Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,421

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,401. Posted:

If you are going to buy a system within its first year or so of being on the market, you will have to be patient with the software release schedule. Have you people not learned from the Wii U, 3DS, and so on?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,402. Posted:

I've been one of the most outspoken b*tchers when it comes to PS4 not having a great year one. I say this because outside of inFamous and MLB The Show, the exclusives haven't been great, and even in inFamous' case while I love the game, it's short as hell. The other great games I've played are all cross-gen. The two best on both PS4 and X1 are AC IV and Watch Dogs. Now, both are great games, but you can get them on the last-gen counterparts and they're still very playable and I think that's where the trouble is. There's good games, but you have to go in knowing it's more an investment in the future. I actually expected a better slate of first party games because as pitiful as PS3's year one was, Sony actually provided some cool exclusives but it is what it is. Can only hope 2015 will be better and that we start seeing more current gen exclusive content, not just from Sony and MS but third parties as well. Batman: Arkham Knight and The Witcher 3 are at the top of my list because those games are being made strictly for the new hardware and PC. And The Order looks great graphically, unfortunately the 'gameplay' seems like trash. Shoot something, cutscene, shoot something, cutscene, and people slam the Metal Gear series.

WebHead wrote:

If you are going to buy a system within its first year or so of being on the market, you will have to be patient with the software release schedule. Have you people not learned from the Wii U, 3DS, and so on?

There's also examples of consoles having excellent first years though. The PS2, Dreamcast, 360, Wii all had strong year-one lineups, hell even Gamecube had a great start. PS4's lineup actually isn't bad, it's just it's filled with more cross-gen and late last-gen ports than I expected. The X1 is in the same boat though. Fortunately most of the cross-gen release have been of good games.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,403. Posted:

The PS2 has been frequently made fun of as "that DVD player that plays games I guess" pre-FFX. Which is funny in retrospect but that was a thing.

360 no one cared about until Gears and the Wii had a good first year because they blatantly put development of every GCN game that would be released in 2006/7 on Wii.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying even as someone who has been harsh on this stuff, it's not as big of a difference as you think it is.

GCN and Dreamcast were almost immediately amazing though.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,404. Posted:

The PS2 was nothing more than a DVD player that could play games at launch, I'll give people that. It had a good Madden game, that was it. But in the first year it got Gran Turismo 3, Twisted Metal: Black, Grand Theft Auto III, Metal Gear Solid 2, Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy X. That's a pretty damn good year one.

The others are debatable but I was a big fan of the 360 and Wii right from the start, but I will concede my favorite day one Wii game is the exact kind of game I've been slamming Sony and MS for having an abundance of lately. GC actually ended up being my least used console after I bought a PS2 and Xbox original but it did have a terrific first year. I had a ton of fun playing Melee, REmake, RE Zero, Metroid Prime and the criminally overlooked Eternal Darkness.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,405. Posted:

When you are a launch/early/first year adopter, you are:
-buying the system at its most expensive.
-taking the most risks with the hardware.
-when the os has the least amount of features.
-when there's the least amount of games for it.

Those are the things you deal with and the risks you take.

WebHead

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,406. Posted:

I'm gonna be getting Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark on Tuesday, I hope it turns out well. It should be a good game at the least considering the blueprints for the gameplay have already been made and done really well already in a Transformers game. I also started a expert playthrough on Second Son yesterday. I'm playing evil again, just even more evil this time. (I tried not to kill civilians and accepted some surrenders the first time, and I think that made the story better so I'm glad I did it, but I won't be doing any of that this time.) Playing the game without having 100%ed it already is so much fun, enjoying it more than I thought I would. And another note about Second Son, I finished the Paper Trail in my first playthrough. The ending was disappointing though.

I was expecting more than an animated story scene for the white rabbit (whatever the girls name was), I didn't need a big fight with her, buy maybe a normal cutscene of them talking, or something. It was so anti-climatic. I really didn't feel that resolved after, I found a bunch of secrets, extra story info, and sure the mysters it had were resolved, but I expected her after all that taunting to be a bit more than a "thanks, you've let me finding freedom, I can't talk with you for a minute bye" ending for her part of things.

Edited on by Jaz007

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,407. Posted:

I got Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark at launch, and now since I've seen the move, I started playing today. It's a good game, it's like Fall of Cybertron, same blueprint. It also doesn't really advance from Fall of Cybertron, it does more of the same well though. It reuses a number of abilitys from FoC, but it also has been using a lot of characters that weren't playable (or barley were) in FoC. They've done some really good ones like SoundWave and Shockwave so far.
For those worried about spoilers, if you know the first thing a out the plot of Age of Extinction, they may not be any spoilers, I've played a few levels, and there haven't been any, it goes away from the movie plot immediately. Most of what I've played has taken place on Cybertron though.

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,408. Posted:

I just beat Transformer: Rise of the Dark Spark, it was a good game, a bit short though. I do have one big issue with the game though. The Cybertron and movie universes never collide, the Dark Spark is in both of them, but that's all. They both take place separately, and resolve separately. The characters never mix with each other, so I'm kind of ticked off because that was big draw for the game, heck, it's even plastered all over the back cover of the game, and yet they never collide. I don't understand how you make the big draw something that never happens.

Edited on by Jaz007

I'm gonna try again.

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,409. Posted:

Really enjoying the system so far.

WebHead

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,410. Posted:

Damn this and the Xone thread haven't been touched,

I'm liking my XONE but i'm thinking of selling it to get another PS4. Just seems that the PS4 will be a better platform for games. I paid for all my xbox one games with free money so i'm not worried about losing any of that.

I'll probably wait to see what Gamescom brings next month, but i;ll most likely re up on PS4 in september with Destiny.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,411. Posted:

@shingi_70 Wait you sold your PS4 but now might be buying it again, didn't you only get rid of it a little while ago?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,412. Posted:

@Jazzer94

Yep. Unsure what to do yet. I'll probably just wait and grab another PS4 in January to go with the one. .

Plus I really miss MLB, and the current going ons at Microsoft have me worried about the future of the platform.

If I do decide to go back to PlayStation it won't be till destiny comes out either way.

Pretty wishy washy I know.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,413. Posted:

@shingi_70 At least you've had time to gauge each console now should make your decision easier.

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,414. Posted:

@Jazzer94

Yeah, they're both good consoles but the PS4 seems to more for me.plus I'm guessing Microsoft's first party are out of whack with the killing of the TV stuff.

I'll probably just get a used PS4 system instead of a complelty new one.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,415. Posted:

@shingi_70 Seems like a good plan, I still can't decide which one I want myself might even end up waiting to see what the version two of the PS4 and Xbox One are like because last generation version two consoles were the best imo.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,416. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

and the current going ons at Microsoft have me worried about the future of the platform.

You mean shutting down the 'entertainment' division to get Xbox One back to being a focused gaming console like 360 from 2005-2009 when the brand was at its best? Personally I loved that decision and it's had me considering selling off my Wii U (which outside of six or seven games doesn't really have much I want) to get back in the Xbox fold. I'll probably be getting one in November with the Halo MC Collection.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,417. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Pretty wishy washy I know.

Understatement.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,418. Posted:

My cousin has a PS4. It does seem really slick, but I just prefer what Xbox One has to offer. There's more media and I prefer Microsft exclusives like Halo, Gears, and just how they support the console in general.

I'll be keeping my Xbox One, Wii U, and 3DS XL.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,419. Posted:

I'm interested in what Until Dawn has become now that its on the PS4. I hope its still based upon slasher flicks as I feel the genre could use more games like clock tower. Also the old SSM games being ported over is a pretty cool thing.

I just pre-ordered destiny and it sucks that some of the content I won't be able to play till next year till exclusivity.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,420. Posted:

YES! They're finally bringing Super Secret Max to PS4!!!

...seriously, what the F*** is SSM???

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~