Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,541 to 12,560 of 16,083

Grumblevolcano

@iKhan I'm still concerned about the Switch losing relevance, not because of PS5 anymore but rather Nintendo's own silence. The kind of silence from Nintendo about Switch in 2020 so far is the kind of silence you'd expect from a system in it's last year with the successor being released less than a year from now.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

If there's no Direct next week then that'll be true. But there probably will be a Direct next week.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

An update on BC straight from the horses mouth:

UPDATE: A quick update on backward compatibility – With all of the amazing games in PS4’s catalog, we’ve devoted significant efforts to enable our fans to play their favorites on PS5. We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5.

We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions. We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers.

In his presentation, Mark Cerny provided a snapshot into the Top 100 most-played PS4 titles, demonstrating how well our backward compatibility efforts are going. We have already tested hundreds of titles and are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch. We will provide updates on backward compatibility, along with much more PS5 news, in the months ahead. Stay tuned!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/03/18/unveiling-new-deta...

In short pretty much full BC with ps4 games

redd214

Ralizah

redd214 wrote:

We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions. We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers.

THAT'S what I want to hear. No reason they shouldn't be running games like RE2/3 and Cyberpunk 2077 at 60fps.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

@redd214 Now that's what they needed to say. I'm sure there's going to be a few titles that won't work due to taking advantage of some wonky PS4 feature that's not coming over (not that I'd be able to guess what). Well, now PS5 is actually under consideration from me at least... We'll just have to see if their exclusives actually make it worth it.

link3710

Octane

@redd214 Expected, but good news regardless.

@link3710 There's always the odd live service game that gets shut down (like DriveClub?). The Playroom, and The Playroom VR? Those were digital titles to play around with the PS Camera and the PSVR, I don't think they'll be bringing those over for example.

Octane

Dezzy

@Ralizah

Cyberpunk will probably be specifically updated by the developers for the next consoles!

I'm surprised they're not doing a separate version.

link3710

@Dezzy I full expect the eventual complete edition of cyberpunk with all DLC will be native PS5 / XBSX.

link3710

Dezzy

So who's getting FF7 on release day? And what are you doing about the fact that they said there may be stock shortages due to THE THING?
I was thinking of just going digital but for some reason, the digital version is nearly £20 more than the retail version? What the hell's that about?

@link3710

Have they said there'll be story DLC?

Edited on by Dezzy

Ralizah

@Dezzy Digital and physical are identically priced in the States by default. With that said, I snagged a Special Edition on Amazon for the same price as the base game, so I'm reluctant to cancel that preorder and go digital with it. I'll probably just wait for my order to ship. I waited this long; what's another week or two?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

Just curious.
Can i link my PS4 account to my PS3 ?

Anti-Matter

link3710

@Dezzy Yup! Most of the DLC at first will be free, like in Witcher 3. They are also considering (and I paraphrase) "meaty expansions that tell their own story" but don't have any definitive plans yet as those won't even be under real consideration until the base game is complete.

link3710

redd214

Thats good to hear. I was not a fan of the Witcher at all but I appreciate what they did especially in terms of dlc. Really looking forward to Cyberpunk. Going to hold off a couple months and just play it on the 5, going to be a tough wait!

redd214

Octane

@redd214 Yeah same here. Both TW3 and Thronebreaker were a mess at launch. So I expect Cyberpunk will require nsome heavy patching as well. Hopefully it runs smoothly by the time the PS5 comes around.

Octane

Dezzy

Ok well there are FF7 ads all over various food stuffs in the super market.

Looks like they're going BIG on their marketing budget for this. I just ate some instant noodles with Cloud's face on them.

Anti-Matter

Quick question.
Is Mighty No 9 PS4 version looks much better than the Wii U version ?
Untitled

I still heard there were some bugs on PS4 version, but got covered by latest updates and patches.
I think i want to consider it since there is a dirt cheap of Mighty No 9 (Used game) at my game shop.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

FX102A

Made the unfortunate and surprising discovery recently that the PS4 doesn't play music CDs. I understand that music has moved heavily towards digital and even the physical market seem to have partially moved to Vinyl for collecting. However I still have a massive selection of game OSTs and having to work from home I love to have some background music (almost as if its designed to blend into the background). My PC remains all boxed up and likely to remain that way so my PS4 had been my answer but no dice. Doesn't support them.

In the end brought the PS3 out, though almost makes me wonder whether I should pick up an XB1, despite it being a lot for just music playback.

FX102A

TuVictus

I guess I'll get the game digitally assuming the retail ff7 copies don't make it in time. Though I'm playing through the old games now, so I may be too busy to start the remake by the time it comes out

TuVictus

Dezzy

@TuVictus

Square have apparently shipped all retail copies in Europe and North America ahead of schedule, to make sure they're available on time.

They've said the most likely outcome is preorders will arrive early rather than late now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic