Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 16,083

Tasuki

Ralizah wrote:

@Tasuki: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/60552/20150615/e3-2015-hori...

Import controllers work fine, right?

I don't care for the touchpad or the stupid Share/Options buttons, but the DS4 itself is incredibly comfortable to hold, and works great as a PC controller. Haven't had any issues with mine yet.

Yeah I like the feel of the DS 4 that's not the problem the problem with them I am having is how cheaply they are made. I have NES controllers, Genesis Controllers , Dreamcast, PS2 etc. that are still working fine to this day. I have had my PS4 since launch and already have had two controllers go bad on me and I am not even that rough with them.

The first one a month or two after launch the right analog stick went bad on it and now the latest one a week after I bought it the up button on the cross pad stopped working. I wouldn't be too upset but Sony's greed at charging 60 bucks is a joke for such a shoddy controller, this is as bad as a Mad Catz controllers during the 16 bit era. Honest I hate to base the console on the controller but if this is going to be the way with the PS4 I just might trade it in for an Xbox One.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JLPick

I have no problems with my PS4 and I had it since launch. The only thing I hate, is the fact that I had to buy an extra Hard Drive (internal), just to keep it going. It was no problem, considering that I put a 4TB into my PS3 (Too many TV Shows, Movie Downloads, Home Movies, photos and music on it). Since we end up using the 2 consoles greatly, it was worth it to keep the downloads going, but that is the only pain that I have with it. The Same went when I owned the PS2...the memory cards became too much to keep up with, having games that took more blocks and the memory cards being expensive (same went with the PSP and VITA). My Wii U lasted a while before I had to get an updated external hard drive, but even that filled up pretty fast. It seems that all of the consoles anymore are making people buy bigger hard drives. My X-box One is already filling up fast with all of these updates.

JLPick

Haru17

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Untitled

How many Benjamins is the sight of Darth Vader getting stabbed in the head by various different Jedi and Sith worth?

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Jaz007

@Tasuki: Have you tried seeing if Sony will repair them for free?

Jaz007

Tasuki

@Jaz007: Well the one I don't have anymore (I gave it to a friend who wanted the analog sticks for his PS3 DS) but I don't have the receipt anymore for the last one that broke, so I didn't look into it since I figured they won't without the receipt.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Jaz007

@Tasuki: There's a good chance it may have changed since it was in the PS4's first year, but I contacted Sony 2 or 3 times and had the same number of DS4s replaced with no questions asked. I'd say give it a shot.

Jaz007

Haruki_NLI

@Tubalcain:

Why does Vader look like a weird mix of Batman and a Cyberman there? 0-o

But hey, that PS4 looks good. I'm holding out for the Ratchet and Clank bundle, though the way they've...marketed?...that game I doubt itll be more than a standard console, considering Uncharted 4 is coming out around the same time. So even if it gets bundled, it'll be a standard console.

The only thing about the Star Wars one is that damn controller. I'm sorry but...I'm all for the Star Wars on the touchpad not that you use it, and the different coloured buttons and stuff, but that's not SNES "Each button is its own colour" that's...I don't know. It kind of clashes.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Tubalcain

The metal gear bundle is also nice

Untitled

Untitled

Tubalcain

Peach64

Finally taken the plunge and took delivery of a MGSV bundle PS4 this morning! I know it doesn't have many exclusives this year, but it does have Bloodbourne, The Witcher III, Batman: Arkham Knight and Metal Gear Solid V and that's one hell of a line-up. I know I'll get the best versions of multi platform games on PS4 and I'll pick up an Xbone at the end of the generation for the exclusives.

I'm a one game at a time sort of person so only got MGSV for now but I've already put pre-orders in for Star Wars Battlefront and FIFA 16

Peach64

Peek-a-boo

@Peach64: You have stepped in at the right time!

This time last year (or thereabouts), I purchased the Destiny bundle - which was the very first opportunity to own a white PlayStation 4 too - from HMV due to a price error on their behalf (£307.99 instead of the RRP of £384.99) and I felt like I was a little bit too early to this new generation at the time.

The reason why I say this is because most, if not all, multi-format games were cross-generation titles such as Alien: Isolation, Destiny and The Evil Within - as great as those three are - and the first party line up was merely 'good' (Driveclub and LittleBigPlanet 3) as opposed to 'must have' (Bloodborne and Journey).

Those four games you have bought with your PlayStation 4 will quite easily offer you at least over two hundred hours of gameplay to completion, what with The Witcher 3 being 70 to 80 hours long, Bloodbourne taking at least 50-odd hours, Arkham Knight being 25-ish hours and Metal Gear Solid V supposedly lasting a shy over 40 to 50 hours.

Make sure you check out the indie and digital only scene; I could not recommend Journey any more than I already do, and your first journey will take a couple of hours to pursue your way through, or 'upwards' as the game goes.

Enjoy your new toy!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

I broke down a pre-ordered Phantom Pain despite never having even been in the room with a Metal Gear game. After I play it I'll have to play through the legacy collection, ideally with my dualshock 4 synced up.

Edited on by Haru17

Gamer83

@Peach64:
When you get a chance to do some catching up, I'd definitely recommend giving inFamous: Second Son a go.

Gamer83

Ralizah

@Haru17: At least give Ground Zeroes a spin first before going onto TPP. It's the prologue to that game, and will help you understand what is going on.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SuperWiiU

Ralizah wrote:

@Haru17: At least give Ground Zeroes a spin first before going onto TPP. It's the prologue to that game, and will help you understand what is going on.

Might as well play MGS3 and Peace Walker first too. Then he'll fully understand what's going on.

Action51

I don't get the appeal of MGS games...then again, I think most stealther games are tedious.

Action51

Haru17

Ralizah wrote:

Yeah, i played through it. I get the general plot, what with the oil rig being blown up causing Something-Snake to be injured and all, but the vast majority of MGS lore is lost upon me until I play through the games that explain it.

Edited on by Haru17

Drowsy

Anyone else excited for Tearaway Unfolded? I haven't played the Vita game and I heard many good things about it. I'm very interested to see how the game will play with the PS4 controller.

Edited on by Drowsy

Ralizah

@Haru17: It's fine. If you read through the back history provided in GZ you'll get the general gist of what's going on in the prequel storyline. If you like what you see, then you can play the games and experience Kojima's convoluted masterpieces for yourself.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

cloudrunner64

Hey people. Updated my ps4 the other day and it deleted my P.T demo. Did this happen to anyone else?

PSN cloud_runner64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic