Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,441 to 12,460 of 16,083

Dezzy

@NotTelevision

To be honest, it's kinda the same as the FFXV battle system, once they'd added the ability to switch characters anyway.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NotTelevision

@Dezzy Yeah I figured that. I’m not overly familiar with RPGs that mix active and turn based elements. I think Xenoblade has something like that too right? I remember as far back as Chrono Trigger they had an option to move you character’s position while selecting attacks from a menu.

NotTelevision

Ralizah

Love the presentation and the characters. I'm already so attached to Wedge and Jessie. Everybody is just bursting with personality.

Barret's voice acting is hammy as hell, but that's not exactly out of place. This game needs a bit of that.

I'm... mixed on the combat system. Overall, I think it's fun, but I also feel like bosses are going to be a bit of a drag, if that first one was anything to go by. Incredible presentation, but it took SUCH a long time to really rack up the damage on it. Maybe I'm just not grokking the intricacies of combat and need to play with it more.

Character switching is awesome, though, and feels very satisfying and organic.

Really loved the demo overall, and can't wait for the game proper.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

@NotTelevision

Ner the Xenoblade games are essentially ATB, it's just that you can control your character movement in real-time so it looks like action in videos. Xenoblade is pure strategy though, rather than skill.
Whereas games like this (like with Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts and FFXV) all have much more focus on skill.

@Ralizah

I played it twice and killed the boss significantly quicker the second time. You definitely improve as you go. I did both Limit Breaks on him while he was staggered. That killed him really quickly.

Edited on by Dezzy

NotTelevision

It will be interesting to see how whole project shapes up. I think they are wise in not being overly faithful to the original. As much as I liked the Resident Evil 2 Remake (and have the 3make already preordered), it kinda just felt like the same old thing again. There was very little added. I thought RE 7 was a much more exciting experience and an interesting new direction for the series. But here we are again with the same lock and key puzzles and convoluted Umbrella Corp. plotline.

So it’s good that they are rethinking a lot with the FF 7 Remake, so it doesn’t feel overly familiar.

NotTelevision

Dezzy

@NotTelevision

Ha yeah but if you remember almost nothing about RE2 or RE3 like I don't, it's not a problem.

Literally all I remembered about RE2 was the police station and the fact that it came on separate discs for Leon and Claire. Then all I remember about RE3 is Nemesis randomly popping up constantly throughout the game.

NotTelevision

@Dezzy Yeah same here. To be fair RE playing it safe is still better than most because it comes from classic gameplay sensiblies. There is always that missing piece of the statue that propels you forward, and when you get it and open up a new area it feels good. There are lots of Zelda dungeon “a-ha” moments that I quite like in traditional RE games.

NotTelevision

Grumblevolcano

March - DOOM Eternal, Persona 5 Royal
April - FFVII Remake, RE3 Remake
May - TLoU2
June - Ghost of Tsushima
July - Avengers
September - Cyberpunk

So it seems Sony could delay PS5 announcement by quite a few months.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Octane definitely are, though LOU2 is something I will probably never play, those are 2 big exclusives releasing back to back. Hell of a way to cap off a generation!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Octane

@redd214 No? I thought you pretty much played anything!

But yeah, not even two months apart. People always say it's not possible, but apparently it is

Octane

redd214

@Octane yeah I do lol! Played the first one and found it a boring gameplay wise so doubt I'd like the sequel. Great story though, I ended up just watching a synopsis on YouTube lol.

redd214

redd214

@Octane about the same. Played through 2 and 3 and a bit of 4. About half way through I just put them on easy to plow through to the next story beats. For whatever reason ND games just haven't clicked with me. Still I can appreciate them as fantastic works of art just not my cup of tea personally.

redd214

Octane

@redd214 I see. You never know! Some prefer one over the other, some don't like either of them.

Octane

AnVold

That's good. I almost finished Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore and after March 31 I can play in Persona 5 Royal. I start really want to play in FFVII Remake after beating demo. And I also waiting for Ghost of Tsushima. What a wonderful year!

Edited on by AnVold

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

Ryu_Niiyama

Sweet! Happy to see that Ghost of Tsushima release date. I'm getting Nioh 2 at launch (even though I am doubtful that I will have the time to play it. ) but I'm going to try to carve out a little time for this. At least if I can put the switch down.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

@Wavey84

Did you try using the shorcut buttons instead? You can assign each command to a shortcut button, so you can use them in real-time instead of going into slow-mo.

I think it was L1+O or L1+X type thing.

Dezzy

@Wavey84

Lol your expectations are a bit too high. Of course it's 30fps, it's one of the most graphically advanced games in existence.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic