Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,641 to 12,660 of 16,083

Ralizah

@JaxonH I might end up paying someone good money for a custom Mario version of that PS5 controller. Looks fantastic.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

The real question is can we use PS4 controller to play PS5 games ?

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Aha Amazon have now decided my FF7 will arrive tomorrow, after previously saying it'd be delayed.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

I guess Best Buy didn't sell out of special editions since I was able to pre order one earlier this week. Looking forward to the pickup notification tomorrow

TuVictus

Dezzy

This national lockdown is mighty convenient for FF7, since I don't plan to leave my room for about 4 days.

kkslider5552000

I consider everyone who owns a PS4 right now to be incredibly lucky.

Everytime I think of FFVII R, I can't even believe its real. There are games I love and care about more (some of which have also gotten good remakes), but we will basically never see a remake on this scale again. Maybe for the best with how long it will take to complete.

I'll play it someday, I'm sure but y'know...reasonable spending and all that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

@kkslider5552000
"I consider everyone who owns a PS4 right now to be incredibly lucky."

Not really.
I will never allowed FF7R touching my PS4 Slim.
My PS4 Slim is only for Cartoonish, Kiddie, Cute games with a few of Teen games.

Anti-Matter

JoyBoy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I consider everyone who owns a PS4 right now to be incredibly lucky .

It’s never been this easy to be so lucky right now; you can actually buy one.

That said, I think I’ll wait for the inevitable bundle to come out years from now.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Octane

Anti-Matter wrote:

"I consider everyone who owns a PS4 right now to be incredibly lucky."

Not really.
I will never allowed FF7R touching my PS4 Slim.
My PS4 Slim is only for Cartoonish, Kiddie, Cute games with a few of Teen games.

Untitled

Octane

Dezzy

It has arrived!

But it takes over an hour to install. How nice!

kkslider5552000 wrote:

There are games I love and care about more (some of which have also gotten good remakes), but we will basically never see a remake on this scale again.

Yeah that's probably true. Certainly not a remake spread over 4 games (my guess as to the number of installments).

There are very few classics that would really require such a huge scale for a remake. Even if they remade FF6, it never really had that same sense of scale, where you get a realistic sense of how big the locations are, like Midgar. They could probably remake FF6 in a single game, even if it was a 60-80 hour affair.

Edited on by Dezzy

kkslider5552000

Literally the only remakes that would blow me away this much would be if Nintendo either:
1. Remade Majora's Mask as a BOTW style game, but even close to as dense with content as Majora's Mask or
2. Remade Mother 3 with high quality hand drawn 2d art and animation (while also expanding the story in positive ways)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

FF7 was always the Half Life 3 of remakes. Even now that it's officially out (although my copy doesn't arrive until next week; boo!), and even if it's only partial right now, I still can't believe this happened.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

OK, FF7 remake is nearly perfect. This is the best thing Square Enix have made for a long time. Better than both Dragon Quest 11 and Final Fantasy XV.

The only major negative is that the change in quality between the linear story-driven sections VS the open exploration side-quest sections, is insanely noticeable. If you like RPGs for that exploration, looting, character-building stuff (e.g FF12), then this is definitely not the game for you. If however, you like RPGs for the story and character side of things (e.g FF10), then this is pure joy. I haven't smiled, laughed, and cried at a game this much for a long time.

Luckily the story-driven linear stuff is like 70% of the game. The exploration stuff is the remaining 30%, and you can just skip through it if you want, so it doesn't really ruin the game at all.

Edited on by Dezzy

EvilLucario

My copy actually arrived today! The dates were crazy as hell, going from Tuesday to Sunday to just now. Crazy lmao.

Currently installing, 12 minutes left. Hopefully it's a good time.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

redd214

The game is just sublime! This is from someone who's never played a FF game, has no nostalgia for it, doesn't typically like Jrpgs, doesn't watch anime etc etc. I check none of the boxes but damn they made a stellar experience! Very few complaints about it they really did a great job.

Though I will add the game is kicking my ps4 pros ass lol. Haven't heard a fan this loud since the OG ps4. Really glad it's an issue they're apparently addressing on the ps5

Edited on by redd214

redd214

TuVictus

I think the game is causing my PS4 to double as a space heater. I have to crank the AC up a bit extra to balance it out lol. But the visuals are so detailed and stunning, so no surprise.

TuVictus

Dezzy

Don't read this message if you haven't finished FF7 Remake yet. It doesn't technically contain spoilers though so I won't black it out:

Oh dear!

Ok well most of it was sheer brilliant. And then right at the very end, they go and massively change the story in a pretty huge and troubling way. Really didn't see that coming, because they'd repeatedly said they wouldn't, and the first 90% of the story is pretty much the same.

If you haven't played the original, the end of the game is gonna make almost no sense. I have no idea why they've done this but they actually assume you know what happens in the original (i.e the story you think you're currently playing), and also assume you know what happens in Crisis Core.
I don't know why on earth they've done that. A really terrible decision for newcomers, who think they're simply playing a remake of the original. Oh well, it's certainly left me curious as to how they're gonna continue with it in the next part. It could still end up being very good. But I'm also concerned it could end up being a complete disaster.

Edited on by Dezzy

gcunit

@Octane That's nice to know, thanks. I have both games, but a digital version of the ND collection will be most welcome.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

Retailer listings aren't always correct (e.g. Metroid Prime Trilogy Switch) but Days Gone and Persona 5 Royal PC has appeared on Amazon France.

EDIT: Turned out the PC listings are fakes, I had a feeling it was when Persona 5 Royal appeared.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic