Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 16,083

MisterMan

I've liked what I've played so far in Arkham Knight. I just got my PS4 a couple of weeks ago. I bought Arkham Knight and Bloodborne and right now I'm pretty much just playing Bloodborne. I do like the Batmobile a lot and I'm looking forward to devoting more time to it after Bloodborne. It does feel like a more fully realized Arkham City

MisterMan

Ralizah

Arkham Knight's story is great, aside from it being obvious who the AK really is and the last act pulling its punches with regard to certain plot points. Nevertheless, it has a darker and more compelling tone compared to the overt weirdness of Arkham City's plot. I especially like the Joker bit near the end. Very creepy.

Am I the only person who doesn't care about Riddler trophies?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haru17

But what was the point to it? Who even cares whether 1980s tough-on-crime conservative icon defeats the baddies or not. There's always baddies and gruff dudes in video games; there has to be some deeper meaning or it all blurs together.

AK Batman might as well have been a bad dude who saved the president for all that it mattered.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tasuki

@MrGawain: Don't hold your breath for a new Suikoden game, unless you are hoping for a pachinko machine since Konami owns the Suikoden IP.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah wrote:

It is not so much about caring about finding and completing all 250-odd Riddler trophies, it is the fact that the so-called 'true ending' is locked behind doing them all.

Am I going to waste however many, many tedious hours of my life by pursuing them all, or shall I pop onto YouTube and watch the surprisingly short (extra) ending in 0.002% of the time it would take?

The latter way is the road I took, and I would have been overwhelmingly GUTTED if I had done all of those Riddler trophies, only to watch THAT ending. The reward is absolutely not worth anybody's time.

On another subject altogether, I decided to play Until Dawn after failing to motivate myself to play a game post-Star Wars Battlefront beta and I am not only enjoying the game, but the character models are eerily real. Almost TOO real!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo: I though you can activate Knightfall without Riddler. I haven't beaten him but have the option he is the last one my list. Weird.

Also...wow bosses are disappointing again.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Peek-a-boo

Nah, you have to find and complete every single Riddler trophy to not only defeat the Riddler himself (in a boss battle), but to activate this Knightfall malarky to unlock and watch the 'true ending'.

The bosses - or Cobra tank battle no. 77 to be more precise - are terrible. It's funny really; the supposedly weakest Arkham game, Origins, actually has the best bosses in the entire series, and that game wasn't made by Rocksteady.

Asylum will always be the highlight however, Origins, especially within its snowy Christmas setting, is undeserving in its initial lukewarm reception. It's my second favourite of the series and the story is more subtle - as well as an abundance of fan service - than the ho-hum anticlimax that Arkham Knight is.

Once Arkham Knight was over, I shrugged my shoulders and moved onto the next game.

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo: I've already unlocked the option to activate Knightfall though. :/ Not sure what's going on there then.

Peek-a-boo

@Volcanox: You will be able to activate Knightfall to a certain extent, but not to its fullest in order to unlock the 'true ending'. I ended up on 88% or something as I only did 42 (out of 250-odd) Riddler trophies.

You'll see what I mean when the time comes!

Peek-a-boo

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo: I'm sorry, what? They pull a classic Konami "X amount of the ending on lower difficulties beat Expert mode for the whole thing"?

What the flying fudgecicles is that BS?

Gamer83

@Volcanox:
Yup, you have to waste massive amounts of time to get the 'true' ending. Don't bother. Even if AK was as good as Asylum or City, which it's not, it still wouldn't be worth the hassle. The real ending is extremely lame.

Gamer83

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp I had some extra money from my birthday so I bought a Ps4 and a few games (DQ, infamous, TLOU, and Onechanbara) got puyo pop tetris and yakuza ishin preordered for the price drops.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Peek-a-boo

@Ryu_Niiyama: You have got hours upon hours of happy gaming to look forward to!

You chose a nice variety of games too. If this is your first time playing The Last of Us, then I consider you to be lucky in being able to play the 'tidied up' version of the game! I thoroughly hope you enjoy what is arguably one of the best games in the past decade.

p.s. Going a little bit off topic, but what is going on 'in' your avatar? Is it a Japanese music video, or perhaps a television programme?

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

On a complete whim, I decided to buy the Uncharted Collection after seeing the surprisingly excellent advert at the cinema when I went to see 'The Martian' a couple of nights ago. Naughty Dog are a special kind of wizards in being able to come up with the goods by working around the woefully poor 256MB of RAM on the PlayStation 3:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Uncharted 4 is going to be the absolutely pinnacle of visuals on these next-generation consoles, come next Spring.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo: I've always heard a lot of good things about Uncharted and The Last of Us. Think I have to see what they're all about some day.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

@Peek-a-boo: Haha! Your screenshots reminded me that I bought the uncharted bundle as well. I tend to wait until I have at least 5 games before jumping into a non nintendo system because my tastes are all over the place and as such I usually end up waiting a bit between releases...keeps the buyer's remorse away. I'm considering until dawn because of the unique beyond two souls/heavy rain -esque story telling (and the fact that I hate Grant Ward from agents of shield and any excuse to torture an effigy of him I'm in). However I've got a few games to beat first!

As for my avatar it is Perfume, a Jpop group. I've always used a Pefume avatar here but I like this one because it shows all three members with no clipping. The gif is from one of their tours...Just camera angles of each one during the song. As you will note by my signature and profile I'm a big fan.

I'm hoping to get some game time in after work on Sunday.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

It is not so much about caring about finding and completing all 250-odd Riddler trophies, it is the fact that the so-called 'true ending' is locked behind doing them all.

Am I going to waste however many, many tedious hours of my life by pursuing them all, or shall I pop onto YouTube and watch the surprisingly short (extra) ending in 0.002% of the time it would take?

The latter way is the road I took, and I would have been overwhelmingly GUTTED if I had done all of those Riddler trophies, only to watch THAT ending. The reward is absolutely not worth anybody's time.

What I mean is that I find Riddler trophies to be tedious and boring to collect.

Agreed, locking the true ending behind the 100% completion was annoying and unnecessary.

People complain about the tank battles, but I actually really liked them.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haru17

Octane wrote:

I've always heard a lot of good things about Uncharted and The Last of Us. Think I have to see what they're all about some day.

Play Last of Us Remastered first. It has the best story of the bunch.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic