Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 16,083

Grumblevolcano

The P.T. removal is causing all digital games to be unplayable if you downloaded it at all.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NinjaWaddleDee

Just got Bloodborne a couple days ago... And wow! Best game I've played in YEARS! And it is definitely my favorite ps4 game. The environments, enemies, music, and world is just so rich with detail and it just seems like so much thought went into it! It really makes me wish Nintendo would make another metroid game with this much thought and detail in it.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

rallydefault wrote:

So... who else is jumping back in to FF X with the "newer" HD remake coming out this week? I've had mine on preorder for awhile now... one of my favorite after FF IX, for sure (never was big on FF VII... shocking, yes).

I've never played a Final Fantasy game before, and I was actually thinking about jumping in with that one. I also wish Squeenix would port the first two kingdom hearts games to ps4 as well. I sold my ps3 for a Wii U before I could get the original HD remakes. So I never got to play Kingdom Hearts.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

rallydefault

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

So... who else is jumping back in to FF X with the "newer" HD remake coming out this week? I've had mine on preorder for awhile now... one of my favorite after FF IX, for sure (never was big on FF VII... shocking, yes).

I've never played a Final Fantasy game before, and I was actually thinking about jumping in with that one. I also wish Squeenix would port the first two kingdom hearts games to ps4 as well. I sold my ps3 for a Wii U before I could get the original HD remakes. So I never got to play Kingdom Hearts.

If you've never played an FF game, I would recommend X. It's old, yea, but it won't be such a system shock because it has almost-full voicing and the graphics update does a pretty decent job of not reminding you you're playing a decade-old game all the time.

But YES to the Kingdom Hearts! I played the first one, but nothing after it, so I'd love to revisit that franchise.

But, ultimately, I REALLY hope they announce an Uncharted collection for PS4 at E3 this year. I never owned a PS3, and that franchise is everything I love about games (I played a bit at a friend's house - fell in love). I would preorder that puppy during the conference if they announced it.

rallydefault

Ralizah

rallydefault wrote:

But, ultimately, I REALLY hope they announce an Uncharted collection for PS4 at E3 this year. I never owned a PS3, and that franchise is everything I love about games (I played a bit at a friend's house - fell in love). I would preorder that puppy during the conference if they announced it.

Between leaks about people being hired to remaster Golden Abyss in HD and the announced delay of UC4, I would be SHOCKED if this wasn't announced as a holiday release.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SuperWiiU

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

There were some rumors/leaked info that did say a PS4 version of the Kingdom Hearts HD remasters was in the works. So stay tuned and they might reveal it at E3.

I will never get why people say Uncharted is everything they look for in a game. It's just a corridor cover-shooter with some auto-platforming. Sony is so in love with HD remasters on PS4 that I wouldn't be surprised if they remastered the Uncharted trilogy twice(once before UC4 and once after) for the console.

sub12

Because Uncharted is a an awesome blend of great presentation, solid third person shooting, witty narrative, and very likeable characters (Nathan, Sully, Chloe). It's not about one segment, but the whole package.

sub12

SuperWiiU

sub12 wrote:

Because Uncharted is a an awesome blend of great presentation, solid third person shooting, witty narrative, and very likeable characters (Nathan, Sully, Chloe). It's not about one segment, but the whole package.

People must really be obsessed with story and characters and not care much for the gameplay to think that. Because judged solely as a shooter it's not that impressive. Not in the top 10 shooters available on PS3 at least.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

CanisWolfred

SuperWiiU wrote:

sub12 wrote:

People must really be obsessed with story and characters and not care much for the gameplay to think that. Because judged solely as a shooter it's not that impressive. Not in the top 10 shooters available on PS3 at least.

I can't even name 10 shooters I liked that are available on the PS3, but Uncharted 2 is definitely one of them...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SuperWiiU

CanisWolfred wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

sub12 wrote:

I can't even name 10 shooters I liked that are available on the PS3, but Uncharted 2 is definitely one of them...

Doesn't sound like you care much for shooters, but you probably do care about story and characters.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

CanisWolfred

No, there just aren't a lot of good shooters on the PS3. In fact, most of the ones I do like have less story than games like BioShock or Crysis, or at least less of a focus on it. I like Uncharted 2 because it's a well-put-together game. It has interesting set pieces, good pacing, level design that allows for levels to be approached from different angles...it's a good shooter. You don't have to agree, but I just can't say I'd respect your tastes in shooters if you think that's mediocre compared to your average PS3 shooter. :/

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SuperWiiU

CanisWolfred wrote:

No, there just aren't a lot of good shooters on the PS3. In fact, most of the ones I do like have less story than games like BioShock or Crysis, or at least less of a focus on it. I like Uncharted 2 because it's a well-put-together game. It has interesting set pieces, good pacing, level design that allows for levels to be approached from different angles...it's a good shooter. You don't have to agree, but I just can't say I'd respect your tastes in shooters if you think that's mediocre compared to your average PS3 shooter. :/

I liked the lighthearted story and characters and the settings of the series, but when I think back to the game nothing of the shooter parts comes to mind. It didn't leave a single impression. That hardly ever happens to me when it comes to shooters. It just didn't stand out as a shooter. I don't know what the average PS3 shooter is, but I doubt I've played it. I don't own very COD and Battlefield game, I'm selective when I can be.

CanisWolfred

And I don't remember the characters, but I remember the setpieces, the levels, the shooting...the gameplay left an impression on me. I find it hard to believe anyone can find the characters that memorable or endearing. They're terrible people, the story is as cliche as it gets, and the jokes are pretty phoned in half the time. I guess we're on opposite wavelengths on this, but I just think it's a much better game than you're giving credit for, and not having played some lesser games just tells me that your opinions are skewed...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SuperWiiU

CanisWolfred wrote:

And I don't remember the characters, but I remember the setpieces, the levels, the shooting...the gameplay left an impression on me. I find it hard to believe anyone can find the characters that memorable or endearing. I guess we're on opposite wavelengths on this. :/

I didn't say I thought the characters were memorable, just that I liked the general mood of the game and the locations. There were some nice explosions and crashing buildings and such. But when I finished the games they were back in the box and put away never to be seen again. I do remember I liked the multiplayer better, it got closer to that PS2 SOCOM feel than SOCOM 4.

NinjaWaddleDee

I loved Uncharted 2. Its actually my 2nd favorite game of all time!
Mass Effect 2
Uncharted 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee

My top 3 favorite games of all time.

Also I just beat Bloodborne. And wow, what a crazy ride! Although I pretty much hated the endings that were available.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

WebHead

Kinda hope Project Horizon by Guerilla Games is at E3.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

rallydefault

SuperWiiU wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

There were some rumors/leaked info that did say a PS4 version of the Kingdom Hearts HD remasters was in the works. So stay tuned and they might reveal it at E3.

I will never get why people say Uncharted is everything they look for in a game. It's just a corridor cover-shooter with some auto-platforming. Sony is so in love with HD remasters on PS4 that I wouldn't be surprised if they remastered the Uncharted trilogy twice(once before UC4 and once after) for the console.

I just love adventure games with a good, ongoing story. I love the Tomb Raider games. I love Last of Us. I just like that stuff. Sometimes I want to sit down and just experience a story, you know? No matter how "on-rails" it may be. I just get burnt out on all the open-world stuff everyone seems so obsessed with these days.

rallydefault

Kai_

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

It does have samey shooter conventions, but the story is fantastic. And plus the shooter stuff felt cool to me because it is similar to an arena shooter. Although the opening level was really terrible.

Cool, might pick it up if I can find it cheap

rallydefault wrote:

I just get burnt out on all the open-world stuff everyone seems so obsessed with these days.

This so much. Why do people suddenly hate linear games and shun them simply because open-world games exist? Linear does not mean bad, it has progression, some people prefer strong story and direction in their games.
Open-world games can be incredibly overwhelming with grindy aspects.

Edited on by Kai_

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

NinjaWaddleDee

@rallydefault Agreed. I personally get really bored with open world games if they are taking too long to complete. That's why I'm hesitant about buying the witcher 3 right now. Its getting stellar reviews... But I just don't know...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic