Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 16,084

Ralizah

Far Cry 4 is actually a lot of fun, and kept me busy for a month or two after I got my PS4 before I could expand my collection a bit.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Haru17

Faruko wrote:

I say, do not get Second Son, its pretty boring, the gameplay its cool but the world itself its lifeless and really underwhelming, most quest/side-quest are pretty lame, even a baby would have better imagination, especially considering the powers you have,

its awful and overrated imo

First Light is a cheaper, more concise version. The story arc is also better told. I prefer it to Second Son.

Far Cry 4 really bored me. It's the only big PS4 purchase I regret. It's just so much walking in a dull open world with subpar climbing, and general movement mechanics. There is too much watching animations; reloading, putting out fire, climbing, etc. The game also feels really lose, especially for a first person game. Way more so than even Skyrim; that game feels tight and responsive in comparison.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

WebHead

kyuubikid213 wrote:

So that's...

2 for "Yeah, dude, you've got a backlog to clear. Let your wallet rest..."

and

0 for "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? YOU SHOULD GET IT... RIGHT. NOW."

I'd get it now if you can manage with 500gb. If not the 1tb model should be out by years end

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

CanisWolfred

As someone who bought the PS4 while having an immense backlog, I can say that it might be better to wait on it. I've been too invested in other games to really sit down with anything on the PS4 - not because the games are bad, either.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

CaviarMeths wrote:

How's Driveclub these days? Should I check it out or wait for GT7?

Its probably the best racer the PS4 has right now, if you like arcade style racers.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Dreamsleep

If I get one, I want these games:

Divinity Original Sin Enhanced
Wasteland 2
Blood Bowl 2
Persona 5
Transformers: Devastation

When those games are all out, I will buy one.

Edited on by Dreamsleep

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

WebHead

Gonna be upgrading my hard drive to 2TB soon. Gonna need it for all those games.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

unrandomsam

Shenmue and the New Dragon Quest probably means I will be getting a PS4 at some point.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Jaz007

AC: Syndacite looks like Arkham Creed with the grappling hook and all the fist fighting. I can't say how much I hate the idea of a grappling hook in Assassin's Creed. Fist fighting seems weird for it too. I also dislike the idea of multiple protagonists. The girl specializes in stealth, and the guy in combat more from what I read. I love stealth, but I don't want to play as a girl in AC. I have the Assassin fantasy, and being a girl just isn't part of it (it's no more sexist than a girl wanting to play as a girl). Bad game for a female protagonist I think. I also hate how they're putting a train in the game 80 years ahead of the time. It messes with the historical immersion in the series. That's another problem I have with the grappling hook, it suspend my belief too much.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Splitting the Stealth and combat in an Assassin's Creed game is bad enough as is simply because half the reason AC does stealth well is that you have decent combat as a back-up...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

spizzamarozzi

So now that the dust has settled and people have realized how misleading the initial Shenmue 3 campaign was, pledges have slowed down to a meager $200.000 (approx) a week.
I'm really happy people have started to see through this bullcrap, but having waited for a Shenmue sequel for nearly 15 years, I am so disappointed it had to happen in such a controversial manner.
However the thing that worries me the most is people's reaction once the game will be out. By using E3 as a platform to launch a pre-order campaign under the guise of crowdfunding, they have basically created a lot of buzz that caught even people who didn't know much about the series (which is, probably 95% of modern gamers). I can't put my finger on it, but I'd say a slice of the pledgers might not be entirely familiar with the games. Mind you, I'm not being classist - I just know Shenmue is old and wasn't really that popular before the E3 announcement.

This wouldn't be a problem per se if it wasn't for the fact that it's scientifically proven that MOST PEOPLE DON'T LIKE SHENMUE. This is a fact that was true back in 2000 and it's even truer today that most open-world convention have evolved in a completely different way, thus leaving Shenmue in a "time bubble". Everytime we had a thread on these boards, the vast majority of people say they didn't like it or didn't play it.
So my hope, and probably the hope of all the people who loved the franchise back then, is that Shenmue 3 retains the same mechanics, and why not - limitations, that made I & II an unforgettable experience. Of course I wouldn't mind the serie to be slightly modernized, but the personality of the original games should be there, otherwise we would be playing Harvest Moon or Yakuza. The rest of the audience - I sincerely don't know what they expect. I don't wanna see people saying "Man, did I pledge 500 bucks to drive a forklift and talk to sailors?!!?".
I'm just dramatizing of course, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of backlash upon release.

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

CanisWolfred

Or maybe it's because it's been over a week and Kickstarters always slow down unless they have a steady stream of high-demand stretch goals...it'll pick back up again by the last few days.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

I'm not so sure it's what you think it is. Sony's not funding the entire game, they needs the kickstarter money too. How much money they get from kickstarter will determine the scale of the game. As said, it's proven that Shenmue isn't a guaranteed hit. They need all the funding they can get. I don't think the kickstarter is a scam.

Jaz007

Haru17

WaveBoy wrote:

So what's the deal with Morpheus? When you put it on, do you actually see the way you would by looking around in a real world or are you limited to a screen?

Well, it apparently renders two screens, one for each eye, to create an 3D effect akin to the 3DS's. That combined with the headphones and, I think, high resolution makes it a very immersive experience, so I hear. The biggest hurdle, like with the 3DS, is rendering two images at once. That is taxing for the hardware, as it is nearly doubling the system's workload.

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

WaveBoy wrote:

...A screen shouldn't exist with VR...

Well, I mean, it's not magic. Holograms haven't been invented yet. The two screens seem to be very close to your eyes and many of the first person games developed for it have motion control for looking around, so you can look as if you were actually that person.

Retro_on_theGo

They just confirmed it for PS4/Vita at anime expo.
http://www.rpgsite.net/news/4416-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-c...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

And I just bought an Xbox One. Damn it! I might seriously have to consider selling it when Horizon Zero Dawn comes out... Eh, I like the Xbone. I can live with missing out on a few PS4 exclusives. Wonder if Cyber Sleuth will work on a PSTV. Those things keep looking for tempting everyday. Do they still exist?

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

They just confirmed it for PS4/Vita at anime expo.
http://www.rpgsite.net/news/4416-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-c...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

And I just bought an Xbox One. Damn it! I might seriously have to consider selling it when Horizon Zero Dawn comes out... Eh, I like the Xbone. I can live with missing out on a few PS4 exclusives. Wonder if Cyber Sleuth will work on a PSTV. Those things keep looking for tempting everyday. Do they still exist?

Holy $#!+ that's amazing!!! I've been waiting a while for another decent Digimon game! I can't wait!

And yeah, PSTVs still exist. Hopefully this'll work, if it doesn't have any touch screen gimmicks...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

The Japanese version is confirmed to work on PSTV. Looked at the list of compatible games though and wow, PS Vita has no games I want. Barely of the PSP games interest me either after all. Just OlliOlli 2 and a couple of PS One classics. Not sure if a PSTV would be worth it for just Digimon, Persona 4G, and some PS1 games.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic