Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 16,083

SCRAPPER392

RR529 wrote:

So, with the recent PSN hack, do you think there's a chance for a second "Welcome Back" type program?

Ya. It's gonna be called the "Welcome Back Again" program. Just kidding

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

sub12

Does anybody else agree that the hate on The Order: 1886 is a bit unwarranted? I can understand how somebody may be disapointed with the early build behind curtain demo's from early last year.......but a lot of the fuss seems to be focusing on the fact that the game plays like Gears of War set in a steam punk late Victorian world........which sounds amazing to me!!! A lot of critics seem to pan anything that isn't open world these days, which is a shame, since linear gameplay experinces will always be able to do somethings better IMO.

The latest gameplay trailers look great.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

CanisWolfred

My problem is that Gears got old after the second game, and Uncharted already did Sony Gears of War to death already, while both series are QTE-Heavy cinematic-a-thons, while SteamGears The Order doesn't look like it'll have the latent knack that Uncharted had, while missing the over-the-top cheese that made Gears of War charming, nor does it seem to be doing anything that it could really call its own. It, along with Watch_Dogs, Assassin's Creed V, and arguably Titanfall and Destiny, makes for a good example of how starved for ideas the AAA part of the industry is becoming...not to say they're terrible, far from it, it's just that people are getting tired of them and maybe the AAA developers need to think outside the box.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

My problem is that Gears got old after the second game, and Uncharted already did Sony Gears of War to death already, while both series are QTE-Heavy cinematic-a-thons, while SteamGears The Order doesn't look like it'll have the latent knack that Uncharted had, while missing the over-the-top cheese that made Gears of War charming, nor does it seem to be doing anything that it could really call its own. It, along with Watch_Dogs, Assassin's Creed V, and arguably Titanfall and Destiny, makes for a good example of how starved for ideas the AAA part of the industry is becoming...not to say they're terrible, far from it, it's just that people are getting tired of them and maybe the AAA developers need to think outside the box.

I agree. Gears of War and Uncharted were amazing, but they definitely lost their touch after even the first games, IMO. The only thing that continued to be fun was the multiplayer, IMO, and that was basically tacked on in Uncharted 2.

All those games are kind of linear, but I feel like The Order is literally one big hallway with QTEs. There was a gameplay video where you have to press triangle to inject yourself with stuff. All that stuff has become so pathetic.

There isn't even going to be multiplayer in The Order, and that's debately where most of the game would be if it existed, seeing as everything else is a QTE "press play" experience.All the crazy a$$ weapons in The Order are practically begging for a multiplayer mode.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

RancidVomit86

I personally still can't wait to try The Order. It looks cool to me and I'll pass judgment once I try it. I think was the first PS4 game I saw and said 'I really want to play this'.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

CanisWolfred

I was sold on the idea of a "Steampunk shooter", but I don't think The Order is what I wanted. Especially without multiplayer. I hate multiplayer in most games, but Gears actually had fun online modes...kinda wish I had tried Uncharted's multiplayer when I had the chance. :/ I'm not a big proponent of tacked-on, me-too multiplayer modes, so I won't say it's not a big thing for me. I just think if it were a game designed with a faster multiplayer-focused pace in mind it might've been for me. Or really just...faster paced in general...with a lot less cinematic stuff that's really a cop-out for actual gameplay most of the time...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

RR529 wrote:

So, with the recent PSN hack, do you think there's a chance for a second "Welcome Back" type program?

Honestly I wish people would get their facts straight. The Christmas thing was an attack not a hack. A hack would be someone gaining access to areas they normal aren't able to access like credit card info, email addresses etc.

This was a DDoS ATTACK which is basically an overload of the server. This is what happens on launch day of online games pretty much except the Christmas attack was not actually people logging on to the systems but bots. Its like a turnstile at an amusement park which controls people entering the park. Now picture everybody in line at the park rushing the turnstile to get in at the same time and that is basically what a DDoS attack is. During this type of attack no information is stolen or breeched it's just an inconvenience for people trying to get online.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ralizah

Got a PS4 recently.

Between
The Last of Us Remastered
Shadow of Mordor
InFAMOUS Second Son

Which one would people recommend getting first?
To be clear, I've never played TLOU or any of the InFAMOUS games before.

Probably won't get GTA V yet as I recently downloaded Far Cry 4 with the bundle and am unsure if I could manage to juggle two huge open-world games at the same time.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

DefHalan

I just started playing Shadow of Mordor on my PC, so f you like Lord of the Rings stuff I suggest checking that out. It seems like a big game so I am not sure if you would rather go with something more linear instead

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Dave24

Shadow of Mordor is awesome. If you enjoy Arkham games, then go for it. inFamous is cool, too, don't get me wrong, but it has some annoyances. Warning with Shadow of Mordor, though, because it can screw with your console - to me, it caused overheating at one point. Thankfully, no damage to the console was done.

Dave24

sub12

Shadow of Mordor is actually pretty small and linear for an open world title, once you understand how to exploit the weaknesses of the orc captains and chiefs, it's pretty straightforward.

sub12

Ralizah

Actually not a big LOTR fan at all, but I don't mind a story set in Middle Earth as long as I don't need to be a Tolkien otaku to be able to follow it. This game looks pretty neat, though. Never played an Assassin's Creed game besides the awful Vita one, but I do enjoy the Arkham games quite a bit. Looks like I'll be downloading this soon. Thanks, guys.

One more question, for the people who played Dragon Age: Inquisition: do I need to play the earlier games to be able to appreciate this one? I've heard mixed reactions. I get I'll have a fuller appreciation for the game world if I play previous games in the series, and that it isn't a reboot or anything of the like, but I don't want to be totally confused by the story or bombarded with reoccuring characters that the game makes no attempts at introducing.

Chrono_Cross

Ralizah wrote:

One more question, for the people who played Dragon Age: Inquisition: do I need to play the earlier games to be able to appreciate this one? I've heard mixed reactions. I get I'll have a fuller appreciation for the game world if I play previous games in the series, and that it isn't a reboot or anything of the like, but I don't want to be totally confused by the story or bombarded with reoccuring characters that the game makes no attempts at introducing.

You'll be fine. Inquisition has nothing to do with its predecessors' story.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Dave24

The simple answer is no.

The long one - if you want to know every single thing and "this and that" reminders of previous games, then play both of them. When you start playing, don't be confused by the beginning - everything is explained later. The game does the good job of explaining things, my biggest problem with it is the font, though. Worst thing ever, and way too small.

Dave24

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Ralizah - Probably Shadow of Mordor. I like inFamous: SS more, but it's another open-world game...

I thought Shadow of Mordor was too.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Ralizah - Probably Shadow of Mordor. I like inFamous: SS more, but it's another open-world game...

I thought Shadow of Mordor was too.

I was under the impression that it was like Sub12 said - a very linear and small open-world game that barely fits the category. You know, like Arkham City, where it's an Open World game for people who...don't necessarily care for the open world part...could be wrong, though. I still need to get the game and play it.

Also, Inquisition better not require the previous two games, because like hell am I playing those...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

Awesome. I'll definitely pick up Inquisition soon, then.

Thanks, guys!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic