Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 16,083

LzWinky

get2sammyb wrote:

This is a brilliant thread; loving the PS4 passion in here. Don't forget that you can use your Nintendo Life username on Push Square, so if you fancy joining the discussion over there, we'd love to have you.

If not, then please continue as you were...

Shameless advertising at its best folks

Anyway, I do wonder when Sony will realize they need to ditch half their branches. Playstation is selling like crazy but Sony is still at a net loss. And Nintendo is having a profit finally.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Hy8ogen

Guys, if you updated your ps4 to the latest firmware, try your best to not use the Rest Mode. That mode is bugged and will potentially bricked your ps4 or make you do a force restart that might corrupt your hard drive.

I was one of the lucky few that the Rest Mode bug did not affect my system. But there are a lot of users out there who are suffering from this bug.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

@SCAR392 PS4 is beating Wii numbers currently that is a fact.

Actually, they're about even. If we are really going to say 330,000 consoles makes that big of a difference, then we might as well have said Wii U is a sales success before Xbox One and PS4 even came out, because it had 4 million consoles before they had 1. Besides, everyone was buying Wii; not just Nintendo fans. The only people buying PS4s are PS fans, and Sony said themselves that they actually want the same type of people that bought Wii as PS4, which aren't Sony fans.

EDIT: Also, Wii U's software attach ratio is destroying PS4's, even though there are less consoles sold. That matters, BTW.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jazzer94

Good golly this looks amazing.

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@SCAR392 PS4 is beating Wii numbers currently that is a fact.

Actually, they're about even. If we are really going to say 330,000 consoles makes that big of a difference, then we might as well have said Wii U is a sales success before Xbox One and PS4 even came out, because it had 4 million consoles before they had 1. Besides, everyone was buying Wii; not just Nintendo fans. The only people buying PS4s are PS fans, and Sony said themselves that they actually want the same type of people that bought Wii as PS4, which aren't Sony fans.

EDIT: Also, Wii U's software attach ratio is destroying PS4's, even though there are less consoles sold. That matters, BTW.

More games seem to have sold over a million on PS4 but that wasn't even the original point so............

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

I didn't see a PS3 Thread so I figure I will post this here.

My Wife bought a PS3 used for about $60. Then we had to buy a controller cause the two that came with it were garbage, so we are up to $100. She got this for 1 major reason: PvZ Garden Warfare. She loves the PvZ series and wanted to game online with her friend. (who also has a PS3) So total so far $120. I have spent the majority of the day setting it up, running out to buy more accessories so it is ready to go for her when she got home. (Bluetooth headset $20 and the controller I mentioned earlier) First, the PS3 UI is the worst I have ever experienced. (haven't gotten to mess around with Xbone or PS4 yet) Everything you do is accompanied by the same sound effect. (A small beep) Which becomes annoying very fast. Then when you finally make it onto the PSN store it doesn't automatically download on the background, you have to select that. After you select to download in the background, it won't download unless the system is on. Then once it is finally downloaded the item needs to install. (It doesn't do that automatically) After the game installs and you boot it up then it needs to get a patch. After it downloads the patxh it needs to install the patch. Then you can finally play whatever game/demo you downloaded.

If it is a game disc, then after the patch is downloaded then the game itself needs to install.

Second, why the heck doesn't a co-op focused shooter not have split-screen multiplayer? Garden Warfare also doesn't have a tutorial mode (not thatmy wife found anyways, making her first time playing a sour experience) I am now staying up way to late trying to learn the game so I can help her play it by herself ttomorrow.

The only reason why I was accepting of her choiceto buy a PS3 was the free online multipler, but it is a worst setup than what the Wii U offers. This has been a truly terrible experience and would not be to upset if the PS3 caught fire at some point tonight.

Sorry just wanted to get that off my chest

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SuperWiiU

DefHalan wrote:

I didn't see a PS3 Thread so I figure I will post this here.

My Wife bought a PS3 used for about $60. Then we had to buy a controller cause the two that came with it were garbage, so we are up to $100. She got this for 1 major reason: PvZ Garden Warfare. She loves the PvZ series and wanted to game online with her friend. (who also has a PS3) So total so far $120. I have spent the majority of the day setting it up, running out to buy more accessories so it is ready to go for her when she got home. (Bluetooth headset $20 and the controller I mentioned earlier) First, the PS3 UI is the worst I have ever experienced. (haven't gotten to mess around with Xbone or PS4 yet) Everything you do is accompanied by the same sound effect. (A small beep) Which becomes annoying very fast. Then when you finally make it onto the PSN store it doesn't automatically download on the background, you have to select that. After you select to download in the background, it won't download unless the system is on. Then once it is finally downloaded the item needs to install. (It doesn't do that automatically) After the game installs and you boot it up then it needs to get a patch. After it downloads the patxh it needs to install the patch. Then you can finally play whatever game/demo you downloaded.

If it is a game disc, then after the patch is downloaded then the game itself needs to install.

Second, why the heck doesn't a co-op focused shooter not have split-screen multiplayer? Garden Warfare also doesn't have a tutorial mode (not thatmy wife found anyways, making her first time playing a sour experience) I am now staying up way to late trying to learn the game so I can help her play it by herself ttomorrow.

The only reason why I was accepting of her choiceto buy a PS3 was the free online multipler, but it is a worst setup than what the Wii U offers. This has been a truly terrible experience and would not be to upset if the PS3 caught fire at some point tonight.

Sorry just wanted to get that off my chest

You can turn the beep off(pretty much all UI's have a sound when you select things).

Not everyone wants to download in the background, it's an extremely small effort to select background downloading. A system always needs to be on to download. Newer systems can download with most of the console off, but the PS3 is 6 years older than the Wii U. Not everybody wants to immediately install an item after downloading, so it leaves that open if you did a background download. If you didn't do a background download and just finished all your Store business first and download all games/demo's together and not do a background downlaod it will also install them for you. If you decide to shut the PS3 down, it will give you an option to finish your remaining downloads and install them before shutting down automatically. You can check if their are patches for your game by pressing triangle over it and selecting check for updates. That can help if you want to play the game later and not be bothered by patches then. Not all games require install by the way. There are plenty games that boot up from disc.

I'm not saying that the PS3 UI is great(and I'm surprised you didn't even mention how slow the store is), but there are ways to improve your experience in the future.

Splitscreen is very, very rare in games nowadays, even in co-op games. So don't be surprised if it's the same with the next co-op game you buy for your wife.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

DefHalan

The PS3 may be 6 years old but it could have been updated at any point. I don't understand why someone wouldn't want downloads in the background, or installs to be automatic. I wasn't given an option to finish my downloads before shutting down the system, so I wasted several hours. I don't want zero sound while navigating the UI, it is very annoying that everything plays the same sound. I didn't mention how slow the store was cause it is the least if its problems. The PS3 is such a terrible experience, I am surprised it bacame so popular.

I understand a lot of games don't include split screen co-op but Garden Warfare is a game that seems based on it. After we got it and then found out there was no split screen, I read an interview where the developers didn't think to have split screen until halfway through development and so they only have it in next-gen systems (probably so they didn't have to optimize it) and I think that is very lazy design work.

I am overall disappointed with the PS3, I have known plenty of people that thought it was great throughout the years and I took their word for it. Now that I have one and can compare it to the 360, Wii, 3DS, and Wii U, I think the PS3 has the worst UI. I fear the the PS4 isn't much of an upgrade either.

SCRAPPER392

Ya, PS3 was ahead on alot of things, but also behind on others. PSN isn't really as good as Xbox Live, and standby downloading being absent were the main complaints I had. Oh well. It's past, really.

Qwest

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya, PS3 was ahead on alot of things, but also behind on others. PSN isn't really as good as Xbox Live, and standby downloading being absent were the main complaints I had. Oh well. It's past, really.

Not past for me. I have heard a lot of people compare the Wii U online services to PS3 services and I think the Wii U has the better service.

SuperWiiU

As far as I know the hardware of the PS3 doesn't allow for standby downloading. That's why they never implemented it.

You only get the option to finish downloading and shutting down if you select shutdown.

The PS3 UI will grow on you if you give it time. It has double the system options of the Wii U and going to the sytem settings doesn't even take a 30+ seconds load time.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

SCRAPPER392

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Not past for me. I have heard a lot of people compare the Wii U online services to PS3 services and I think the Wii U has the better service.

I think so, too. PS3 always had worse internet than Xbox 360, too, from my experience. You can still get deals on the eShop without a subscription like PS+, which also applies to PS4, as well. I mainly had PS3 for bluray, so once I knew Xbox One had bluray, that was basically my queue to get rid of it.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

SuperWiiU wrote:

As far as I know the hardware of the PS3 doesn't allow for standby downloading. That's why they never implemented it.

You only get the option to finish downloading and shutting down if you select shutdown.

The PS3 UI will grow on you if you give it time. It has double the system options of the Wii U and going to the sytem settings doesn't even take a 30+ seconds load time.

The part about standby downloading is true. Somewhere along the line, the hardware wasn't built for it. It was basically going off of early wifi integration, which even the Wii had.

I don't really agree with the massive amount of options, though. Most of them don't really do anything. The only thing from the PS3 UI that I wish other consoles had, was the printer hookup, otherwise most of them don't really do much of anything worthwhile.

Qwest

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I think so, too. PS3 always had worse internet than Xbox 360, too, from my experience. You can still get deals on the eShop without a subscription like PS+, which also applies to PS4, as well. I mainly had PS3 for bluray, so once I knew Xbox One had bluray, that was basically my queue to get rid of it.

You get sales without Plus, they're just better with it.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

You get sales without Plus, they're just better with it.

It depends. If we are talking subscription based discounts, I've seen some pretty cheap deals on Games with Gold that I think would be hard for PS4 to beat, especially since they don't even have games Ryse or Titanfall. That's more a topic about which exclusives are whoevers' preference.

Qwest

SuperWiiU

SCAR392 wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

The part about standby downloading is true. Somewhere along the line, the hardware wasn't built for it. It was basically going off of early wifi integration, which even the Wii had.

I don't really agree with the massive amount of options, though. Most of them don't really do anything. The only thing from the PS3 UI that I wish other consoles had, was the printer hookup, otherwise most of them don't really do much of anything worthwhile.

They don't do anything for you, but they do for me. Just like I don't care for a printer hookup on my consoles.

SCRAPPER392

SuperWiiU wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

They don't do anything for you, but they do for me. Just like I don't care for a printer hookup on my consoles.

Well, if you tell me what system options you are specifically talking about, then I'll have a better idea of why you need said options.

Qwest

DefHalan

@Tasuki
Sorry for the derailment, I couldn't find the PS3 thread (wasn't in the first few pages of threads) so I just posted here. Figured it wouldn't be bad since it was Sony related.

DefHalan

So since I got the PS3 one game I am thinking of getting is Destiny. I see the offer where I can get the PS4 version for free if I buy the PS3 digital version before January 15th. Does anyone know if there is a time-frame I have to upgrade to the PS4 or no matter when I upgrade I will get the PS4 version for free?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic