Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 12,661 to 12,680 of 12,940

TuVictus

I guess I'll get the game digitally assuming the retail ff7 copies don't make it in time. Though I'm playing through the old games now, so I may be too busy to start the remake by the time it comes out

TuVictus

Dezzy

@TuVictus

Square have apparently shipped all retail copies in Europe and North America ahead of schedule, to make sure they're available on time.

They've said the most likely outcome is preorders will arrive early rather than late now.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

Thought that was just for Europe. Cool, if so

TuVictus

Dezzy

@TuVictus

I just checked their message. It's actually Europe and Australia where they've shipped early. Not North America. Sorry!

Dezzy

Lol ok so the retailer I preordered FF7 through (a month ago) just sent me a message saying they'd ran out of their initial shipping, and so I'd have to wait for the next shipping.

Screw that, I'm gonna have to just use Amazon.

If I didn't make the first shipping and I preordered a month ago, they must either have a tiny number of copies, or the preorders are through the roof.

BlueOcean

@FX102A That disappointed me too for the simple reason that I got a PS4 at launch and I didn't have a living room CD/DVD/BD player anymore but now I play my CDs, DVDs and BDs on Xbox One X. Playing CDs is a great plus for me.

In other news, although PS5 is a massive upgrade over PS4 and PS4 Pro, some developers have reported, apparently, performance issues on PS5, not just because it's weaker than Series X but because it's less reliable. Let's hope that Sony can fix these issues before launch (if they are true).

Source:

https://comicbook-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/comicbook.com/ga...

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

redd214

Interesting stuff. Though at this point there's not much Sony could do to make me not get a PS5 with the games they have in the pipeline.

redd214

Anti-Matter

After all, the most important for me is the games i can choose from PS5, not the beefy specs.

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Octane

@BlueOcean Eh, that guy only retweets Microsoft, and only talks about Sony in a bad way. I wouldn't trust him as my source of information when it comes to the PS5. Just like how you shouldn't trust someone on MS rumours if they constantly talk crap about it.

Octane

link3710

@redd214 Serious question: What games do they have in the pipeline in terms of exclusives? I don't know of any confirmed PS5 games that aren't also on PC or PS4 (or in one case Switch), and google isn't helping.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

redd214

@link3710 well none are confirmed but Horizon 2, Spiderman 2, God of War 2,the next Gran Turismo etc etc. All are probably a ways out but it's like a 99.9% chance of all of those happening and coming to PS5. That's moreso what a meant, though Ghosts of Tsushima looks great as well!

redd214

TuVictus

I feel like one of those sequels will be a launch game to really drive initial sales. No clue which, though.

TuVictus

BlueOcean

@Octane I don't know him like you do but hopefully he and the person he is quoting are wrong. I don't necessarily "trust him", don't you worry, that's why I said "if it's true".

@link3710 Yeah I was wondering the same thing because I don't know any first-party PS5 exclusive.

The one thing I find interesting about this though (at least for speculation) is the variable CPU speeds and the unknown form factor because I'm very curious about what the PS5 looks like and what cooling system it has especially after PS4 (my PS4 sounds like a jet taking off) and Pro fan issues and how a variable CPU could affect software optimisation.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Dezzy

@link3710

They're no doubt saving the launch lineup to be revealed when the actual console is revealed! We still don't know what it looks like, or how much it'll cost.

BlueOcean

@Dezzy They have delayed (again) The Last of Us II so it could become a dual release.

BlueOcean

redd214

@Dezzy ywe didn't know what the switch looked like until 5 months before release and we got the price less than 2 months before release. In today's world I don't think it's that big of a deal that we haven't seen it yet despite the fact it's going to launch (presumably) in 7ish months.

@BlueOcean I'd bet money that LOU2 will just release with the ps5 and indeed be a dual release. I think it's wise for them to delay it based on what's going on in the world and the content.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Dezzy

@redd214

Yeah I wasn't saying it was necessary. I'd assumed they'd both planned to announce their consoles properly around E3 time.

BlueOcean

@Dezzy Also Nintendo is very secretive (and liar) while it's a bit of a new thing to see Sony skipping shows and hiding console and price until the end so I understand what you mean.

BlueOcean

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean They're all very secretive.

Nintendo's probably completely relying on Animal Crossing's success this year as things about 2020 were quiet on the Nintendo front even before coronavirus happened like the September Direct was very light on 2020 content and the Game Awards reveals were very small scale (Bravely Default II, No More Heroes III, MUA3 DLC) compared to previous years.

Microsoft's been very loud on the hardware side but very quiet on the games front. Games announcements are probably being saved for their E3 replacement digital event. Given Wasteland 3's delay to August, I could easily see stuff like the Xbox versions of Gears Tactics and Flight Simulator being saved for the Series X launch window. Microsoft for the next few months will probably all be about additions to MCC PC.

Sony's been quiet on both fronts but they're probably fully revealing the hardware and the games at the same time.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@BlueOcean skipping shows sure that's different. "hiding console and price until the end" isn't accurate at all really. We didn't see the actual ps4 until E3 that year and same with the price. This is exactly what they did last gen not sure why folks think it's some huge anomaly.

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic