Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 141 to 160 of 1,471

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

141. Posted:

:O huh

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

142. Posted:

It doesn't look like much though.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

143. Posted:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure it happens after most Console launches, or at least I believe it happened to the Wii U as well.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

144. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

better graphics
better physics
much online stuff

nothing to spectacular for me. WiiU unveiling was may more intersting because it showed new ways to play games.
this will not be able with the ps4 even though the vita can be used to stream games. the vita is a secondary device not like the wiiU gamepad

Agreed. You're essentially going to get a PS3 experience with a new lick of paint! Aka > Graphics & physics. Sony seems more interested in supporting Move controls, which would be great for the new Resident Evil reboot for ex. But there doesn't seem to be anything HERE gameplay wise that couldn't of been done on the PS3...

But you could honestly say that for almost every game. I mean pikmin 3 and NSMBU don't need the gamepad to be played.b

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

145. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure it happens after most Console launches, or at least I believe it happened to the Wii U as well.

It did drop with the Wii U reveal.

Currently playing: Torchlight 2 , Rune Factory 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

146. Posted:

But Pikmin 3 wouldn't look as incredible stunning as it does now on the Wii.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

147. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

But Pikmin 3 wouldn't look as incredible stunning as it does now on the Wii.

It looks like an uprezed Wii though. Also that doesn't ignore the fact that the game could b played with the gamepad unless there is some big change during development.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

148. Posted:

The graphics certainly looked impressive during the Killzone demo, but it was soooo boring to me. Just bland FPS gameplay with a spiffy upgrade in the presentation. Some of the cloud and social features seemed nice enough, but everything else was copy paste from the last gen.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

149. Posted:

I was actually real excited about this but one of the top things being talked about is a new Killzone game. That would be incredibly funny if it wasn't so sad. Haven't seen it yet so it might just be people being stupid, like stupid gaming sites trying to have HD Wind Waker (or anything) overshadow X.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

150. Posted:

Well yeah its like being sad that Nintendo will show Mario and Microsoft will show Halo.

Infamous is going to fall into next year with Knack, Drive Club, and Kill zone being launch titles.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

151. Posted:

@Sony_70
Game & Wario for example takes full advantage of the gamepad, an experience that can't be done on the Wii. Pikmin 3 like you mentioned is just getting a NextGen Nintendo graphical+physics face lift. And based on impressions the gamepad does nothing aside from adding a map...Which is neat, but hardly innovatiive. While the Wii remote plus controls offer a wider degree of accuracy over the standard wii remote controls found in Pikmin 1 & 2 for the wii...Yet the wii remote plus is technically a 'Wii' remote and could of been done on the wii...So you're right, THIS along with NSMB.U aren't 'next gen' playing experiences. And not all of them have to be, but when you're dealing with a launch line up and you're trying to show how innovative your new console/controller you better back it up. Nintendo Land and ZombiU were the two titles to showcase that which isn't too impressive! :p

The gamepad is still underwhelming compared to the wii remote in terms of innovation....Man The build up towards the Wii launch was just amazing. That excitement and magic just wasn't there with the Wii U. I'd say, the Wii U is the only unexciting and most dissapointing system launch in Nintenhistory. Hell, it's 'design' is cut and paste when compared to the Wii.

BUt whatever, there are a TON of amazing looking games on the way, so things can only get better from here on out, regardless of the piss poor advertizing,questionable launch and semi-underwheling gamepad innovations. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Captain_Balko

152. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I'd say, the Wii U is the only unexciting and most dissapointing system launch in Nintenhistory.

Virtual Boy. I win.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

153. Posted:

The micro game mini game in game and wario looks pretty awesome. I think a problem is that there wasn't a must have game that showed why the gamepad is needed at launch. I think game and wario would have been a good game to have at launch.

Going to watch the event again and post more coherent thoughts sometime tommorow.

Until than suck on this

Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

pntjr

154. Posted:

Is it just me or does the Dualshock 4 look... ugly? Like the original Xbox controller...

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

155. Posted:

@Captain_Balko
Whoops, i ment most unexciting 'Console' in NintenHistory. :p
The Virtual Boy was an epic disaster, with Wario Land VB and Teloroboxer being the only two diamonds in the Red & Black stink bucket of virtual hell.lol

@Sony_70
lol Racing sims don't interest me, not even Arcadey racers such as Daytona. i don't care how realistic the graphics become.I will take Super Mario Kart in a princess Peach heart beat. But In this case, to be more fair Mario Kart U! :p BTW, i'm getting a feeling that racer is only running at 30fps? 60fps should be the standard.

@pntjr
real ugly. Looks like a 2nd rate prototype!

And the small touch screen is hella stupid. They should of went all out, Wii U gamepad style. Still, my feelings towards the PS3 might change the moment i see Resident Evil 7 + Move controls in action.lol It may even give me the motivation to rent the system one day! :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

156. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

Is it just me or does the Dualshock 4 look... ugly? Like the original Xbox controller...

Probably not the final priduct, but yeah, right now it looks like someone modded a Dualshock 3...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

157. Posted:

Sony stock nose dives after PS4 reveal:
Untitled

Lmao, It wasn't that bad was it!

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

158. Posted:

@Wave boy

No problem just think it looks good and racing sims are good technical showcases. I am a bit bored of Mario Kart myself. All I want is an Fzero game with very realistic graphics , the gameplay of GX, and the crazy level design of X.

What did you think about knack? Its probably my favorite of everything game wise shown.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

SteveRod1992

159. Posted:

I'll like to see what Microsoft got up their sleeve to go up against Sony. Hopefully Microsoft doesn't go all casual with the Kinect and making that the main reason to have the next Xbox?! Can't wait for E3!

SteveRod1992

Nintendo Network ID: SteveRod87

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

160. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Sony stock nose dives after PS4 reveal:
Untitled

Lmao, It wasn't that bad was it!

Same thing happened to Nintendo when the Wii U was announced. Not surprised tbh.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!