story if the game itself is an interactive movie. I hope that's not the case for The Last of Us...

Octane

Haru17

Octane wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Octane wrote:

I've always heard a lot of good things about Uncharted and The Last of Us. Think I have to see what they're all about some day.

Play Last of Us Remastered first. It has the best story of the bunch.

I don't really care about the story if the game itself is an interactive movie. I hope that's not the case for The Last of Us...

Interactive movie? There's a few different types of games that rhetoric can refer to.

All of Naughty Dog's recent games see the player playing through a section, watching a cutscene, then playing more, watching a cutscene, etc with incidental dialogue in between. And at least The Last of Us is great, so there's that.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Peek-a-boo

This is one of the best adverts for a videogame in ages!

Talk about playing on our childhood memories; nostalgia is a very strong thing indeed.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

#manchildholiday #2015

SuperWiiU

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Talk about playing on our childhood memories; nostalgia is a very strong thing indeed.

Childhood memories? Did you do any one of those things? Cause I sure didn't.

The only trailer-featured actions I did as a kid are the grown up ones, breaking a window and flying an X-Wing.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Jazzer94

@Peek-a-boo: I did pretty much none of those things (except Halloween and play fights) and that trailer makes it seem like flying is a huge part of the game when it isn't.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Peek-a-boo

@Jazzer94: There's a dedicated multiplayer mode for the vehicles - both on land and in the air - so, the advert isn't wrong per se.

I just think it is a great advert in its own right with a helping of nostalgia, Star Wars and childhood memories all rolled into one, whether those childhood memories relates to you or not!

The Force is indeed strong with PlayStation.

Peek-a-boo

Tasuki

FYI a few games have received permanent price drops on the NA PSN store. The following games are now $19.99

Knack
The Order
InFamous Second Son
Little Big Planet
Killzone

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Peek-a-boo

[looks on the UK store]

Nope, all five are still full price! Typical.

The Order: 1886, whilst short and has very little replay value, is such a spectacular looking game - probably the best on these new consoles - that you almost don't mind the slow start and the rather linear hand-holdy nature of the game.

inFAMOUS is arguably the best out of those five titles though. LittleBigPlanet 3 is great, but I played so much of the first one that I feel a little bit burnt out by the formula. I don't think it did quite as well, commercially, as the first two either.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Blast

I FINALLY BOUGHT A PS4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This console is sooo dang good!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

SuperWiiU wrote:

Blast wrote:

How can you tell when you've just got it. :/

My money's on Metal Gear.

Blast

SuperWiiU wrote:

Blast wrote:

How can you tell when you've just got it. :/

Are you joking with that question?! Hahahahaha PS4 is amazing. Fast, user friendly, and I'm having fun with my games.

Master of the Hype Train

Peek-a-boo

@Blast: Fancy telling us what games you chose to buy with your new toy?

Glad you are enjoying it! I think a PlayStation 4 compliments the Wii U perfectly well. I got tired of waiting six months between releases on the Wii U so, I purchase myself a PS4 last winter and I haven't looked back since.

Peek-a-boo

Blast

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@Blast: Fancy telling us what games you chose to buy with your new toy?

Glad you are enjoying it! I think a PlayStation 4 compliments the Wii U perfectly well. I got tired of waiting six months between releases on the Wii U so, I purchase myself a PS4 last winter and I haven't looked back since.

I got Type-O HD with FF XV: Episode Duscae. Nathan Drake Collection and FF X and X-2 HD! PS4 is awesome!

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Blast wrote:

I got Type-O HD with FF XV: Episode Duscae. Nathan Drake Collection and FF X and X-2 HD! PS4 is awesome!

So far you have bought LITERALLY ONLY remasters XD. Get Last of Us HD next if you haven't already played it.

Edited on by Haru17

mookysam

@Blast: Enjoy those games FFX HD looks so lovely. They made further improvements for the PS4 version that really make it sparkle. You seem to like Japanese RPGs and there will be lots of them coming out.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

So far you have boughten LITERALLY ONLY remasters XD. Get Last of Us HD next if you haven't already played it.

I've never experienced any of those games so I'm glad they got remasters. I'm getting J Stars, Tales of Zestiria, Dragonball Z Xenoberse, and Deception IV next.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

mookysam wrote:

@Blast: Enjoy those games FFX HD looks so lovely. They made further improvements for the PS4 version that really make it sparkle. You seem to like Japanese RPGs and there will be lots of them coming out.

Yes, sir. I love Japanese RPGS aka JRPGS. I plan on buying even more in the near future. This site isn't really fulfilling the need to talk to other Playstation 4 owners... I might leave or something. My focus on Nintendo has really got shot down since I got a PS4. I'm still hyped about a few Wii U games but that's it.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic