Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 16,083

CanisWolfred

I thought Xbox One went down in Price but I see that was just for the holidays. That said, Final Fantasy Type-0 and FF15 are actually coming to the Xbox One, but since they're not on the PS3 and the PS4 isn't made by Microsoft, I decided that was the better choice to play my FF's on. Plus timed exclusivity of No Man's Sky.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

I also forgot Until Dawn and SOMA. The PS4 is becoming a GREAT console for horror games already, and I want in.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

banacheck

Ralizah wrote:

I also forgot Until Dawn and SOMA. The PS4 is becoming a GREAT console for horror games already, and I want in.

You forgot Street Fighter V, Tearaway Unfolded, Rime, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank etc plus more, if your into these sort of game's. If your into real Survival Horror game's, believe me you must play The Evil Within.

banacheck

Ralizah

banacheck wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

You forgot Street Fighter V, Tearaway Unfolded, Rime, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank etc plus more, if your into these sort of game's. If your into real Survival Horror game's, believe me you must play The Evil Within.

I've had my eye on The Evil Within for awhile. I've heard different things about it. I guess my primary concern is if it is really horror or merely a Resi 4 clone. Would you recommend it to a fan of the older Resi games?

Edited on by Ralizah

CanisWolfred

Top 10 12 PS4 games you're looking forward to ready set go:

1. No Man's Sky - I love exploration-focused games, especially in sci-fi settings. This game looks like it'll have those in spades.
2. Final Fantasy Type-0 - Been following this for too long. Looks great.
3. Final Fantasy XV - Could go either way, but that alone excites me.
4. Ys - Cuz Ys is awesome.
5. Persona 5 - Cuz Persona is awesome.
6. Kingdom Hearts III - Do I need to say why?
7. Rime - Gorgeous and reminds me a bit of Myst for some reason.
8. Night in the Woods - OMG Catz!!!
9. Batman: Arkham Knight - I'm behind on Batman, so I can't list it that high. Plus I'm not fond of Batman's Military Tank The Batmobile...
10. Dark Souls II: Sholar of the First Sin - I think I've lost my mind...
11. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition - Virgil's back, b****es!
12. J-Stars Victory VS+ - Animu~

Honorable Mention: Cyberpunk 2077 - I really need to see more of this to get excited.
...might also look into Bloodborne...

Now if you'll excuse me...I think I hurt my brain...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

^ How many of those are Playstation 4 exclusive?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Aviator

At least 3/4.

Night in the Woods is console exclusive.

Also, finished Alien: Isolation last night. Bloody brilliant. Few slow parts but CA did a great job of keeping up the tension, even if it was a case of moving from room to room to restore powers to doors a lot of the time.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

CanisWolfred

DefHalan wrote:

Pretty sure all of those except maybe 2 aren't on the PS3, so that's exclusive enough. I mean, what am I supposed to do, play them on an Xbone? Or play games on a PC??? Hahaha, that's a good one...too funny...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Pretty sure all of those except maybe 2 aren't on the PS3, so that's exclusive enough. I mean, what am I supposed to do, play them on an Xbone? Or play games on a PC??? Hahaha, that's a good one...too funny...

I play games on PC, don't understand why it is funny. I looked it up and I think Rime is the only PS4 exclusive, but a couple more are Sony exclusive.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Ralizah

Nippon Ichi posted the op for Disgaea 5. Holy cow, it's awesome!

Edited on by Ralizah

WebHead

Really loving the system still. Beat infamous first light. And 2015 looks great.I'm glad that Tearaway is getting a second chance on PS4.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

shingi_70

I was super pissed off how Tearaway one of the best games of its year was sent out to die on the Vita. So i'm hoping Unfolded does well enough for Sony to start investing back into 3D platformers once again.

Glad to see you guys still enjoying the system and the next two months should be really good for PlayStation fans. I'm still tepid on The Order myself from a gameplay and content perspective, but Bloodborne looks like its going to be the true successor in the soul line of games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

Sadly, Bloodborne, like Soul Sacrifice, is too damn gross-looking for my tastes to invest in it, but unlike Soul Sacrifice, I won't have plenty of better alternatives waiting in the wings.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

Bloodborne looks gorgeous, and I am genuinely stoked to play it. My only concern thus far is that either the gameplay has only shown off one area of the game, or most of the game's areas are very samey.

It'll have to wait a month or two, unfortunately. March is Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. month for me. I don't have the money for all three.

I've heard some Souls fans grumbling about DS2. Is there any legitimacy to the complaints? I'm tempted to play the next-gen re-release of it in April.

Edited on by Ralizah

shingi_70

CanisWolfred wrote:

Sadly, Bloodborne, like Soul Sacrifice, is too damn gross-looking for my tastes to invest in it, but unlike Soul Sacrifice, I won't have plenty of better alternatives waiting in the wings.

Lords of the Fallen is probably your only choice right now.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Dave24

Ralizah wrote:

I've heard some Souls fans grumbling about DS2. Is there any legitimacy to the complaints? I'm tempted to play the next-gen re-release of it in April.

Wait a month or two after the release, so price will get axed by half, if you want to buy it cheap. However, if you are wanting, then buy it day one for PS4 - you will have all the DLC, imrpoved framerate/graphics, some additional content, so if you don't have it for PS3, I don't know why you wouldn't buy it.

I think though that Capcom officialy lost their minds. I mean, "definitive DmC" edition is just... laughably bad. Why would you want to re-release something that sold pretty poorly for established franchise. But I know I'll buy DMC4 for sure! It only shows that people really are hypocrites - calling out Nintendo for ports and yet look, PS4 and X1 get them constantly. Why not calls like portstation?

Dave24

Ralizah

I don't see a problem with ports. To be honest, ports of the older Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid games for PS4 would be AMAZING.

I'll buy either Bloodborne or DS2 at full price and wait for the other to go down significantly in price.

Edited on by Ralizah

CanisWolfred

Hell, I'll likely get Dark Souls II solely (you see what I did there...because I didn't until I had to correct it, since it said "souly" before...) because it seems like a very extensive update at a lower price point ($40 on Amazon). EDIT: That was the PS3 version that's cheaper. Oops...

shingi_70 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Lords of the Fallen is probably your only choice right now.

I said "better alternative"...that's not better...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic