Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 16,083

banacheck

Been playing Diablo3:UEE Adventure Mode, Bounties & Rifts, I'll be downloading First Light in a bit after playing more Diablo.

banacheck

Gamer83

About 3/4 of the way through and I'd highly recommend inFamous: First Light to fans of the series. One of the better expansions I've played for any series. Fetch was one of my favorite characters in Second Son and it was nice to get a chance to see her in a lead role and like @Jaz007 posted, for the price the game is pretty packed.

Gamer83

Faruko

Never had a PS3, the Last of Us is simply sublime

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

shingi_70

So Deep Down has been delayed into 2015 for the beta, but on the plus side it looks good.

Untitled

I do have to wonder if Capcom is going to regret making a really expensive free to play Dark Souls Clone. It seems they were jumping into the money pool of the first Dark Souls. Souls 2 however didn't do as well as from probably wantedbut they had good expectations. Meanwhile Sony has an actual Souls game coming out next year that will blow the sails right out of deep down.

Meanwhile Capcom made thier own WRPG style game in Dragon's Dogma and its Dark Arisen expansion and it did tremenndus on both releases. They should have followed that up with a sequel for the 8th gen instead of doing deep down. Espcially since WRPGs are really few right now on 8th gen and is a very popular genre and will only get popular with the abundande of Fantasy media out right now.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
Well, for Halo in particular, I consider it a more strategic CoD. You can take more hits, because of your armor, so you have time to counter attack, and there's just overall more to do in Halo than most of the FPS out there. The only thing I would say presentation has anything to do with the gameplay, is what the stages looks like, maybe the vehicles, etc. Everything in every game is part of the presentation, but it doesn't specifically effect the game in much or any way. Look at Killzone, for example. It has way better graphics than an Xbox 360 game, but it isn't even as good as basically any of the Halo games. It's not all about presentation.

I like the diversity of Sony's 1st party efforts, but I just don't think they work as well as games as they do eye candy and short bursts of entertainment.

I just don't like it when people tell me PS4 is "for gamers". I know people like playing video games on PS4, but saying that implies Wii U and Xbox One aren't "for gamers", because that's just some marketing term Sony through out there to make PS fans feel better or something,

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Faruko

Never liked Halo but to be fair, and while i do play console FPS, i dont like FPS in general nowdays

im such a CS maniac (play CSGO daily with my friends) that i feel most console shooters (or shooters in general) lack way too much in terms of skill, learn to spray, to handle the kick, team work (real teamwork, not like the one in BF...), etc...

So ive always felt Halo like "my first Sony" of the FPS, and i actually HATE thats its pretty much, the one that sees the other first gets the kill (since theres no spray and the aim assist its such that you dont even need to adjust the aim that much. In the end, i like to play console FPS, but i will never be as inmersed as i do while playing CSGO, there arent many better things in life then win a 2v1 with 2 headshots and disarm the bomb just in time.

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

shingi_70

Faruko wrote:

Never liked Halo but to be fair, and while i do play console FPS, i dont like FPS in general nowdays

im such a CS maniac (play CSGO daily with my friends) that i feel most console shooters (or shooters in general) lack way too much in terms of skill, learn to spray, to handle the kick, team work (real teamwork, not like the one in BF...), etc...

So ive always felt Halo like "my first Sony" of the FPS, and i actually HATE thats its pretty much, the one that sees the other first gets the kill (since theres no spray and the aim assist its such that you dont even need to adjust the aim that much. In the end, i like to play console FPS, but i will never be as inmersed as i do while playing CSGO, there arent many better things in life then win a 2v1 with 2 headshots and disarm the bomb just in time.

That's not true at all. With Halo in a one on one encounter placement and the loadout between the two players. I've been on the losing end of a confrotation and been able to get on top by out maneuvering my opponent..

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

Faruko wrote:

That's not true at all. With Halo in a one on one encounter placement and the loadout between the two players. I've been on the losing end of a confrotation and been able to get on top by out maneuvering my opponent..

Exacty. That's also why simultaneous kills exist. They shoot and kill you, but you "stickied" them. You both respawn and the game continues. Complaining about seeing someone first, determining the win, is like complaining about someone killing you while you are sniping, which effectively makes any FPS pointless.

I would always just drive the helicopter with 2 people on there. If a full team of people can't take out a helicopter, than I wouldn't really consider that " cheap" anymore.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Gamer83

Well, if we can just get 1/3 of the games Sony announced at its pre-TGS conference to come to the West I feel much better about my PS4 purchase.

Gamer83

shingi_70

In the west it feels good, but I don't think Sony helped themselves in japan by making everything crossplatform, though it means I could buy a Vita TV and be happy til 2016.

But it was a good show since you know Xseed and Marvelous will pick up the slack. Too bad that Dragon Quest game will probably never come over, despite it probably being an indicator that the next DQ is a single player affair.

WAT!

Ralizah

Persona 5 has been confirmed for both PS3 and PS4.

I now have almost no reason to get a PS3, so it looks like I'll be saving up money for a PS4.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

Disgaea 5. Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (PS4 AND Vita) A new Ys game. This is the kind of Japanese support I've been waiting for.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Jazzer94

Persona 5 will still most likely be a PS3 purchase for me but overall it was a good showing just wish Gravity Rush 2 news would surface.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

turtlelink

Another Persona 5 teaser is always a great thing! And between One Piece, Zelda, and now Dragon Quest, I really think the universe wants me to play a Dynasty Warriors game, haha.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

CanisWolfred

So apparently Battleborn is a thing. And I only found out about it thanks to a random ad somewhere. Like seriously, did I miss something or did no on one want to give Gameinformer views? Because I thought Gearbox making a new game would've reached my end of the grapevine in a lot less than 2 months later...

It looks pretty cool, though. It appears to be another co-op shooter like Borderlands, but more eccentric and colorful, which is good in my eyes. I guess the competitive mode is more like a MOBA or something, too. Also it's very pretty.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Bloodborne is coming out in February and I have to wonder after posting a 2 billion lost and the need t show shareholders PS4 exclusive software sales why would they put two games that are very similar in themes and look out in the same month.

WAT!

DefHalan

So... Microsoft is releasing a game on PS4...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Hy8ogen

Today I finally jumped the gun and got the PS4 the last of us bundle for 339 CAD and Wolfenstein for 29CAD. Didn't plan to get the PS4 this early but these prices were just too tempting. Well at least I don't have to worry about the lack of 3rd party support on the Wii U anymore lol.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic