Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 16,083

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

Even though I have way too many games to play, I'm thinking about getting Strike Suit Zero on sale. Would anyone recommend it?

I had it on PC and it's pretty fun. Did you play Star Wars: Battlefront II? It's like the space battles in that game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Even though I have way too many games to play, I'm thinking about getting Strike Suit Zero on sale. Would anyone recommend it?

I had it on PC and it's pretty fun. Did you play Star Wars: Battlefront II? It's like the space battles in that game.

I think I'll get it then. I loved Star Wars: Battlefront 2 to death. Thanks. The next question is what place will it get in my ever increasing backlog...

Jaz007

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

I should note there's no on-foot fighting like in BFII, and the fighters are more of the focus.

I know, I figured you meant it like that.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

I ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order on Amazon because it was rediculously cheap and I had credit leftover. I hope it's good.

Also, just got Grim Fandango Remastered. I'll let you know how it is when it installs...in 8 hours. :/

That said, I haven't played any PS4 game much outside of Dragon Age, though. Thinking I should fix that. Which do you recommend I should play first:

Transistor
Towerfall
Styx: Master of Shadows
Resogun
The Swapper
Or Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

@CanisWolfred Those are all pretty different games, but I've played a bit of Transistor, towerfall, resogun, swapper and SSZ. Out of those I'd give SSZ, Resogun and Swapper a try first, then transistor. If you have some friends over, Towerfall is a good pick

Jaz007

I've only played Towerfall and Resogun out of those (even though I own two more of them...), but I reccomend Towerfall if you have someone to play it with, and Resogun if you're gonna be playing alone. Resogun deserves all the praise it's gotten too.

Jaz007

Dave24

If it was cheap, you won't regret it that much... although the game sucks on basic levels of game design and it shows it was made made by braindead people, who never touched upon FPS (or the source material/series for that matter... which sounds bad already), got the money and funding, also the Wolfenstein franchise from Bugthesda to work upon and you can clearly see that nearly as soon as the game starts.
I may not be able to write a book of the size of the Bible or anything that Erikson or Cook spew out, but I could say a lot how some simple design decisions kill the pacing of the game that should've been kept simple, which sadly isn't. The graphics are cool, sound too, plot is okay... But to me it doesn't save the game from falling to mediocrity. To me it feels like Doom 3 or Quake 4 - it's not stuff of legends, and it's not bad. It's just there. Nothing earth shattering (well, maybe except Quake 4... for the awesome idea only, because it gone down the toilet in the end).

I was thinking about remasters after playing awesome Saints Row 4 (now that's a game I can recommend and I welcome with open arms), I started thinking about other remasters that could go and make instabuy for me. Obviously Onimusha (which sadly is impossible), but from the realm of possibility and which has the chance to actually sell good (unlike DmC: DE, which will probably bomb) would be Batman Arkham previous gen games with all DLC. I would buy that day one even for some crazy price like 70 euro.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

Ralizah

Just got Resogun, Unfinished Swan, and OlliOlli in the last sale. Resogun is... interesting, so far.

The free PS+ games next month for PS4 are Rogue Legacy, Apotheon, and Transistor.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

Rogue Legacy sounds like...a game I would only play if it was given to me for free, so yay. Also, glad I got Transistor before it went "free" or else I wouldn't be able to buy it at all. Sounds like a game I'd rather keep than rent.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

Rogue Legacy sounds like...a game I would only play if it was given to me for free, so yay. Also, glad I got Transistor before it went "free" or else I wouldn't be able to buy it at all. Sounds like a game I'd rather keep than rent.

I think it's weird you can't buy games you own on Plus. You'd think they'd want you to able spend money to get permantly if you want to. Cause some people might to get their favorites while their on sale.

Jaz007

Ralizah

I'm just glad I'll be able to play Rogue Legacy on Vita without paying for it again. I already own it on PC, and it is the sort of game I instantly wanted to play on one of my handhelds.

Still holding out hope that 1001 Spikes either gets a generous discount in an upcoming sale or comes to PS+. I've been averse to buying it because it seems ripe for this kind of treatment.

shingi_70

I told people that the order was going to a men tier game. Save that $60 on Bloodborne folks.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jaz007

I just saw the new trailer for "Not a Hero" and it looks great, awesome, and hilarious. It doesn't have a PS4 release date yet, but I hope it's not too soon after PC (May 7th). Using "reasonable force" on crime is gonna be a blast.

Jaz007

Ralizah

Nobody warned me Sony had Steam-like discounts and sales on their games every month or so!

I still don't own any discs for the PS4, and I already have a pretty decent game library.

shingi_70

Ralizah wrote:

Nobody warned me Sony had Steam-like discounts and sales on their games every month or so!

I still don't own any discs for the PS4, and I already have a pretty decent game library.

Both consoles typically do them these days. Sony's just tend to be less publisized.

Its sort of the shame of this generation. I wanted to be mostly discs but with the deep discounts of sales I'm pretty much mostly digital.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Ralizah

shingi_70 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Both consoles typically do them these days. Sony's just tend to be less publisized.

Its sort of the shame of this generation. I wanted to be mostly discs but with the deep discounts of sales I'm pretty much mostly digital.

I guess the upside to the Wii U's tiny amount of storage space, combined with its unwillingness to deeply cut prices on its bigger games, is that I have a pretty healthy physical collection for that system.

shingi_70

Tell me about it, I only have 70% of my hard drive space left and will need to get a External soon. It doesn't help that the HDer twins install everything even if you have the disc.

I'll be picking up a few games in the next three or so months too.

WAT!

Ralizah

Too. Much. Sale.

Anyway, Axiom Verge looks like prime PS+ free game fodder, so I think I'll hold out until then.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic