Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 16,082

Ralizah

Alright, thanks. I might play Origins on my PC before going for Inquisition, and then use the Keep thing.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Gamecubed

You're welcome.
I do recommend playing Origins if only for an introduction to the lore and to get an understanding about how the world is structured. I'm glad that I did play Origins first... even though Origins did have a couple of sucky levels.

On another note. To anyone out there who has played Shadow of Mordor, do you have to be a Lord of the Rings fan to enjoy it?

Gamecubed

rallydefault

Yea, I mean, the world is explained pretty well whether or not you've played the previous games. What playing the first two will do for you is give you much more knowledge into certain characters and events (especially the whole Templar vs. Mage thing coming to a head). If it doesn't bother you and you're ok just learning about that stuff through journal entries, then you're probably fine. You'll miss the little nods to the past and stuff like that, but you'll still be able to enjoy the world.

@Gamecubed
You don't have to be a fan to enjoy it! It's just a darn fun game to play! Silky smooth controls, awesome nemesis system that creates crazy confrontations, etc. If you're a lore fan (mostly from the novels, to be honest), it is awesome to figure out who the ghost truly is. But aside from that, you're pretty much exploring uncharted territory if you've only ever seen the movies.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

WebHead

I pre-ordered Arkham Knight on PS4. This better be a damn good game. Idk about you guys, and I love the system, but all these semi-functional half-arsed mediocre titles on the platform are really beginning to irk me. Starting to feel like I just fell for the hype.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DefHalan

WebHead wrote:

I pre-ordered Arkham Knight on PS4. This better be a damn good game. Idk about you guys, and I love the system, but all these semi-functional half-arsed mediocre titles on the platform are really beginning to irk me. Starting to feel like I just fell for the hype.

Don't worry, us Wii U owners will invite you back with open arms as long as you destroy your PS4 lol jk

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jaz007

WebHead wrote:

Considering the track record they have with Asylum and City, I don't think you need to worry.

Jaz007

Gamecubed

@rallydefault thanks. I'm trying to get ideas about what my next PS4 game should be seeing as DAI is the only game I currently own.

WebHead wrote:

I trust Rocksteady. Asylum and City were both excellent games.

Gamecubed

SuperWiiU

Jaz007 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Considering the track record they have with Asylum and City, I don't think you need to worry.

The series does need innovation though. It's getting repetitive.

WebHead

DefHalan wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Don't worry, us Wii U owners will invite you back with open arms as long as you destroy your PS4 lol jk

I still have Wii U

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Jaz007

SuperWiiU wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Is this including or not including Origins? Beacause Rocksteady didn't make Origins.

Jaz007

SuperWiiU

Jaz007 wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Is this including or not including Origins? Beacause Rocksteady didn't make Origins.

Excluding, but also including.

CanisWolfred

There are Origins was blatant ignorable filler while City was a complete genre change from Asylum. I think they only need to make a more refined City experience and then worry about huge changes in the next game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

There are Origins was blatant ignorable filler while City was a complete genre change from Asylum. I think they only need to make a more refined City experience and then worry about huge changes in the next game.

Rocksteady said Knight will be their last Batman game though, so it'll be a while before they make another one.

Jaz007

SuperWiiU

CanisWolfred wrote:

Genre change? It just moved the game into a open city.

CanisWolfred

SuperWiiU wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Genre change? It just moved the game into a open city.

Yeah. Before it was Metroid-esque action-adventure. Then it became a Sandbox game. It was a smooth transition, but a transition nonetheless.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamecubed

The reason why City was so good was that it took what made Asylum great and made it feel fresh and exciting. It didn't make huge changes, but it made enough changes to be a good experience (kind of like what they do with Zelda games). I personally prefer Asylum over City though.
Arkham Origins was just a cash grab by Warner that didn't even think about trying something new. Completely unnecessary.

Gamecubed

SuperWiiU

Gamecubed wrote:

The reason why City was so good was that it took what made Asylum great and made it feel fresh and exciting. It didn't make huge changes, but it made enough changes to be a good experience (kind of like what they do with Zelda games). I personally prefer Asylum over City though.
Arkham Origins was just a cash grab by Warner that didn't even think about trying something new. Completely unnecessary.

It didn't feel all that fresh to me. Sure it got a sandbox, but the core gameplay was practically unchanged. Personally I didn't like the city layout that much either.

CanisWolfred

SuperWiiU wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

It didn't feel all that fresh to me. Sure it got a sandbox, but the core gameplay was practically unchanged.

If you're talking about the basic movement and controls, yeah. They didn't change that. Why would they? It worked well and also suited the bigger environment. The structure of the game was different though, as was the pacing and what you could do in the world. Personally I found it to be night & day, and find it hard to believe anybody who played both games for more than 5 minutes could say that they felt the same. :/

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SuperWiiU

CanisWolfred wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

It didn't feel all that fresh to me. Sure it got a sandbox, but the core gameplay was practically unchanged.

If you're talking about the basic movement and controls, yeah. They didn't change that. Why would they? It worked well and also suited the bigger environment. The structure of the game was different though, as was the pacing and what you could do in the world. Personally I found it to be night & day, and find it hard to believe anybody who played both games for more than 5 minutes could say that they felt the same. :/

I felt they could've expanded and improved on the movement and controls from playing Asylum and found they did very little. Sure, the pacing was different, new places and things to do, but when it comes down to it it's Batman fighting badguys and that felt like a polished Asylum instead of Asylum 2.

CanisWolfred

SuperWiiU wrote:

I felt they could've expanded and improved on the movement and controls from playing Asylum and found they did very little. Sure, the pacing was different, new places and things to do, but when it comes down to it it's Batman fighting badguys and that felt like a polished Asylum instead of Asylum 2.

How would you have preferred they expanded on? I personally felt like the basics were perfect in Asylum, and only some minor tweaks were needed in City, but that's me.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic