Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 16,083

Peek-a-boo

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

The Japanese version is confirmed to work on PSTV. Looked at the list of compatible games though and wow, PS Vita has no games I want. Barely of the PSP games interest me either after all. Just OlliOlli 2 and a couple of PS One classics. Not sure if a PSTV would be worth it for just Digimon, Persona 4G, and some PS1 games.

Not sure if you are an American, but you can quite easily buy a PS television for $39-49 and pay for a DualShock 4 separately for under $90-100 in all. You may not like all that you see for the two portable PlayStation however, it is a better deal if you do not fancy coughing up $349 for a PlayStation 4.

I gifted a PSTV for my friend for his Birthday for £50 (about $70-odd) and he loves replaying the old PSone classics as well as the likes of Gravity Rush, LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway, Uncharted: Golden Abyss and WipEout 2048. It is a great little thing to have, and barely uses up any (living room) space too!

Peek-a-boo

Jaz007

@Peek-a-Boo I thought Uncharted: Golde Abyss didn't work on PSTV. Has it changed?

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

I didn't think any of those worked on PSTV. Something must've changed...

Also, Retro, don't you like Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright? If so, I have 5 recommended games already...

EDIT: Make that 4, Soul Sacrifice isn't compatible either...damn, most of the best games don't work with that thing yet...now I'm glad I bought the Vita itself instead of the mini thing...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jazzer94

@Peek-a-boo Except for Wipeout (not sure) I'm fairly certain none of those Vita games work with PS TV.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SuperWiiU

Jazzer94 wrote:

@Peek-a-boo Except for Wipeout (not sure) I'm fairly certain none of those Vita games work with PS TV.

WipEout 2048 doesn't work either. You can supposedly play them with a hacked Vita, but I'm not sure how good that works either.

Peek-a-boo

I probably should have mentioned that my friend already had a PS Vita prior to me buying him the PSTV; he just wanted to play the games on a big screen and thus, I probably got confused between the two (different) formats. Sorry about that!

Seems to be quite daft that those games I mentioned doesn't work, but thinking about it, they all use those gyro/motion features as well as the 'back rubbing' controls on the PS Vita itself.

Scratch my PSTV recommendation then, Retro On The Go!

Peek-a-boo

Faruko

the Vita TV might be one of the biggest flops of all time

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

SuperWiiU

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I probably should have mentioned that my friend already had a PS Vita prior to me buying him the PSTV; he just wanted to play the games on a big screen and thus, I probably got confused between the two (different) formats. Sorry about that!

Seems to be quite daft that those games I mentioned doesn't work, but thinking about it, they all use those gyro/motion features as well as the 'back rubbing' controls on the PS Vita itself.

Scratch my PSTV recommendation then, Retro On The Go!

That makes more sense. All those games are first party, so they could've(should've) updated them PSTV compatible controls, like they did do for PS Move. I would definitely have bought a PSTV if all(or close to all) Vita games were playable.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Retro_on_theGo

Just got to think it over. Amazon is having a big sale soon apparently, if PS TV gets discounted enough, I'll get it. Shame the vita's best titles don't work for it. It doesn't support local multi either, right?

Of the games that do interest me there's more than enough single player to make up for that. We'll see. Monster Hunter, Persona, and Digimon are a pretty tempting combination.

Jaz007

Yeah, I recently saw a new $40 PSVTV, and I was gonna recommend it to a friend, but remembered almost none of the good games on Vita work with it. Whoever decided not make those games compatible should be fired.

Jaz007

ELI-ASH

I almost bought a ps tv i had it in my hands and at very last moment I put it back and just got a vita bundle. What racing game on the ps4 do you guys recommend? I watch a few reviews and they seem ver similar to eachother.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Jaz007

@ELI-ASH Need for Speed: Rivlas is a lot of fun. I'd recommend you get that.

Jaz007

Jaz007

Batman: Arkham Knight has a fantastic story, one that competes with the movies, but Rocksteady went full re**** with the ending. They locked the full ending behind 100% the game. Which means collecting hundreds of riddler trophies. Something I didn't care to do while I played the game, let alone after. I'll youtube it later, but it disconnects me from the game a bit by having to the game to see it's ending. I'm not sure why somoen other than the guy who came up with it thought it was a good idea.

Jaz007

Gamer83

@Jaz007:
I wasn't aware of this. Unbelievable some of the stupid choices Rocksteady made with a game that easily should've sent the series out on a bang. It's a great game but it's not even close to a game of the year contender or the fitting sendoff this series should've had after Asylum and City. Very disappointing.

Gamer83

Jaz007

@Gamer83: It just got worse... I just played the Red Hood DLC I got for my pre-order, and he's the best DLC character since the Joker in Asylum, the only good one actually (all the others felt too similar to Batman, and ended up being downgraded Batman clones in predator mode, Red Hood kills enemies so he uses guns and always does fast silent take down), then went to play him in challenge maps because they made a decent extra character for once, only to find out he can't be used... Only Batman can be used so far. I don't know if future DLC changes this, but I couldn't believe it. This is still the best Arkham game in my opinion, but some of Rocksteady's decisions are mind-boggling.

Jaz007

Tasuki

@ELI-ASH: Driveclub is great now that it's fixed and you can get it pretty cheap too. The only thing is if you want to race against other people it's online only.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

I hope Driveclub's good now, seeing as I just downloaded it. When are the motorcycles due? Motorcycle Club is a different game entirely...and it's not very good...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haru17

Tasuki wrote:

@ELI-ASH: Driveclub is great now that it's fixed and you can get it pretty cheap too. The only thing is if you want to race against other people it's online only.

That's a roundabout way of saying that there's online multiplayer, but no local play. 'Online only' typically refers to games that require an internet connection past the start screen constantly.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic