Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 16,083

Jaz007

I disagree, inFamous was amazing and you don't be dissapointed. The powers are great, and the world is a lot of fun to run around in. The story, graphics, and gameplay are all top-notch. The game controls like a dream. Well-deserving of the Gold GOTY trophy Pushsqaure gave it.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Namco

My PS4 will arrive this Teusday, I got a great bundle including ''The Last of Us'' Which was on my to play list for a long time. That's not the only reason I bought a PS4 ofcourse, I'm also looking forward to:

• Final Fantasy 15
  • No Man's Sky
  • Persona 5
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

shingi_70

Jaz007 wrote:

I disagree, inFamous was amazing and you don't be dissapointed. The powers are great, and the world is a lot of to run around in. The story, graphics, and gameplay are all top-notch. The game controls like a dream. Well-deserving of the Gold GOTY trophy Pushsqaure gave it.

I'd disagree on two fonts, I felt that the world needed a bit more variety in terms of objectives and things to do. As for the story I really like it but it seemed to me it was missing a proper third act.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

rallydefault

Faruko wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

I can get the Last of Us PS4 bundle for $370 (it's normally $450 here in Canada). Should I splurge?
I already have the Last of Us on PS3, and I don't like it enough that I would want to purchase it again. I honestly think I'd just give the download code that comes with it to my sister's boyfriend. But I would really like to play Infamous Second Son and Dragon Age Inquisition.
So.... should I go for it?

I say yes, i wasnt very fond of The Last of Us, the story isnt as great as people made it out to be and the gameplay its pretty meh, its a good game but not "the best game ever created" as some said.

Ah! I'm a new PS4 owner, and I ended up with The Last of Us bundle just because it was the cheapest (no real desire to play the game over any other, to be honest). But BOY, I LOVE this game! I'm on my third replay through the single-player (on grounded mode - woof), and I've already sunk dozens of hours into the multiplayer. If you're coming from Xbox and enjoyed the Gears of War multiplayer, you will likely enjoy this one, as well. But regardless, it still has a nice-sized community and the gameplay is very strategic and multi-faceted.

The single-player, if you really follow along with it, does have a spectacular story. As far as "OMG ZOMBIES" goes, it's not like that. It's more about the characters and their evolving (or some may argue, NOT evolving) emotions and relationships to the past. The more I replay the single-player, the more I admire how well Naughty Dog paced everything and how well-hidden the secrets and collectibles are. There's a lot to discover and immerse yourself in if you take the time to.

rallydefault

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

I disagree, inFamous was amazing and you don't be dissapointed. The powers are great, and the world is a lot of fun to run around in. The story, graphics, and gameplay are all top-notch. The game controls like a dream. Well-deserving of the Gold GOTY trophy Pushsqaure gave it.

Last I checked, you liked the first inFamous, correct?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

Just downloaded Bloodborne with the 10% off code. Hope this is as good as people are making it out to be.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Last I checked, you liked the first inFamous, correct?

Yeah, I loved it.

Jaz007

Ralizah

So, Bloodborne is interesting. I have almost no experience with Dark Souls, so this is very much new territory for me. Still haven't really gotten out of the first area (Central Yarnham, I think), but I keep making it further each time, and I can blow through challenges that seemed impossible not long ago.

The combat is a LOT like Monster Hunter, where you have to watch for enemy attack animation patterns and time your attacks and dodges around them. It's quite engaging.

The game is incredibly hostile to the player. After the game throws you up, defenseless, against a werewolf (a fight that you seem to be expected to lose), and you kill it not long after with weapons you obtain in a hub world, you stumble upon a wide area that is filled with utterly savage enemies.

Visually, the game isn't terribly impressive, with murky visuals and a somewhat sluggish framerate that dips when the action gets frantic.
Weirdly, I've heard complaints about long load times, but haven't noticed any myself. The load times are no worse than in something like Skyrim thus far.

The presentation is nice, though. The monsters are suitably horrific and grotesque, and the game has this atmosphere of constant tension.

I spent my first three hours with it making very little progress and swearing with infuriation, yet I somehow have been itching to get back home and play it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yeah, I saw someone complaining about 30-50 second load times, and I'm pretty sure Dark Souls had worse load times than that...

Load times are nowhere near that long so far. More like 10 - 15 seconds. Not snappy, by any means, but not ridiculously long, either.

Just killed the first proper boss of the game. All I'll say is: the whole experience was utterly terrifying.

Edited on by Ralizah

Gamecubed

The more I hear about Bloodborne, the more interested I am. I don't play Souls games, but this one has my attention.

PS4 with Dragon Age should be arriving today. Can't wait to set it up.

UPDATED: Got my PS4, and I've logged about 3 hours into DAI. My impressions are pretty positive so far. I wasn't expecting the controller to be such a step-up from the PS3, but it is. It just feels nicer in my hands and my fingers don't feel as crammed together. I'm not nuts about the touchpad though. I kind of wish they would have just left the centre buttons alone.

My impressions about DAI are that this game is a heck of a lot bigger than I realized. It's almost daunting. I'd love to play more, but I'm just too tired.

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

WebHead

Gamecubed wrote:

The more I hear about Bloodborne, the more interested I am. I don't play Souls games, but this one has my attention.

PS4 with Dragon Age should be arriving today. Can't wait to set it up.

UPDATED: Got my PS4, and I've logged about 3 hours into DAI. My impressions are pretty positive so far. I wasn't expecting the controller to be such a step-up from the PS3, but it is. It just feels nicer in my hands and my fingers don't feel as crammed together. I'm not nuts about the touchpad though. I kind of wish they would have just left the centre buttons alone.

My impressions about DAI are that this game is a heck of a lot bigger than I realized. It's almost daunting. I'd love to play more, but I'm just too tired.

Yeah I must say its probably the best PS controller every made. The touchpad and light bar do feel a bit uneccesary though.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

rallydefault

@WebHead

The controller is wicked nice. After being with Xbox for so long, going back to a Playstation controller felt so darn natural. The light bar doesn't really strike me one way or another; you can't see it while you're playing, so no harm no foul in my opinion. The touch pad could perhaps have some nice uses in the future - but for now, it's really just an extra button I'm constantly hammering during TLOU.

rallydefault

Gamer83

I always liked the Dualshocks but there was definitely something about the DS3 that bothered me. This gen Sony made subtle changes and, imo, came up with the best controller since the awesome SNES gamepad.

Gamer83

Gamecubed

Gamer83 wrote:

I always liked the Dualshocks but there was definitely something about the DS3 that bothered me. This gen Sony made subtle changes and, imo, came up with the best controller since the awesome SNES gamepad.

It's probably the best feeling controller I've used since the Gamecube. I didn't have an issue with the DS3, it's basically the DS2 with some very subtle plastic surgery. But I do believe the DS4 is superior in every way.... except for the centre buttons. I keep trying to reach for "start" and "select" and they aren't there. Then I keep thinking the "share" button is "select". I'm sure I'll adapt, but it feels so weird not having them there.

Gamecubed

Ralizah

I still prefer the DS2 in pretty much every way. It was the perfect playstation controller.

So far Bloodborne is my GOTY. It's an incredibly intense and captivating experience, despite the glitches and somewhat disappointing graphical fidelity. I fully expect XCX to surpass this, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Gamecubed

I've clocked 15 hours on Dragon Age Inquisition. I JUST reached Skyhold last night after work. If I had played this in 2014, it would have easily been game of the year for me, beating out Bayonetta 2. Heck, it may even be my personal GOTY this year. This is a game that obviously benefited greatly from being delayed.

I'll probably look into Bloodborne after I finish DAI. Witcher 3 and Splatoon might be out by the time I'm done with DAI though, so who knows.

Gamecubed

Ralizah

The third boss in Bloodborne is insanely vicious, and I don't know anywhere I can buy more fire paper, so I'm just going to have to take him down with skill alone. Which is hard when said boss can practically sweep the entire room with some of his attacks and constantly tries to poison you, requiring you to activate a very slow animation to use an antidote. UGH.

Also, somehow managed to get invaded yesterday. Some player started attacking me. He was quick, but I still managed to kill him.

This game hurts so much, and I love it.

Gamecubed wrote:

I've clocked 15 hours on Dragon Age Inquisition. I JUST reached Skyhold last night after work. If I had played this in 2014, it would have easily been game of the year for me, beating out Bayonetta 2. Heck, it may even be my personal GOTY this year. This is a game that obviously benefited greatly from being delayed.

I'll probably look into Bloodborne after I finish DAI. Witcher 3 and Splatoon might be out by the time I'm done with DAI though, so who knows.

I want to play Inquisition, but I've been told I should play the previous titles in the series first to understand a lot of what's going on in the background. Is this consistent with your experience of the game?

Edited on by Ralizah

CanisWolfred

^I only played Dragon Age: Origins for about 3 hours, while I've played Inquisition for about as many hours as Gamecubed...so far, I haven't felt that lost as far as the story goes. Granted, I haven't been doing a lot of dialogue trees, but it always gives you the option to delve more in the backstory if you want it. There are probably stuff for those who played the other two games, but so far it seems like a story that stands pretty well on its own.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamecubed

I've played Origins and like two of the DLCs from it, and I haven't played DA2 (I can't find a copy of it anywhere).
As far as the story is concerned... eh... there are little things that some characters say here and there, but I haven't really encountered anything that would stop a newcomer from enjoying it. There is always the odd reference here and there (ie. they talk about the Blight from DAO), but it's not a direct sequel at all.

Am I getting more out of it because I played Origins? Yeah, I think so. Do I think I would get more out of it if I had played DA2? Yeah, probably. But as far as I'm concerned, DAI can stand by itself. It's not like you'd be playing Mass Effect 3 without playing the first two. It's far more welcoming. A lot of the dialogue options allow for you to delve into the lore if you aren't familiar with it.

I also used the Dragon Age Keep where you can set up the world history to your liking by making important choices from the last games and import it to DAI, and you can play it back and get up to speed on everything. I would actually suggest doing that.

Gamecubed

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic