Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 16,084

WebHead

Bigger isn't always better. IDC how big the world is. If the world is empty and uninteresting and the game itself is mediocre it means nothing.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

kkslider5552000

I maintain that Arkham City is the standard of what open world games should be. It's an open world but it's small enough so that it still has a focus on worthwhile and semi-memorable environments and doesn't need to make ridiculous graphical sacrifices (or cost a billion dollars) just to show that there's more empty space to show off and it's still worth exploring.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is confirmed via the web PSN store. Seems like the typical releasing a remaster collection to make up for delays approach.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is confirmed via the web PSN store. Seems like the typical releasing a remaster collection to make up for delays approach.

I personally know three friends whom once had an Xbox 360 and decided to jump ship to the PlayStation 4; those are the kind of folks these 'collections' are aimed for as well as fans of the series who wish to play the first three games again (in HD) before Nathan's fourth outing next Spring.

Looks like someone pressed the 'submit' button a little too early for this though!

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I personally know three friends whom once had an Xbox 360 and decided to jump ship to the PlayStation 4; those are the kind of folks these 'collections' are aimed for as well as fans of the series who wish to play the first three games again (in HD) before Nathan's fourth outing next Spring.

Looks like someone pressed the 'submit' button a little too early for this though!

Of course there is that like things would've been the same for PS3 players jumping to XB1 who wanted to play the 4 main Halo games before Halo 5 came out. But in the grand scheme of things, it feels like remasters are created mainly to make game droughts less prominent like imagine how empty the 3DS lineup in 2011 and 2015 would've been if the Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, Majora Mask and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D remasters didn't exist. You could argue it's surprising that Wind Waker is the only Wii U one though I think it's for the better.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

Grumblevolcano is on the money. Remasters fill up the release schedule and ease the wait for big sequels. You have to admit its effective. PS4 hasn't had any major droughts.

Anyway, I'll probably get the collection. Want to beat 2 and 3.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

Jaz007

I'll probably get the Uncharted Collection, but I want to see it first. I want to make sure it's not too much a of a lazy remaster.

Jaz007

Ralizah

Jaz007 wrote:

I'll probably get the Uncharted Collection, but I want to see it first. I want to make sure it's not too much a of a lazy remaster.

Evidently they're going to be remastered in 1080p, 60fps with better lighting, textures, and models.

I'm glad I only played the first game on PS Now. I am definitely going to be pre-ordering this.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Gamecubed

Right when I was about to replay the trilogy on PS3 they announce this lol.

I'm a hopeless Uncharted fangirl.... so I probably will end up with the collection. I don't like that they're charging $75 (I'm in Canada) for it though. Might wait until E3 and see if Amazon is offering any preorder deals before throwing down my preorder. I'd also like to see the changes they've made in action.

I know aside from the Uncharted 4 Beta, this isn't really targeted towards me. It's more-so for newcomers. So if you are a newcomer, I can't recommend these games enough. Uncharted 2 is one of my favourite games of all time.

Gamecubed

Ryu_Niiyama

Oh I've been on the fence about uncharted for a while...this would be a good excuse to jump in eventually.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Gamer83

Oh joy, a remastered collection of games I already played the hell out of last gen. I wouldn't care if Sony had other exclusives worth a damn coming out this holiday, but it and its lazy first-party studios do not. This machine is literally a PS3.5. I'll always be a PlayStation gamer first but I'm not going to lie to myself and pretend like Sony has done a good job. The hilarious thing is there are recent games too that are readily available and two of them (Uncharted 1 and 3) aren't even classics. Good games, nothing more. Yet when Nintendo announces something like Wind Waker HD the same people celebrating the Uncharted Collection were bashing the company left and right. Hypocrisy to the highest degree but that sums up the PS fanbase.

I knew Uncharted 4 was delayed so Sony could push this garbage though, so it is what it is. The sales have allowed Sony to become lazy and complacent and that's exactly what it's been.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Ralizah

Gamer83 wrote:

Oh joy, a remastered collection of games I already played the hell out of last gen. I wouldn't care if Sony had other exclusives worth a damn coming out this holiday, but it and its lazy first-party studios do not. This machine is literally a PS3.5. I'll always be a PlayStation gamer first but I'm not going to lie to myself and pretend like Sony has done a good job. The hilarious thing is there are recent games too that are readily available and two of them (Uncharted 1 and 3) aren't even classics. Good games, nothing more. Yet when Nintendo announces something like Wind Waker HD the same people celebrating the Uncharted Collection were bashing the company left and right. Hypocrisy to the highest degree but that sums up the PS fanbase.

I knew Uncharted 4 was delayed so Sony could push this garbage though, so it is what it is. The sales have allowed Sony to become lazy and complacent and that's exactly what it's been.

Considering how many PS4 owners never owned a PS3, it makes perfect sense to remaster the Uncharted games. This is especially so for people who don't have access to internet that it good enough to take advantage of PS Now.

The point is: not everyone who owns a PS4 played the hell out of them last gen. In fact, a large percentage of them didn't.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ryu_Niiyama

Gamer83 wrote:

While I'm normally not a fan of last gen remakes (it IS lazy) they do serve some purposes. Library padding we all know but it allows some games to reach more people. I think the Sleeping dogs port was a great idea as that game was underrated. Many Ps4 owners have offloaded their old systems so this allows them to play older games. OR with the new gaming generation many gamers have moved into different life stages and may have more money for games that they missed before. I remember buying WAY more Wii games than GC because I was about to graduate from college and I'd been working for a number of years.

So while there should be new games all the money in the world isn't going to speed up dev time in a positive way. Personally I'd go buy a ps4 right now if they announced a onimusha remastered collection remade the games from scratch.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CanisWolfred

Gamer83 wrote:

No. They delayed Uncharted 4 because it's f***ing Uncharted 4 and there was no way it would come out when they originally said it would. So they put in a quick remaster for padding the line-up and Sony's Wallet, because people do buy these, not because people put a gun to their heads, but because they wanted it. I'm really impressed by how difficult this has been for you to understand. You're like the people who complain about Nintendo putting out Ocarina 3D and Majora's Mask 3D as if it was something people didn't clamour to buy in droves, because they're graphical upgrades of games people consider to be among the best ever made. That's the case here. 10 guys in a cubicle spending some time upgrading 3 of the highest regarded Sony exlusives wasn't going to leave Naughty Dog too understaffed to make Uncharted 4 a 2015 release. They employ over 250 people, and they could easily get more transfered in from other Sony Studios if need be. And it's freakin' Uncharted 4. If the problem was staff, they'd be more than ready to fix that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

Going to change the subject a little bit here.

I treated myself to The Order: 1886 the other day for a not-too-grumblesome £19.99 (£1.13 more than I was hoping for!) and whilst I am not one to choose graphics/visuals over gameplay, I could not help but be extremely impressed in what I was seeing, and eventually playing.

The first time I was playing the game, I didn't even see the 'break' in the cutscene and (into the) gameplay; easily one of the most impressive moment in my many years of playing computer games! The gameplay is just above adequate however, you cannot help but feel curious to see what visual spectacular moment is awaiting you further down the line.

For a penny under twenty pounds, I am pleased to have purchased what is arguably the best looking game available on any format at this moment in time. I recommend this, if only to marvel at what is going on on screen. The visceral gunplay isn't bad either!

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

foobarbaz wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Oh joy, a remastered collection of games I already played the hell out of last gen

Not every PS4 owner was a PS3 owner. In fact, I'd wager a large population of PS4 owners are coming from an XBox 360.

Sony cited a study last year saying that nearly a third of their PS4 userbase didn't own a PS3. That's a huge chunk of people who likely haven't even played one of your biggest franchises.

DefHalan

Ralizah wrote:

foobarbaz wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Oh joy, a remastered collection of games I already played the hell out of last gen

Not every PS4 owner was a PS3 owner. In fact, I'd wager a large population of PS4 owners are coming from an XBox 360.

Sony cited a study last year saying that nearly a third of their PS4 userbase didn't own a PS3. That's a huge chunk of people who likely haven't even played one of your biggest franchises.

I feel like Remasters actually target the people that have played it before more than those that haven't. But releasing a bundle pack on the current generation before the 4th game in the series is released is just good marketing. It will create more customers for the 4th game while giving your customers a good value.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

WebHead

Gamer83 wrote:

Man you sure complain a lot.

ALOT of people, myself included, wanted this to happen. Yes its to make money but it also pads up the release schedule and eases the wait for the sequel. If it bothers people this much then stop buying them.

Man did anyone complain when ps3 got all those HD collections?

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic