Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 16,083

HollywoodHogan

rallydefault wrote:

@JaredFogle: Worth it for Last of Us alone.

I don't know if I will keep that either actually haha. I like third person action/adventure games, but this one seems to polarize people. Either they love it, or they hate it. Those who hate it, say it's just like a movie with too much story, and I am a person who often skips cut scenes out of boredom. Maybe I will get it a shot though, because if I sell the download code it would probably only get me $20 anyway.

Friend to all SJW's

Ralizah

JaredFogle wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

I don't know if I will keep that either actually haha. I like third person action/adventure games, but this one seems to polarize people. Either they love it, or they hate it. Those who hate it, say it's just like a movie with too much story, and I am a person who often skips cut scenes out of boredom. Maybe I will get it a shot though, because if I sell the download code it would probably only get me $20 anyway.

I'm not a huge fan, but it's worth playing for $20. It's one of the prettiest games on the PS4 (which is funny, because it's basically just an upgraded port of a PS3 game), and the game is still interesting enough. It also has a pretty fleshed-out multiplayer mode and the Left Behind expansion.

The game doesn't really overburden in the way of cutscenes. Rather, the whole game is very directed and cinematic. If you just want to run around and goof off, a game like Far Cry 4 would better suit your interests.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

HollywoodHogan

Ralizah wrote:

JaredFogle wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

I'm not a huge fan, but it's worth playing for $20. It's one of the prettiest games on the PS4 (which is funny, because it's basically just an upgraded port of a PS3 game), and the game is still interesting enough. It also has a pretty fleshed-out multiplayer mode and the Left Behind expansion.

The game doesn't really overburden in the way of cutscenes. Rather, the whole game is very directed and cinematic. If you just want to run around and goof off, a game like Far Cry 4 would better suit your interests.

That doesn't sound too bad then. Thanks. I will give it a shot when it gets here on Friday.

Friend to all SJW's

rallydefault

@JaredFogle: Yea, I mean - why wouldn't you even give it a shot if it comes with your system? ...

Why are people so invested in everyone else's opinions these days? Geez... back in my day, I'd walk 20 miles uphill BOTH WAYS to the video store, rent a game, and decide if I liked it ALL ON MY OWN. I made my own judgements.

The 20 miles part was fabricated.

The uphill part wasn't.

rallydefault

HollywoodHogan

rallydefault wrote:

@JaredFogle: Yea, I mean - why wouldn't you even give it a shot if it comes with your system? ...

Why are people so invested in everyone else's opinions these days? Geez... back in my day, I'd walk 20 miles uphill BOTH WAYS to the video store, rent a game, and decide if I liked it ALL ON MY OWN. I made my own judgements.

The 20 miles part was fabricated.

The uphill part wasn't.

Oh if it was a physical release I would have played it 100% without even asking. However this is a download code and once I use it, if I don't like the game, I'm stuck with it and can't trade or sell it.

Hopefully I can pick up Alien:Isolation and GTAV next week as those are the two games I really want to play now.

Friend to all SJW's

CanisWolfred

@Tasuki - I believe you're the only one here who bought Ultra Street Fighter IV for the PS4? If so, can you tell me if they fixed the input lag with the recent (as in June 12th or 13th) patch they released? Supposedly it did, but I didn't see any news from actual players confirming it...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Aviator

@CanisWolfred from controller or arcade stick?

I didn't notice any offline, but my time with USF4 has been very minimal so I probably don't know any better.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

NinjaWaddleDee

Okay guys, I can only afford 1 game in September. Should I get Metal Gear Solid 5, or Super Mario Maker? I will buy both eventually, but I can only afford 1 game a month. I'm looking forward to both, but I can't decide.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

CanisWolfred

Aviator wrote:

@CanisWolfred from controller or arcade stick?

I didn't notice any offline, but my time with USF4 has been very minimal so I probably don't know any better.

I'm not sure (I'd assume both since input lag is just the time between the button press and the corresponding action on-screen), but I did finally find a video of a test of the lastest patch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzBIbSqUmts

It seems to be within acceptable range (there's a tiny delay, but not very noticeable, and might be screen lag? I don't know because they don't explain anything...but still, that video is better than nothing).

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Tasuki - I believe you're the only one here who bought Ultra Street Fighter IV for the PS4? If so, can you tell me if they fixed the input lag with the recent (as in June 12th or 13th) patch they released? Supposedly it did, but I didn't see any news from actual players confirming it...

I actually have not played it yet on PS4. I bought it when it first came out but didn't touch it cause of all the bugs plus I already have a huge backlog so I figured I can wait till they fix it. Sadly though I still haven't played it yet due to starting some other games mainly Shantae. I have heard that the last patch the did about a week ago finally fixes everything, even the visuals like press start on the title screen. As for the lag, some users over at Push Square have said it's been reduced alot by how much I can't say cause like I said I haven't played it yet.

As of now I don't see myself playing it here soon cause I will be leaving for out of town for a few days. Maybe I will check it ou when I get back, along with Rocket League.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ralizah

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Okay guys, I can only afford 1 game in September. Should I get Metal Gear Solid 5, or Super Mario Maker? I will buy both eventually, but I can only afford 1 game a month. I'm looking forward to both, but I can't decide.

The bulk of SMM's content will be online, and that will probably take some time for people to make. The quality of levels will inevitably increase as people learn what they can or can't do with the engine, too. Unless you're excited about creating levels right away, I don't know what value there is in getting it early.

MGSV will have a full, presumably long single-player campaign, along with its already fleshed out online modes. It would probably provide more content early on.

Edited on by Ralizah

NinjaWaddleDee

@Ralizah: Thank you That is a very good way to put it. I'm not the biggest mgs fan, but I enjoyed mgs 1 and 3. I still have to play peace walker on the hd collection. But metal gear solid 5 looks like a masterpiece of a game, regardless if you are a mgs fan or not.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Ralizah

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

@Ralizah: Thank you That is a very good way to put it. I'm not the biggest mgs fan, but I enjoyed mgs 1 and 3. I still have to play peace walker on the hd collection. But metal gear solid 5 looks like a masterpiece of a game, regardless if you are a mgs fan or not.

Have you played Ground Zeroes yet?

Ralizah

WaveBoy wrote:

You know what really cracks me up? These SonyDroids that went absolute nutters over the teaser trailers for both Final Fantasy VII and Shenmue 3. have fun waiting until Christmas 2017(this has been confirmed for Shenmue 3 already) for their arrival.

As terrible as Nintendo's E3 was at least they announce games that are just around the pipe line, with the only exception usually being Zelda

...so people shouldn't be excited about games because they're not coming out next year? That makes no sense. It's not like the PS4 doesn't already have dozens of exciting games set to come out during the rest of 2015. 2016 will see other hotly anticipated games like The Last Guardian, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and Uncharted 4. You know darn well Nintendo fans would be going nuts over a new Metroid that was in development, even if it wasn't coming out until 2017.

Also, nobody says Sony Droids. There are Nintendrones, Xbots, and Sony Ponies.

Ryno

@WaveBoy: I like the term "Sony Droids." Fits well with that Sony arrogance like buying a 1TB PS4 to "upgrade" the HDD from the 500 GB model.

Untitled
Source: http://view.playstationmail.net/?j=fec916707d650c7e&m=fe9...

Untitled

Before anyone gets mad, please realize it's a joke, lighten up, and maybe even chuckle.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ralizah

It's annoying. I wish it had external hard drive support like the Wii U (technically it does, but it's not useful since you can't install games externals).

Ralizah

@WaveBoy: To be fair, Sony is helping to fund Shenmue 3. Either way, though, the point isn't that these projects had really great reveals. It's that they exist AT ALL. How long have people been asking for a Shenmue 3 or a remake of FFVII? TLG was really the icing on the cake, considering how long it has been since we've seen that game. It was becoming the new Duke Nukem Forever. Let's hope that the game maintained its quality, considering how troubled its development history has been!

CaviarMeths

Not too big of a deal if it's as easy to swap out the internal HDD on the PS4 as it was on the PS3. Including backing up your data and reinstalling the firmware, it's like 30 minutes of work tops and doesn't take any tech knowledge. If you can follow instructions to put together a chair from IKEA, you can replace your PS HDD.

And honestly, I like the reduction in clutter. Upgrading the internal HDD instead of external is one less piece of hardware on the shelf. Negligible price difference too.

2TB internal HDD: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I8O6OQ4 ($101)
2TB external HDD: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E3RH5W2 ($99)

Anyway, I still haven't bought my PS4, but I noticed that in Sony's projections for FY2016, they're expecting an increase in units sold, but a decrease in revenue.

Untitled

Price drop incoming?

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Peek-a-boo

CaviarMeths wrote:

Price drop incoming?

On the subject of potential price cuts later this year, I could see (or at least hope) that these shall end up being the estimated price for each SKU:

Those (old) 500GB models = €319/$299/£279

The new 1TB system = €349/$349/£309

A special/limited edition PlayStation 4 bundled with the likes of Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Star Wars: Battlefront (all three of those games have marketing deals with Sony) for €399/$399/£349, which just so happens to be the RRP since day one.

Then again, Sony continues to be the market leader in every single country going therefore they may well carry on with their current prices and bundle in a game (or two) instead. It is Microsoft who continues to play catch up by igniting those numerous price drops - and fire sales - of theirs.

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic