Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 16,083

Gamecubed

Okay, I'm at the very end of the campaign in Dragon Age Inquisition. I don't know how much I'll play after I finish the story, but I'd like to play a bit of it before I write my final thoughts on it. I'd like to attempt to slay all ten high dragons since I've already killed four of them.
I'm probably going to try to hunt down a copy of Dragon Age II after this, just so I can get the full effect. But I stand behind what I said, new players should try to play Origins first to gain a basic understanding.

Looking at getting Shadow of Mordor next for the PS4. Might pick up Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for my 3DS while I'm at it. I've been in a real RPG mood lately.

Gamecubed

PrincessSugoi

Does anyone know what's been going on with PSN lately? Since last night, I've been trying to login and verify my email address but it keeps timing out. I've tried it at different times during the day too hoping maybe the server was just too busy at the time.

Naturally, it does this crap when my brother finally gets back on Runescape and stops hogging up the PS4 so I can actually play something on it.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Blast

The only bad thing about Batman: Arkham Knight is that the story is just another "bad guys jump on Batman!!!' story. I want a villian to challenge Batman on a moral standpoint instead of just fists. So the story looks horrible to me.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tasuki

LoveSugoi wrote:

Does anyone know what's been going on with PSN lately? Since last night, I've been trying to login and verify my email address but it keeps timing out. I've tried it at different times during the day too hoping maybe the server was just too busy at the time.

Naturally, it does this crap when my brother finally gets back on Runescape and stops hogging up the PS4 so I can actually play something on it.

Been working fine for me all day maybe it's your Internet connection.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

PrincessSugoi

I wish that were it so I can just reset but my connection has been working fine all day. Netflix, email, the forums I visit, Youtube and even the PSN webpage pull up instantly. The problem is exclusive to when I attempt to log in or click the link in my email to verify the account. :-/

Trying to find some word on google but so far only downdetector.com is telling me there's other people having the same problem. Doesn't help but I at least I know it's not just me.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Jaz007

Blast wrote:

The only bad thing about Batman: Arkham Knight is that the story is just another "bad guys jump on Batman!!!' story. I want a villian to challenge Batman on a moral standpoint instead of just fists. So the story looks horrible to me.

That was one thing I liked about the Joker, because while they kinda brushed over it, he really posed the question if Batman was really doing the right thing or not with his refusal to kill anyone. Was he just letting people die because be didn't want to do it?

Jaz007

unrandomsam

Blast wrote:

No guarantees the story will be any good - The reviews will say it is the best thing ever though. (The mechanics will be but any story not done by Paul Dini has been not that good).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

MrGawain

Still on the fence about if I want a PS4. I'm tempted by Arkham but it isn't enough yet, and I'd like a few reviews before I make the jump. I almost bought one with the price reduction, but then I noticed I still had Xenoblade 3D and Smash, Lego Batman 3 and Bayonetta 2 to play, plus MK8 DLC, Kirby, Code name STEAM, Splatoon, and Yoshi within 2 months for the Wii U, plus I'd like to do other things than video games this year.

Disgaea. Madden, and FF may sway me, but at the moment I'm thinking on waiting until after Christmas to make a decision.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Ralizah

So, Silent Hills is officially dead. Del Toro confirmed as much in a tweet, and P.T. is being delisted.

I hope, for Konami's sake, that TPP sells well, because me and a lot of other people are never going to purchase another Konami game again.

Jesus, pretty soon the entire Japanese game industry is going to drown in the swamp of mobile markets.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SuperWiiU

Ralizah wrote:

So, Silent Hills is officially dead. Del Toro confirmed as much in a tweet, and P.T. is being delisted.

I hope, for Konami's sake, that TPP sells well, because me and a lot of other people are never going to purchase another Konami game again.

Jesus, pretty soon the entire Japanese game industry is going to drown in the swamp of mobile markets.

And to think they were still one of my favorite developers/publishers just under 10 years ago.

Ralizah

SuperWiiU wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

And to think they were still one of my favorite developers/publishers just under 10 years ago.

Same. I hate seeing giants like Capcom and Konami slowly rot from within. So many good IPs are being wasted.

Ralizah

Morpheel wrote:

Wait, for real? Silent Hills will never happen now?

Nope. It's dead. I recommend downloading P.T. before it's delisted, if you haven't already. Just add it to your purchase history on Sony's website if you don't own a PS4.

Ralizah

Morpheel wrote:

I just did, thanks for the tip.

I don't have a ps4, but someday I'll get around that, I guess.

It's a bit funny to me that the game I've enjoyed the most on my PS4 thus far has been a free teaser for a full game that was supposed to release in a year or two.

Edited on by Ralizah

bitleman

Ralizah wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

It's a bit funny to me that the game I've enjoyed the most on my PS4 thus far has been a free teaser for a full game that was supposed to release in a year or two.

Funny or sad?

bitleman

rallydefault

Ralizah wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

Woof. What kind of games do you like? I'm still getting a blast out of Last of Us Remastered (and gave The Order a shot - it's not HORRIBLE horrible, but it's not good. lol). Bloodbourne is up for me next, but then I'm moving right into the Final Fantasy X remake when that comes out in two weeks. Did you try Little Big Planet 3? What about something like Second Son? There's gotta be something that maybe you didn't know about.

rallydefault

NinjaWaddleDee

To Bloodborne, or not to Bloodborne? That, is the question. I've never played a Souls game before. I like a good challenge, but they seem REALLY unfair. Is Bloodborne at least a little easier?

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

rallydefault wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

Woof. What kind of games do you like? I'm still getting a blast out of Last of Us Remastered (and gave The Order a shot - it's not HORRIBLE horrible, but it's not good. lol). Bloodbourne is up for me next, but then I'm moving right into the Final Fantasy X remake when that comes out in two weeks. Did you try Little Big Planet 3? What about something like Second Son? There's gotta be something that maybe you didn't know about.

Is it just me, or is the Last of Us not as good as everyone said it was? The mechanics are fantastic, and the story and characters are great. But for some reason, it's just not clicking with me. Maybe after hearing about how good it was supposed to be for 2 years, and finally getting it, left me disappointed. Granted, its better than Uncharted 1 and 3, but it still doesn't beat Uncharted 2 for me. Maybe that's because I had no expectations going into Uncharted 2... I just don't know.

I really want to LOVE this game, and while I ENJOY it, and I DO think it's a masterpiece, it's in no way on my favorite game of all time list.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

CanisWolfred

Expectaions do play a big part, but still I'm struggling to understand the appeal of the game. It's a different enough experience from Uncharted 2 that I do feel it's not worth a comparison, yet still I find myself thinking "I wish I was playing Uncharted 2 right now" half the time. And the other half is literred with comparisons to a dozen other games I'd much rather be playing instead...really, it's like the FF6 of action games for me. There's nothing it does that other games haven't done better, and none of it seems to gel in a satisfying way, at least for me. But in FF6's case, it was an early enough game that it could get away with a lot of it. The things it was doing hadn't been pounded into the ground yet. But that's just not the case with The Last of Us...it's basically a greatest hits of the last 8 years of gaming, and much like a greatest hits album, it just makes me want to buy the things those ideas came from instead...

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

To Bloodborne, or not to Bloodborne? That, is the question. I've never played a Souls game before. I like a good challenge, but they seem REALLY unfair. Is Bloodborne at least a little easier?

It's certainly more fair, that's for sure.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic