Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 16,083

NinjaWaddleDee

@Ralizah: yep! Which is weird, because I didn't play peace walker before then. But I did however watch all of the cutscenes from peace walker, in order to get the story

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

CanisWolfred

Odin Sphere Leifdrasir announced for PS4, PS3, Vita

Basically it's going to be a vastly improved remake of the original Odin Sphere, and judging from the video, it's gonna deliver. I loved Odin Sphere, but it had its fair shair of flaws. It looks like Vanillaware took that seriously, and set out to polish every single facet. It comes out in Japan on January 16, 2016. Here's hoping Atlus announces a localization soon-ish.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@CanisWolfred: What is the gameplay like? It looks gorgeous, but after playing Dragon's Crown, that doesn't surprise me at all.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryno

@CanisWolfred: I have always been tempted to pick that game up. I will probably get it for Vita. How's it compare to Muramasa?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kyuubikid213

So...I have a PS4 now.

Someone was selling one near me for $350 and I also got...

• a second controller
  • Knack
  • Battlefield 4
  • Watch_Dogs

I anticipate that these (as well as my current backlog (yikes!)) will keep me busy for a little while...but when my bank account recovers, what's the next game you think I should get?

By the way, I bought a PS4 for Horizon: Zero Dawn and The Last Guardian...even though those won't be out for a while...or perhaps ever.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Ralizah

@kyuubikid213: What kind of games do you like? Bloodborne is an awesome Action-RPG exclusive. If you've never played an Uncharted game, the Uncharted Collection is releasing in October and comes with all 3 PS3 games remastered and running at double the frame rate. Metal Gear Solid V is releasing in September.

Tubalcain

Any of you downloaded the 1.07 of the Witcher 3? any feedbacks?

Tubalcain

Peek-a-boo

@kyuubikid213: Bloodborne is arguably the best game on the PlayStation 4 at this moment in time, and only yesterday Journey was re-released meaning it is now 1080p/60fps (up from 720p/30fps on the PlayStation 3) and genuinely feels like a new game altogether.

If you have never played The Last of Us, that is definitely worth your time and money too. Going by your list of games, you could sell Knack and Watch_Dogs and buy something else instead, given that those two games are merely adequate at best.

Both Horizon: Zero Dawn and The Last Guardian will be out in 2016 sometime so, you have plenty to play (and catch up with) until then!

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

One thing struck me about the public reaction to Horizon: Zero Dawn. A lot of people commented on how 'chatty' the main character was in the reveal, which she definitely was, but it strikes me that I never hear this about Nathan Drake, who is constantly babbling to himself during the Uncharted games. Double-standards much?

Ryno

Ralizah wrote:

One thing struck me about the public reaction to Horizon: Zero Dawn. A lot of people commented on how 'chatty' the main character was in the reveal, which she definitely was, but it strikes me that I never hear this about Nathan Drake, who is constantly babbling to himself during the Uncharted games. Double-standards much?

Because the Uncharted Series is god-tier and you are not allowed to say anything negative about it.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Jaz007

I think it's because people find one to be much more enjoyable than another. Uncharted is also much more linear so he's not likely to be repeating dialogue in the game. I don't think he talks to himself as much in a fight either. It's more during platforming while less is going on and comes across as less, invasive or overkill; it doesn't try to pack in too much at once.

Jaz007

TylerTheCreator

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@kyuubikid213: Bloodborne is arguably the best game on the PlayStation 4 at this moment in time, and only yesterday Journey was re-released meaning it is now 1080p/60fps (up from 720p/30fps on the PlayStation 3) and genuinely feels like a new game altogether.

If you have never played The Last of Us, that is definitely worth your time and money too. Going by your list of games, you could sell Knack and Watch_Dogs and buy something else instead, given that those two games are merely adequate at best.

Both Horizon: Zero Dawn and The Last Guardian will be out in 2016 sometime so, you have plenty to play (and catch up with) until then!

Any game can be arguably best on a system because it's all based on opinions and all your statements are opinions. Some reviewers don't like Knack or Watch_Dogs as much as The Last of Us, but some people enjoy those games a lot more. There's a lot of top-rated games that I don't enjoy as much as lower-rated games.

No offense, though.

Edited on by TylerTheCreator

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

CanisWolfred

@Ralizah: @Ryno: Sorry this took a long time, but...

Odin Sphere is...different from Muramasa or Dragon's Crown in a lot of ways. Some good, some bad, but the bad might be worked out in this remake.

Odin Sphere is much more of an RPG than the other two games, with 7+ different characters having their own stories and ways to play. There's a bigger emphasis on stat-juggling and item usage, and planting stuff to grow more/better items (which I'm not sure I ever got a good handle on), almost all of which looks to be entirely revamped, judging from the trailer.

Exploration was a lot like Muramasa, but with a worse map (which looks to be fixed in the remake).

Combat-wise, it was much more in-depth than Muramasa, having a larger array of Combos and skills at your disposal, but not as many as Dragon's Crown, nor was it as fine-tuned and balanced as DC's combat...basically, there was no hit-stun, a lot of combos were useless, ultimately forcing you to rely on the same comos repeatedly, some characters' stories had terrible enemies that were atrocious to fight, and worst of all, there was a ton of slowdown throughout the game, making it near-unplayable at times. All of these problems should be fixed in the remake, though.

The story and graphics were the stars of the show, though. Honestly, I thought Odin Sphere had some of the best storytelling on the PS2, and I'm really sad that Vanillaware has yet to even try to make a story remotely near its caliber. It's difficult to talk about without spoiling, if compared to DC, Muramasa, and GrimGrimoire (does anybody remember this game?), you're in for a treat, especially if they fix the gameplay on top of that.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

@TylerTheCreator: I did kind of phrased my words more so as my own preferences rather than fact; in my opinion, Knack and Watch_Dogs are pretty forgettable games compared to Bloodborne, Journey and The Last of Us, for example. I don't think too many folks will disagree with that.

I also mentioned that kyuubikid COULD choose to sell some of his games for something else, whether they are perceived to be better games or not. Just trying to help a fellow newcomer to the world of PlayStation, is all!

Peek-a-boo

kyuubikid213

@Peek-a-boo: I'm not exactly a newcomer to the world of PlayStation...but my beloved franchises from when I had a PS1 and PS2 are now absent in the forms I once knew (Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter).

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely be adding Bloodborne to my library in the future, although I will be keeping Knack and Watch_Dogs for two reasons.

• I've made it a point to keep every game I own from now on, regardless of quality, so that in the future when I revisit them, I can see why I didn't like them (or why I loved them so much) and/or relive memories.
  • Trading them in at GameStop would literally get me less than $7. Whether or not they are top-tier games doesn't matter. They're worth more to me than $7...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Tasuki

@kyuubikid213: PSN has alot of great games to. Resogun is a great shumup if you like those. Dust is a great game as well as Strider. If you Like InFamous Second Son then I highly recommend First Light. Valiant Hearts is a great action puzzle type game. If you like racing games Drive Club is fantastic too. If your into sports games NBA 2K15 is a great Basketball game and MLB The Show 15 is a great baseball game.

Finally if your are into fighters there's Injustice God's Among Us which is a fighter with DC Superheroes and Villains made by the same studio that did Mortal Kombat, which speaking of that there's Mortal Kombat X and then of course Ultra Street Fighter IV.

Not sure what type games you are looking for but I hope that helps.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Jaz007

@Retro_on_theGo: I haven't read good things about the game though. You might want to read some reviews before you get it.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo: I haven't read good things about the game though. You might want to read some reviews before you get it.

Most sites seem to have good things to say about it, actually. PushSquare and TheSixthAxis were the only ones who were really negative about it, mainly due to some forced repetition that pads out the game. If you can handle that (and a lot of reviewers did) then it sounds like it might be a really good game.

I haven't played it yet, though, nor will I be able to in the near future...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

@Jaz007 I was reading reviews last night. It seems like they're all very mixed, very hit or miss game. After reading reviews and watching gameplay though it looks very fun to me. I'm going to download the demo today and decide then if I should get it or not.

Main complaint is the controls and I can understand that. The trigger buttons should have been used for the dash and uppercut attack instead of the same button plus a direction which could lead to accidental deaths.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic