Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,661 to 12,680 of 16,083

redd214

@Wavey84 For me its the pinnacle of the generation, absolutley loved it! Not without its flaws of course but gameplay, story, combat, sound, graphics it just hit it out of the park in every area for me. Being a dad of boys I think helped me connect with the story a bit more I think also. Part 2 or whatever they end up calling it is by far my most anticipated game outside of BOTW2. Though if its not grabbing you after a few hours dont feel forced to continue man, dont have to like every masterpiece out there. I find Last of Us/Uncharted games a chore to play for example!

Actually couldnt get into GOW3 Remastered. Loved the first 2 as a youngin but 3 just didnt do it for me after multiple attempts.

redd214

diwdiws

@Wavey84 different strokes for different folks. Sell the game and just move on if you dont like it.

diwdiws

Ralizah

I'd say my favorite exclusive on PS4 to date is Horizon Zero Dawn. Really surprised how much I enjoyed that game. It has some of my favorite combat encounters outside of a Monster Hunter game.

Still need to play God of War. I downloaded when it hit $10 and haven't gotten around to it yet.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

redd214

@Wavey84 Thats cool, Resident Evil is another series that despite gaming since the 80's Ive never actually played! As far as the Naughty dog games go, I agree with that. Played about half of 2 got bored, played all of 3 but switched to easy about half way thru just to get the story, and LOU did the same stopped I'd guess mid way and just watched the cutscenes on youtube lol. Def. well made games and I can see why people like them just never grabbed me.

redd214

Octane

@Wavey84 I'm in the same boat as @redd214, favourite PS4 game for me. But you can't force yourself to like a game. Sometimes it just doesn't resonate with you as it does with others (it happened to me with BOTW).

But I will say this. The game is not linear. Only the first part is linear, which tells me you're still in the ''first chapter''. Things will open up after a while.

If it's too easy, put the game on hard (or even brutal). But that won't last long, because I had to put the game back to easy for the final post-game fight. I just couldn't do it on normal. I played the rest of the game on normal and it was still quite a challenge. Can't fathom how people are able to beat it on the hardest difficulty.

Octane

Magician

I'm glad I held off on buying Uncharted 4 during the holiday sale last year, happy to get it as a part of PS+ this month. I'm also dipping back into MHW now that my brother has begun to make more time for gaming as of late. And I fired up Skyforge for the first time in three years.

I really enjoyed the game at the time, but after coming back I discovered that My.com really did terrible things to the progression system. I became a junior god before I left the game. My rank is 54, but now all missions set at warm-up difficulty have enemies tuned to rank 240. My junior god can't make it past the first trash mob without wiping.

Oh well, it was cool while it lasted. Game deleted, moving on.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

I really hope no more new Expansion packs for The Sims 4 consoles.
I saw it has too many great stuffs yet still pricey. 😣
My money is not ready for too many Expansion packs but i still want all of them.

Anti-Matter

CanisWolfred

@Magician I remember trying to get into Skyforge when it first landed on PSN. Sad to see that they opted to turn into a massive grindfest. I mean, I know it's expected in an MMORPG, but that just sounds excessive.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TuVictus

I finished Last of Us, finally. It was really great. I'm usually not one for stealth games, but once you're like midway though you can pretty much brute force your way if you want to. I tend to mix my playstyle.

Of course, Ellie and Joel had a precious relationship, and the ending makes me very interested to see what happens in the sequel. I know it's the apocalypse, but the game went down some dark paths that I was really impressed by. I really hope that moment between Joel and Ellie gets brought up or she otherwise finds out he lied.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Anti-Matter

I need some guidance to create bigger size of buildings or houses on Portal Knights PS4.
I used to play The Sims games a lot and always make smaller size houses, but when dealing with bigger buildings, i completely clueless. Exciting yet clueless to start which part should i build first. When i saw someone's buildings on Youtube, i was fascinated and wondered how did they calculated of block using and shaped the island with gorgeous architectures.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

RR529

Anyone know of where to get decently priced Move controllers (in the US)? A third party seller on Amazon apparently is selling pairs for $177 together, but I definitely want to shop around before committing to a price that high (that, and there's always a bit of a trust issue with 3rd party sellers).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

@Tasuki, GameStop's website was sold out, but thanks.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

TuVictus

Just finished Wall Market in FF7R, and my favorite part of the game is definitely the honey bee inn stuff. I think the game peaked for me there

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Zeldafan79

Hey can anyone help me with a problem I'm having with my PS4 controller? I've been having this issue where my controller will suddenly stop responding out of nowhere. I'll be playing a game and none of the buttons are reacting when pressed. I push directions on the d pad and it's like there's a delay and then all the sudden it moves erratically all over the place. It did this while i was scrolling up and down on a web page too. The controller is fairly new and fully charged yet it still does it. Any way to fix this?

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Dezzy

TuVictus wrote:

Just finished Wall Market in FF7R, and my favorite part of the game is definitely the honey bee inn stuff. I think the game peaked for me there

Yeah that was definitely a high point. There's are several more very good points yet to come though.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

RR529

After a bit of digging I think my search for Move controllers has come to an end. I found an online games store called eStarLand (they've been around since the 90's and have generally good reviews), and they had PS3 era Move Essentials packs going for $60 each (each one comes with a Move Motion Controller, PS3 camera, & demo disc), so I bought two. Just over $120, so I figured I'd bite.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Dezzy

So The Last of Us 2 has been leaked online by a disgruntled employee. Oh deary me.

I've just looked through the twitter threads. Lol, it's just a lot of people saying the story sucks. I'm gonna avoid reading any more though just in case.

I think I'd be a bit more worried if this was one of the games I was really anticipating, but my general reaction to it from the start has kinda been 'meh'. It's constantly given me the sense that it's just gonna be 'more of the same', which I really didn't feel like I needed. Especially not with the same characters.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

Sony's updated release dates:

• TLoU2 - June 19th
  • Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic