Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 16,083

Haru17

Jaz007 wrote:

Shenmue has also been a financial failure in the past. The game has a track record advising against making another one. It's reasonable to want proof for it.

Pretty much this. Now let's stop debating these stubborn idealists with light and transient ideals.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

kyuubikid213

Hello, PS4 owners...at least I hope you are.

I was quite impressed by Sony's showing at E3. So much so that I've decided it's time to get a PS4. However... I'm not sure about when I should get it.

Right after the event, I was hyped to the ceiling and was just about ready to buy it. Now that a couple days have passed...I'm thinking I should wait. It's not that I don't think the PS4 is worth it, yet. It's because I've been spending a lot of money on video games recently and I think I should slow down for a bit...

Just this summer, I've gotten...

• Splatoon ($60)
  • The Nindie Humble Bundle ($20)
  • A PS1 I found at Goodwill as well as games (~$85)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order ($4.50)
  • A handful of DS games (~$34)
  • Don't Starve ($15)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us ($20)

That's nearly $240 I've spent on games alone since Splatoon launched.

So...what do you guys think? Should I grab one right away...or should I chill out?

After typing this, I think I might chill out..., but I'll still take the community's thoughts into consideration.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

DefHalan

When are the games you want on Ps4 coming out?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

HollywoodHogan

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Hello, PS4 owners...at least I hope you are.

I was quite impressed by Sony's showing at E3. So much so that I've decided it's time to get a PS4. However... I'm not sure about when I should get it.

Right after the event, I was hyped to the ceiling and was just about ready to buy it. Now that a couple days have passed...I'm thinking I should wait. It's not that I don't think the PS4 is worth it, yet. It's because I've been spending a lot of money on video games recently and I think I should slow down for a bit...

Just this summer, I've gotten...

• Splatoon ($60)
  • The Nindie Humble Bundle ($20)
  • A PS1 I found at Goodwill as well as games (~$85)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order ($4.50)
  • A handful of DS games (~$34)
  • Don't Starve ($15)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us ($20)

That's nearly $240 I've spent on games alone since Splatoon launched.

So...what do you guys think? Should I grab one right away...or should I chill out?

After typing this, I think I might chill out..., but I'll still take the community's thoughts into consideration.

I'd wait until the fall, there will probably be some good deals on PS4 then.

Friend to all SJW's

kyuubikid213

@DefHalan
The conference had me most excited for The Last Guardian and Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm sure Unravel will also make its way to the PS4. Arkham Knight looks pretty cool and that's out next week. I'm also interested in Kingdom Hearts III. As for games that are already out, inFamous Second Son looks cool as well as Bloodborne.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

kyuubikid213

@HollywoodHogan
Sounds like it'd be...the responsible decision. It's not like I don't have enough games to hold me over until then... Haha.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

DefHalan

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@DefHalan
The conference had me most excited for The Last Guardian and Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm sure Unravel will also make its way to the PS4. Arkham Knight looks pretty cool and that's out next week. I'm also interested in Kingdom Hearts III. As for games that are already out, inFamous Second Son looks cool as well as Bloodborne.

Well looks like the big titles you are interested in don't have release dates yet. I would recommend waiting but it is your choice

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kyuubikid213

So that's...

2 for "Yeah, dude, you've got a backlog to clear. Let your wallet rest..."

and

0 for "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? YOU SHOULD GET IT... RIGHT. NOW."

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

RR529

Yeah, I don't have the money for a new console right now, but if I did, I'd definitely get a PS4.

As for games out now, I'm interested in InFamous: Second Son (and First Light), Samurai Warriors 4, Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, Final Fantasy Type 0 HD, and a few indies such as Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, and Strider.

As for upcoming games? Horizon, Last Guardian, Dragon Quest Heroes, FFXV, KHIII, Star Ocean, FFVII, Street Fighter V, Shenmue 3, MGSV, Tearaway Unfolded, and Abzu look good (at least I don't think those last two are already out).

Granted, there are Wii U & XOne titles I'd be sad to miss out on (such as Zelda U, FEXSMT, and WWHD on the former, and Cuphead, Beyond Eyes, and D4 on the latter), but I think PS4 would give me the bigger bang for my buck at this point.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CaviarMeths

Hi guys.

I probably won't buy my PS4 until Black Friday, but I am taking advantage of Amazon's 30% pre-order sale, plus picking up a few backloggers. So far in my cart I've got:

• Street Fighter V
  • NieR
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy XIV Complete Edition
  • Tales of Zestiria
  • The Last Guardian
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
  • Diablo III Ultimate Edition (I already have this on PS3, but I love it and want it updated)
  • Bloodborne

And then Dragon Quest Heroes, Persona 5, and Star Ocean as soon as they go up for pre-sale. Am I missing any must-haves? I'm also interested in Dead or Alive Last Round and various Musou games, but I'm assuming new iterations of those may be a couple years down the road anyway.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jaz007

@kyuubikid213 I'd wait for the terabyte model (it was officially announced right?) to come, or at least a good bundle before you get a PS4. It's definitely worth the purchase, but I agree with you that it would be a good idea to calm down on game spending a bit.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths wrote:

Hi guys.

I probably won't buy my PS4 until Black Friday, but I am taking advantage of Amazon's 30% pre-order sale, plus picking up a few backloggers. So far in my cart I've got:

• Street Fighter V
  • NieR
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy XIV Complete Edition
  • Tales of Zestiria
  • The Last Guardian
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
  • Diablo III Ultimate Edition (I already have this on PS3, but I love it and want it updated)
  • Bloodborne

And then Dragon Quest Heroes, Persona 5, and Star Ocean as soon as they go up for pre-sale. Am I missing any must-haves? I'm also interested in Dead or Alive Last Round and various Musou games, but I'm assuming new iterations of those may be a couple years down the road anyway.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD comes to mind. Especially since they added the updates from the PC version to the console versions recently.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

@CaviarMeths: InFamous Second Son and InFamous First Light are good. Also Shadows of Mordor if you are a LotR fan. Then there are games on PSN that I recommend like

Resogun
Dust
Strider
Velocity 2X

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Haru17

Dunno about pre order, but I really enjoyed both Dragon Age Inquisition and the Witcher 3, for open world RPGs.

Not to mention Life is Strange; a Telltale-style game sans the predictability. I really like the world and conversations therein and how explorable they are.

As for upcoming games, Horizon, obviously Horizon is my most anticipated announced PS4 game. However Rime and WiLD have also caught my eye. Rime looks like an indie 3D Zelda-like, in that you explore eldritch ruins and solve environmental puzzles.

WiLD was showed off at last Gamescom and (watch the trailer below!), like most of the game's I've mentioned, it features a natural and fantastical open world landscape. More than the others, though, it purports to be an online multiplayer survival game with gathering, hunting, crafting and stealth. As if the possibility of a polished AAA survival game wasn't enough, the devs also claim that players can play as any of the many animals, humans, and skeleton creatures in that world (not to mention many of the animals look rideable). There are wolves, hawks, deer, humans, giants, fish, giant fish, skeletons, giant skeletons (you get the idea.) I'm quite excited for it.
Check it out: https://youtu.be/hVcv4lihhUQ

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

WebHead

Sony conference was great. 80% of my game purchases will be on ps4 next year. I may get Morpheus too.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

CanisWolfred

Started up Mercenary Kings. Thinking of playing online co-op around 7PM EST, maybe a little or earlier, depending on things. Anyone interested? Again, I'm just starting out.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

@CaviarMeths I'll second getting Second Son, it's a must-have for sure.
Batman: Arkham Knight is another must-have too.
Since you like Musou games, Samurai Warriors 4 is a must-have as well.
Destiny is also a great game I'd recommend. I'd wait for The Taken King: Legendary Edition though. It comes with Destiny, both expansions already released, and The Taken King expansion of course.

For PSN games:
Don't Starve
Towerfall (if you have someone to play with)
Resogun

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

I'd say Towerfall is interesting enough as a singleplayer experience. Maybe not as much as multi, but the challenges and arenas are definitely fun in an arcade-y "just one more try" kinda way.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

^ Thanks for all the suggestions. Somehow overlooked Infamous and that's in my cart now too.

I should have clarified that for most games, especially Western games, if it's available on Steam/Origin, I'll probably get it there instead (Witcher, Dragon Age, Batman, etc). Buying the PS4 mostly for JRPGs and local multiplayer stuff, as well as the good exclusives.

How's Driveclub these days? Should I check it out or wait for GT7?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Faruko

I say, do not get Second Son, its pretty boring, the gameplay its cool but the world itself its lifeless and really underwhelming, most quest/side-quest are pretty lame, even a baby would have better imagination, especially considering the powers you have,

its awful and overrated imo

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic