Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 16,084

Haru17

Anyone excited to play Tales of Zesteria...

...after you play Life is Strange Ep. 5? ;D

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Peek-a-boo

@Haru17: Both the finale of Life is Strange and Tales from the Borderlands is out on the 20th of October, on the very same day!

I shall prioritise Life is Strange first, then Tales from the Borderlands whilst trying to avoid any videogames-related websites for that duration of time.

As for Tales of Vesperia, the last 'Tales of ... ' game I played was Symphonia on the GameCube, when I had an abundance of free time as a high school pupil. I will need a whole year free to play those kind of games nowadays, boo-hoo.

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

SuperWiiU wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Anyone excited to play Tales of Vesperia...

No, I don't have a X360. And my Japanese isn't good enough to play the PS3 version.

Rhyming breaks my brain. Zesteria. I meant Zesteria, but you should probably play that game first though, lol.

SuperWiiU

Haru17 wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Anyone excited to play Tales of Vesperia...

No, I don't have a X360. And my Japanese isn't good enough to play the PS3 version.

Rhyming breaks my brain. Zesteria. I meant Zesteria, but you should probably play that game first though, lol.

I really want to, I liked playing the Japanese PS3 demo. But I'm not getting a 360 for the game. I'll just hope for a remake someday.
Zestiria is one of the games I really want to play, but I don't have a PS4 yet and I'd rather wait and get that experience than buy it for PS3.

Peek-a-boo

The Order: 1886 has got a new challenger in terms of eye-poppingly good visuals:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Mindbogglingly impressive!

Peek-a-boo

cloudrunner64

The beta has been impressive. Annoyed that there isnt a campaign so wont be buying it but its great for pvp fans

PSN cloud_runner64

MisterMan

Yeah, I thought I would like this more (judging from how great it looks) but I'm not really enjoying the pvp. I've only played drop zones so far, but I really stink at it. It had me wishing I was playing Splatoon instead. I'm going to give it a few more tries though.

MisterMan

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo: Those were captured on a PS4?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Peek-a-boo

@MisterMan: I find that once you rank up to level 4 and 5, the cards (or rewards, if you like) makes for a much more enjoyable time. With the likes of a jet pack, a bubble shield to protect you from lasers (but not grenades or rockets) and an extra two weapons that are far more worthy than your starting laser gun, it surprises me just how much more fun things become!

I really, really like Splatoon too however, Star Wars Battlefront is a different game altogether and isn't a particularly worthwhile comparison.

@Ralizah: Yep, captured on the move in multiplayer (from the PlayStation 4) during the online multiplayer. It really has to be seen to be believed. I am a pretty hard person to impress when it comes to visuals, but this is borderline photorealistic at the best of times!

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo: I thought that footage came from a high-end PC. I got my PS4 a couple of days ago, so I might download the demo to check it out. It looks absolutely stunning.

Octane

MisterMan

@Peek-a-boo: yeah, I'll keep playing until I get the jet pack and shield bubble and see how I like it. Also, I wasn't comparing it to Splatoon, I just said it made me wish I was playing Splatoon instead.

MisterMan

Gamer83

Bought the Uncharted Collection and just beat Uncharted 1, third time I've done so across the PS3 and PS4. Still a good, fun game but I wanted to get it out of the way so I can now move on to re-visiting for about the 7th or 8th time, one of my favorites ever in Uncharted 2. Can't wait to see what 1080p, 60 fps does for it.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Haruki_NLI

I'm noticing a few issues with Arkham Knight. Smaller, niggling things. It keeps adding up. I'm...not sure how I feel about this game yet. And I'm nearly at 100%

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haru17

Volcanox wrote:

I'm noticing a few issues with Arkham Knight. Smaller, niggling things. It keeps adding up. I'm...not sure how I feel about this game yet. And I'm nearly at 100%

Hot TRASH...

...7/10

Haruki_NLI

@Haru17: I know what it is. Some things about the game are building on the faults of City such as less Riddler and less padding overall. The issue is how it chooses to not improve those faults rather drag them out. Less Riddler isn't really less Riddler and the side quests sweet jesus

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Tasuki

@Volcanox: I thought that Arkham Knight was pretty boring myself. It just didn't grab me like City or even Asylum did. The Batmobile segments were just way too forced upon you. Over not a bad game if you are a Batman fan or just want to see the conclusion of the game, but honestly if that's the case your better off waiting for a price drop.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ralizah

Arkham Knight is my second favorite game in the series. It feels like a much more fully-realized Arkham City, and I personally really loved the Batmobile.

Nothing can match up to the original Arkham Asylum, unfortunately.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

MrGawain

Personally I think the key points in the Arkham Knight really work (the story, the 'other voice', the fact you have to learn the Batmobile to progress), but it's those 2 minute side stories that don't really feel special like the last games that really damage it. Only freeing Catwoman and the Manbat story are really fleshed out.

Aside from AK, I'm finally feeling my PS4 was a worthwhile purchase. I got Transformers D, Broken Sword 5, Madden 16, Tearaway and am just waiting on Disgaea 5 to give me the things I was missing AND wanted that I couldn't get on my Wii U. I keep looking at Uncharted both old and new but I don't know if that's the sort of game I like.

What I really want is another Parappa the Rapper, Destruction Derby and Suikoden and I'll really be back home on the PS front!

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Haru17

I felt like the main story really fell on it's face concerning the Arkham Knight. They had the uber-predictable reveal and then he just kinda vanished, his arc unfulfilled. That left an unsatisfactory climax with two lacking main antagonists. The whole thing was just so anticlimactic—especially the true ending hoops to jump through.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic